Registered voters will elect for the elective local posts in Santa: the mayor, vice mayor, the Congressman, and the councilors, six in each of the city’s two legislative districts, on May 13, 2019.
Santa, officially the Municipality of Santa, is a 4th class municipality in the province of Ilocos Sur, Philippines. According to the 2015 census, it has a population of 15,340 people.
Due to Santa’s natural setting (the ridge of Mount Tetas de Santa in the east; the winding Abra River and delta in the north and NW of Santa; and the South China Sea to the west), then Governor-General of the Philippines Theodore Roosevelt, Jr. on his visit in 1925 exclaimed: “The mountain in the east, the winding roping river in the north, and the immense sea in the west make Santa a poetic town.
1 BELLO,ELOY CLARENCE VI(PDPLBN)
2 BUENO, JESUS JR. (BILEG)
1 BELLO, MILFA (PDPLBN)
2 BUENO, JEREMY JESUS (BILEG)
1 BAGORIO, JOEL (PDPLBN)
2 BARCELONA-DAMEG, JOSIE(PBPLBN)
3 BATALLA, SAMUEL (IND)
4 BELLO, BELLA (BILEG)
5 BISTA, EDDIEMAR (PDPLBN)
6 BORJE, EUGENE (BILEG)
7 BURGONIO, BENNY (BILEG)
8 BURGOS, MARINO (BILEG)
10 DELA CUEVA, BABY (BILEG)
11 FORMOSO, LORENZO JR.(BILEG)
12 QUERAL, PONCHING (IND)
13 RITUA, DOMINGO (BILEG)
14 SORIA, RODOLFO (PDPLBN)
15 TOLENTINO,CESAR ROMULO(BILEG)
16 UMIPIG, MARIANO JR. (IND)
17 VILLARUZ, MARCELO JR.(PDPLBN)
18 VISTA, RUTH (PDPLBN)
Guidelines for Verification
- The Certified List of Candidates (List), as posted, is merely an initial List and subject to editing.
- All candidates are enjoined to check their names, specifically their Names to Appear on the Official Ballot, in the List.
- Any request for correction, if allowed, shall be communicated to the Regional Election Director, Provincial Election Supervisor, or Election Officer concerned in writing until 9 November 2018. The Election Officer shall in turn, submit a memorandum to the Law Department, by the fastest means of communication with regard to the request for correction.
- The Law Department shall determine whether or not the request for correction is allowed.
- The List is subject to the outcome of the various cases/issues pending before the Commission.
Source: Commission on Elections