Registered voters will elect for the elective local posts in Sogod, Southern Leyte: the mayor, vice mayor, the Congressman, and the councilors, six in each of the city’s two legislative districts, on May 13, 2019.
Sogod, (IPA:[ˈsuɡud]), officially the Municipality of Sogod, is a 2nd class municipality in the province of Southern Leyte, Philippines. According to the 2015 census, it has a population of 44,986 people.
The name of the municipality originated from the Cebuano word, sogod, meaning “to start.” Founded as a Catholic mission station by the Society of Jesus in 1601, Sogod became a regular municipality on June 10, 1853.
1 GABRONINO, BEM-BEM (IND)
2 TAN, EMIE (LAKAS)
1 GOLO, JOSE RAMIL (LAKAS)
2 REGIS, GREG (IND)
1 AUTIDA, JOE (LAKAS)
2 CASIL, NILO (LAKAS)
3 DAGOHOY, BENETTE (PDPLBN)
4 DEJARME, TOMMY (LAKAS)
5 FAELNAR, ELY (LAKAS)
6 FELIANO, PATRICK (LAKAS)
7 LUZON, NONOY (IND)
8 OLO, RUFO (LAKAS)
9 PARANAS, ROGELYN (LAKAS)
10 TERANTE, LANDO (LAKAS)
11 VILLA, ELLYN (PDPLBN)
12 VILLA, RODAN (IND)
13 YONG, DONDON (PDPLBN)
Guidelines for Verification
- The Certified List of Candidates (List), as posted, is merely an initial List and subject to editing.
- All candidates are enjoined to check their names, specifically their Names to Appear on the Official Ballot, in the List.
- Any request for correction, if allowed, shall be communicated to the Regional Election Director, Provincial Election Supervisor, or Election Officer concerned in writing until 9 November 2018. The Election Officer shall in turn, submit a memorandum to the Law Department, by the fastest means of communication with regard to the request for correction.
- The Law Department shall determine whether or not the request for correction is allowed.
- The List is subject to the outcome of the various cases/issues pending before the Commission.
Source: Commission on Elections