Class suspensions for July 31, 2017 have been announced by LGUs as Tropical Storm Huaning enters Philippine Area of Responsibility (PAR).
The following have declared the cancellation of classes for Monday:
(As of 8:20 p.m., July 30, 2017)
- Atok, Benguet – pre-school to high school (public and private schools)
- Kapangan, Benguet – all levels (public and private schools)
- Buguias, Benguet – pres-school to elementary (public and private schools)
- Ilocos Sur – daycare and kindergarten (public and private schools)
- Kibungan, Benguet – all levels (public and private)
- Tublay, Benguet – all levels (public and private)
- Kabayan, Benguet – all levels (public and private)
- Mankayan, Benguet – all levels (public and private)
- La Trinidad, Benguet – preschool to elementary (public and private)
- Abra – all levels (public and private)
Classes in the following schools in Valenzuela City are still suspended tomorrow, July 31.
- Dalandanan Esteban
- Pariancillo Villa
- Arkong Bato
- A. Fernando ES
- Isla ES
- Pio Valenzuela
- Coloon ES
- A. Deato ES
- Tagalag ES
- Polo NHS
- Malanday HS
In its 5 p.m. report, the Philippine Atmospheric Geophysical and Astronomical Services Administration (PAGASA), said Tropical Storm Huaning (international name: Haitang) was located 215 km northwest of Basco, Batanes and is predicted to move towards Southern Taiwan.
Signal No. 1 is up in Batanes, Ilocos Norte, Ilocos Sur, Apayao, Abra and Northwestern Cagayan including Babuyan Group of Islands.
Huaning entered the country at 10 a.m., and is expected to bring moderate to heavy rains to areas within 500km of its diameter.
The storm is expected to enhance rains from the southwest monsoon in Northern and Central Luzon. Residents have been alerted against possible flash floods and landslides as moderate to occasionally heavy rains are expected over these areas.