Bagyong Maring has slightly intensified as it continues to move towards Quezon-Aurora area, state weather bureau said in its latest severe weather bulletin issued at 5 p.m., Sep. 12.
The tropical depression has maximum winds of 55 km/h and gustiness of up to 65 km/h.
At 4:00 AM today, the center of Tropical Depression “MARING” was estimated based on all available data at 135 km East of Infanta, Quezon (14.8, 122.9).
Maring is expected to bring more rain to the Philippines compared to Typhoon Lannie, because of its forecast track.
It is moving west northwest at 11 kilometers per hour (km/h).
Signal number 1 is raised in the following areas due to Maring:
- Metro Manila
- Camarines Norte
- Camarines Sur
- Nothern Quezon incl. Polillo Island
- Nueva Ecija
- Nueva Vizcaya
- La Union
Moderate to heavy rains will be experienced over Bicol region, CALABARZON, MIMAROPA, Metro Manila, Central Luzon, Pangasinan due to TD “MARING.” Residents of these areas are alerted against possible landslide and flashfloods.
It is expected to make landfall this afternoon over Quezon-Aurora area.
Meanwhile, PAGASA is also monitoring the typhoon with international name Talim, locally dubbed “Lannie,” which entered PAR at 2 p.m Monday.
Typhoon “Lannie” has maintained its strength as it continues to move in a west-northwest direction.
Lannie is moving west at 26 km/h. It is already 1,370 kilometers east of Aparri, Cagayan.
At 10:00 PM. Sept. 12, the eye of Typhoon “LANNIE” was located based on all available data at at 1,255 km East of Aparri, Cagayan (19.3, 133.5).
The typhoon has maximum winds of 120 km/h and gustiness of up to 145 km/h.
There are no areas under tropical cyclone warning signals due to Lannie.
Tropical Depression Maring Track and Forecast
- 24 Hour(Tomorrow morning): In the vicinity of Agno, Pangasinan(16.1°N, 119.8°E)
- 48 Hour(Thursday morning):335 km West of Sinait, Ilocos Sur(17.2°N, 117.3°E)
- 72 Hour(Friday morning): 555 km West Northwest of Sinait, Ilocos Sur (OUTSIDE PAR)(19.4°N, 115.5°E)
- 96 Hour(Saturday morning):825 km West Northwest of Sinait, Ilocos Sur (OUTSIDE PAR)(21.1°N, 113.5°E)
- 120 Hour(Sunday morning):1,025 km Northwest of Sinait, Ilocos Sur (OUTSIDE PAR)(23.0°N, 112.5°E)