FEU, UST students electrocuted by a dangling live wire near UST gate

280 views
UST studentd died after being electrocuted

Two students at the FEU and UST were electrocuted by a dangling wire on España Boulevard in Manila on Friday, September 19, reports said.

UST studentd died after being electrocuted
Photo courtesy of Trip Advisor

The UST Central Student Council (CSC) reported via its Twitter account that the UST student was killed after being electrocuted. The deceased was 22-year-old Siegfried Arcilla, a University of Santo Tomas medical student.


He was electrocuted when he stepped on the live wire while he was walking near the university’s gate 1.

An 18-year-old Far Eastern University student was also reportedly electrocuted when he was walking in the same area. Inquirer said that the unidentified FEU student was with Siegfried Arcilla when the incident happened. ABS-CBN News was caught reportedly saying that he is now in stable condition at the UST hospital.

Inquirer also reported that another student from the Far Eastern University was also electrocuted by the same open wire. He was rushed to UST Hospital and was said to be in critical condition.

comments