Registered voters will elect for the elective local posts in Taft, Eastern Samar: the mayor, vice mayor, the Congressman, and the councilors, six in each of the city’s two legislative districts, on May 13, 2019.
Taft, officially the Municipality of Taft, is a 4th class municipality in the province of Eastern Samar, Philippines. According to the 2015 census, it has a population of 18,915 people.
It is bounded on the north by the town of Can-avid and on the south-southeast by the town of Sulat
The municipality was named in honor of former United States President William Howard Taft, who served as Governor General of the Philippines.
1 LIBANAN, MARIAN (NP)
2 TY, GINA (PDPLBN)
1 ADALIM, MARICON (PDPLBN)
2 CEBREROS, OFELIA (NP)
1 ACAYEN, JAIME (NP)
2 ADIGUE, ELENA (NP)
3 ARAYA, SALVADOR (PDPLBN)
4 BALIBAG, MA. ALMA (PDPLBN)
5 BANAWAN, JOEL (NP)
6 DACUYAN, NORMA (PDPLBN)
7 DOCENA, PASCUAL (PDPLBN)
8 DOCENA, REX (NP)
9 ESPLAGO, GLORIA (NP)
10 ESPLAGO, MAMAY LANDO(PDPLBN)
11 LIM, MARVIN (NP)
12 SIMBALLA, MYRA (PDPLBN)
13 SIMBORIOS, DENVER (NP)
14 TY, ALDWIN (PDPLBN)
15 WHITE, ROSJANE (PDPLBN)
16 YUHAN, ANDRES JR. (NP)
Guidelines for Verification
- The Certified List of Candidates (List), as posted, is merely an initial List and subject to editing.
- All candidates are enjoined to check their names, specifically their Names to Appear on the Official Ballot, in the List.
- Any request for correction, if allowed, shall be communicated to the Regional Election Director, Provincial Election Supervisor, or Election Officer concerned in writing until 9 November 2018. The Election Officer shall in turn, submit a memorandum to the Law Department, by the fastest means of communication with regard to the request for correction.
- The Law Department shall determine whether or not the request for correction is allowed.
- The List is subject to the outcome of the various cases/issues pending before the Commission.
Source: Commission on Elections