Registered voters will elect for the elective local posts in Nabas, Aklan: the mayor, vice mayor, the Congressman, and the councilors, six in each of the city’s two legislative districts, on May 13, 2019.
Nabas, officially the Municipality of Nabas, (Aklanon: Banwa it Nabas; Hiligaynon: Banwa sang Nabas; Tagalog: Bayan ng Nabas), is a 4th class municipality in the province of Aklan, Philippines. According to the 2015 census, it has a population of 36,435 people.
The resort island of Boracay is located 2 kilometres (1.2 mi) from the north-westernmost tip of the town.
Nabas is a coastal town located east of the town of Malay at the north-west tip of Panay Island called Northwest Panay Peninsula. It bounded on the north by Sibuyan Sea; on the south by Pandan, Antique; east by Ibajay; and west by Malay.
1 DALISAY, ROMEO (NPC)
2 SOLANOY, JAMES (PDPLBN)
1 CEZAR, GERRY (PDPLBN)
2 COLUMBRES, JOERALYN (IND)
3 NAPAT, HILBERT (NPC)
1 BANDIOLA, ODON (IND)
2 BANDIOLA, WINSTON (PDPLBN)
3 BANGCAYA, ZENAIDA (PDPLBN)
4 BOLIVAR, STEPHEN (PDLBN)
5 CALIXTRO, LING (NPC)
6 CASIDSID, VIRGILIO (NPC)
7 CASTRO, VICTOR (IND)
8 DE ASIS, RICARDITO (NPC)
9 DELA TORRE, CELON (NPC)
10 DELA TORRE, LEOVILYN(PDPLBN)
11 KAHULUGAN, EDGAR (PDPLBN)
12 LASALETA, MARIA FE (NPC)
13 LAYASAN, ELIZABETH (IND)
14 NAPAT, RICHARD (IND)
15 PALANOG, CICIRON MYTON(PDPLBN)
16 PALOMATA, COGNITO JR. (NPC)
17 SABAR, BOKNOY (PDPLBN)
18 SANTIAGO, BOREK (PDLBN)
19 TIPGOS, RHUNA (NPC)
20 TUMBOKON, BERT (IND)
Guidelines for Verification
- The Certified List of Candidates (List), as posted, is merely an initial List and subject to editing.
- All candidates are enjoined to check their names, specifically their Names to Appear on the Official Ballot, in the List.
- Any request for correction, if allowed, shall be communicated to the Regional Election Director, Provincial Election Supervisor, or Election Officer concerned in writing until 9 November 2018. The Election Officer shall in turn, submit a memorandum to the Law Department, by the fastest means of communication with regard to the request for correction.
- The Law Department shall determine whether or not the request for correction is allowed.
- The List is subject to the outcome of the various cases/issues pending before the Commission.
Source: Commission on Elections