While Malacañang Palace declared that November 2, 2016 or All Souls’ Day is a regular working day, some local governments units and private institutions have called off work and classes in order to give residents more time to visit the cemeteries or return home from their respective provinces.
Here are the schools and areas where classes and office work have been suspended for Wednesday, November 2, in observance of All Souls’ Day.
- Toledo City, Cebu – All classes in public schools and work in government offices
- Iligan City – All work in city government and barangay offices
- Ateneo de Manila University (Quezon City campus only) – all levels (offices will resume Wednesday, November 2; classes on Thursday, November 3). The Ateneo Professional Schools, meanwhile, will resume work and classes on Wednesday.
- De La Salle University-Manila – all levels
- De La Salle-College of Saint Benilde – all levels
- University of Santo Tomas – all levels (classes will resume on Friday, November 4)
- St Paul University – Manila – all levels
- Technological Institute of the Philippines (offices will resume Wednesday, November 2; classes on Thursday, November 3)
- St Louis University – all levels
Under Proclamation 1105, s. 2015, only October 31 and November 1 (Monday and Tuesday) were included as a special non-working holidays.