The Philippine Science High School System (PSHS) is expected to release in December 2017 or January 2018 the full results of the 2017 PSHS NCE for AY 2018-2019. (READ: 2018 PSHS NCE Results for AY 2019-2020 – List of Passers)
PSHS administered the 2017 National Competitive Examination (NCE) to the tens of thousand of grade 6 elementary pupils from a duly recognized school by the Department of Education who met the criteria for the test including the following: He/She must:
- have a final grade of 85% or better in Science and Mathematics, evidenced by the student’s report card. If the student’s grades in Science or Math are below 85%, then, he/she must provide evidence that he/she belongs to the upper 10% of the class;
- be a Filipino citizen with no pending or approved application as immigrant to any foreign country;
- be born on or after August 1, 2003;
have at least a satisfactory rating (or its equivalent) in his/her Character Rating in his/her report card (SY 2016 – 2017);
- not have taken the PSHS NCE previously; and
- preferably, be in good health and fit to undergo a rigorous academic program.
The NCE is a scholastic aptitude test designed to measure scientific ability, quantitative ability, abstract reasoning, and verbal aptitude of applicants, according to the Department of Science and Technology.
The NCE was administered on October 21, 2017 in the system’s 16 campuses nationwide.
The deadline for slot confirmation/reservation of principal qualifiers will be provided here once an official announcement is released online.