Praybeyt Benjamin 2, an official entry to the Metro Manila Film Festival (MMFF 2014), began shooting early August with writer-director Wenn Deramas and stars Vice Ganda and Bimby Aquino documenting the experience.
After weeks of waiting and a period of protracted contract negotiations, the Unkabogable Praybeyt Benjamin 2 movie began shooting Friday, Kris Aquino confirmed. Kris shared the first behind-the-scenes look at the comedy film during the Friday episode of “Aquino & Abunda Tonight.”
Kris, mother of lead star Bimby Yap, was watching her son on the set in one of the scenes of the film that took place in Antipolo.
Wenn Deramas’ Praybeyt Benjamin 2 is one of the 8 official entries in this year’s 40th Metro Manila Film Festival announced by the Metro Manila Development Authority (MMDA) in June.
The film is Vice Ganda’s third consecutive MMFF entry, after “Sisterakas” and “Girl, Boy, Bakla, Tomboy”. The last two films which were also directed by Deramas.
Also joining in the movie is “Be Careful With My Heart” star Richard Yap.
MMFF 2014 Official Entries
Here is the complete list of entries as posted on the official MMFF Facebook page:
- Kubot: The Aswang Chronicles 2 – Dingdong Dantes and Lovi Poe (Reality Ent, GMA Films and Agostodos Pictures) Director: Erik Matti
- Bonifacio, Gusto Mo Ba Syang Makilala? – Robin Padilla and Iza Calzado (Philippians Productions) Director: Lawrence Williams
- Magnum Muslim .357 – ER Ejercito and Denise Laurel (Scenema Concept) Director: Jun Posadas
- Praybeyt Benjamin 2 – Vice Ganda (ABS CBN Productions and VIVA Productions) Director: Wenn Deramas
- Feng Shui 2 – Kris Aquino and Coco Martin (ABS CBN Productions and VIVA Productions) Director: Chito Rono
- My Big Bossing’s Adventures – Vic Sotto and Ryzza Mae Dizon (Octoarts, MZET, APT Entertainment) Directors: Joyce Bernal, Marlon Rivera, Tony Reyes
- Shake, Rattle & Roll 15 –Dennis Trillo and Carla Abellana (Regal Entertainment) Director: Jerrold Tarog
- English Only Please – Angeline Quinto, Derek Ramsay (Quantum Films) Director: Dan Villegas