Registered voters will elect for the elective local posts in Vigan: the mayor, vice mayor, the Congressman, and the councilors, six in each of the city’s two legislative districts, on May 13, 2019.
Vigan (Ilokano: Siudad ti Vigan; Tagalog: Lungsod ng Vigan; Local pronunciation: [ˈbigän]), officially the City of Vigan, is a 4th class component city and capital of the province of Ilocos Sur, Philippines. According to the 2015 census, it has a population of 53,879 people.
Located on the western coast of the large island of Luzon, facing the South China Sea, is a UNESCO World Heritage Site in that it is one of the few towns left in the Philippines whose old structures have mostly remained intact, and it is well known for its sett pavements and a unique architecture of the Philippine colonial era which fuses Native Philippine and Oriental building designs and construction, with colonial Spanish architecture that is still abundant in the area, mainly the Bahay na Bato houses and an Earthquake Baroque church.
1 MEDINA, CARLO (NP)
1 BAQUIRAN, LULU (NP)
1 AGDAMAG-LIM, KISSES (NP)
2 APELIN, BOYING (NP)
3 ARCA, LIBONG (NP)
4 ARCE, RAMIL (NP)
5 DE LEON, NIKO (NP)
6 FIGUERRES, DOC TEN (NP)
7 FLORENTINO, REY (IND)
8 MEDINA-FARIÑAS, JANINA (NP)
9 ORIO, JOY BENETTE (NP)
10 RANCHES, THIRD (NP)
11 SINGSON, JP (NP)
Guidelines for Verification
- The Certified List of Candidates (List), as posted, is merely an initial List and subject to editing.
- All candidates are enjoined to check their names, specifically their Names to Appear on the Official Ballot, in the List.
- Any request for correction, if allowed, shall be communicated to the Regional Election Director, Provincial Election Supervisor, or Election Officer concerned in writing until 9 November 2018. The Election Officer shall in turn, submit a memorandum to the Law Department, by the fastest means of communication with regard to the request for correction.
- The Law Department shall determine whether or not the request for correction is allowed.
- The List is subject to the outcome of the various cases/issues pending before the Commission.
Source: Commission on Elections