Registered voters will elect for the elective local posts in Banayoyo: the mayor, vice mayor, the Congressman, and the councilors, six in each of the city’s two legislative districts, on May 13, 2019.
Banayoyo, officially the Municipality of Banayoyo, is a 4th class municipality in the province of Ilocos Sur, Philippines. According to the 2015 census, it has a population of 7,748 people.
Settlements in the municipality are mostly established along the roads and in the areas near the people’s sources of livelihood. With limited economic opportunities in the municipality, some residents of the town have also left their town to seek higher education, better employment opportunities, better opportunities for trade and commerce not only to other more developed areas in the country but even abroad.
1 GALANG, THELMA (NPC)
2 GALANGA, VIRGILIO (BILEG)
1 GANDALERA, OSCAR SR. (BILEG)
2 SORIO, JOSE JR. (NPC)
1 GACUSAN, RUTHRELLA (BILEG)
2 GALANG, OWENH (NPC)
3 GALANGA, ALEX (BILEG)
4 GALANGCO-SEGUNDO, AMALIA (NPC)
5 GALARIO, CARLOS (NPC)
6 GAMBOA, MANUEL (BILEG)
7 GARCIA, MIGUEL JR. (BILEG)
8 GARRIGA, FLORENTINO (BILEG)
9 GINES, JOSELITO (NPC)
10 MANOGAN, RODELYN (NPC)
11 MARTINEZ, FILEMON (BILEG)
12 ORPILLA, AIDA (NPC)
13 RAMOS, FRANCIS (NPC)
14 RAMOS, ROMULO (BILEG)
15 TIONGSON, MARIO (NPC)
16 VECINA, ALBERT (BILEG)
Guidelines for Verification
- The Certified List of Candidates (List), as posted, is merely an initial List and subject to editing.
- All candidates are enjoined to check their names, specifically their Names to Appear on the Official Ballot, in the List.
- Any request for correction, if allowed, shall be communicated to the Regional Election Director, Provincial Election Supervisor, or Election Officer concerned in writing until 9 November 2018. The Election Officer shall in turn, submit a memorandum to the Law Department, by the fastest means of communication with regard to the request for correction.
- The Law Department shall determine whether or not the request for correction is allowed.
- The List is subject to the outcome of the various cases/issues pending before the Commission.
Source: Commission on Elections