It has only been six months when Maine Mendoza, also known as Yaya Dub, has joined the noontime show Eat Bulaga.
Mendoza started as “Yaya Dub,” who did dubsmashes in the “Juan For All, All for Juan” segment of the said noontime show. Until one day, she was paired to Alden Richards and the AlDub phenomenon was born. The split-screen couple has led to increased ratings of Eat Bulaga and record-breaking hashtags on social media.
But aside from the aforementioned results, Maine Mendoza was actually able to garner 17 awards from different award-giving bodies during the first six months of her career.
These awards are as follows:
- Most Popular Breakout Love Team of the Year (EdukCircle Film and Television Awards)
- Catholic Social Media Achievement Awards (1st Catholic Social Media Awards)
- Gintong Kabataan Award sa Larangan ng Sining at Kultura sa Hiyas (2015 Golden Youth Awards)
- Push Elite Newcomer (PUSH Awards 2015)
- PushPlay Best Newscomer (PUSH Awards 2015)
- Awesome Lip Sync Performance (PUSH Awards 2015)
- Most Innovative TV Love Team (Illumine Innovative College Innovation Awards for Television)
- German Moreno’s Power Tandem Award (29th PMPC Star Awards for Television
- Star Values Award (DepEd and City of Makati)
- Most Phenomenal Endorsers (2015 Comguild Academe’s Choice Awards)
- Breakthrough Performers of the Year (28th Aliw Awards)
- Most Popular Love Team (5th OFW Gawad Parangal)
- Favorite Young Actress (5th OFW Gawad Parangal)
- Best Supporting Actress (41st Metro Manila Film Festival)
- Most Phenomenal and Most Popular Love Team (36th People’s Choice Entertainment Award)
- People of the Year (Stargate People Asia Magazine)
- Trinitian Awardee for Most Valuable Female Advertising Endorser (Platinum Stallion Awards)
Moreover, in the official list of nominees for the 2016 Nickelodeon Kids’ Choice Awards (KCA), it has been officially revealed that Mendoza is among the the nominees for the Favorite Pinoy Personality category.
KCA is an annual event that aims to honor the biggest television, movie and music acts. Winners are to be identified through cable channel viewers’ and online votes.