A magnitude 6.5 earthquake hit Tulunan, Cotabato, Thursday, Oct. 31, 2 days after the same area was rattled by a 6.6 magnitude earthquake. It is the third time that Tulunan, Cotabato was struck by a deadly earthquake this month, the first time was on October 16.
The quake at 9:11 a.m. was felt across the Mindanao regions, according to the Philippine Institute of Volcanology and Seismology. It was felt as far away as Cagayan de Oro City and General Santos City.
Phivolcs said in a bulletin that the tremor, which was tectonic in origin at a depth of 2 kilometers, struck Tulunan, Cotabato.
The earthquake was felt in the following areas:
- Intensity VII – Tulunan, Cotabato; Kidapawan City; Bansalan, Davao del Sur
- Intensity VI – Matanao, Davao Del Sur
- Intensity VII – Kidapawan City
- Intensity V- Malungon, Sarangani
- Intensity IV- Kiamba and Alabel, Sarangani; Tupi, South Cotabato; Koronadal City;
- General Santos City
- Intensity III – Gingoog City; Cagayan De Oro City
Phivolcs said damages are expected from the earthquake and aftershocks.