If you’re unsure of which Philippine architecture school is for you, these rankings can help. Our ranking of the country’s top architecture schools has been extended to weighted passing percentage in 2017 and other criteria.
The overall ranking this year for architecture features just 12 schools with 20 or more examinees and with at least 70% weighted passing percentage.
The ranking uses the same performance indicators as the Local Pulse School Rankings, however the weightings for number of examinees were adjusted to reflect programs with less examinees. The other parts of full methodology can be found here.
Other possible factors which are possibly secondary variables in nature in determining the best Philippine schools for architecture are included in the disclaimer page. Factors such as international linkages, community involvement, employer reputation, research outputs, and research citations per faculty are not part of this study. These variables are assumed to be assessed by accrediting agencies such as PACUCOA, PAASCU, and AACCUP.
- Best Philippine Schools for Medical Technology 2017
- 22 Top Performing Philippine Schools for Pharmacy in 2017
- 2017 University Rankings based on Centers of Development/Excellence
University of the Philippines is the top performing school with 80.50% overall score. University of Santo Tomas is in second place with 77.57% percentage rating.
|Best Architecture Schools in the Philippines for 2017|
|RANK||SCHOOL||OVERALL SCORE||2017 OVERALL BOARD EXAM PERFORMANCE (70%)||OTHER CRITERIA (30%)|
|PASSED||FAILED||TOTAL||Weighted % PASSED (40%)||No. Of Examinees (20%)||With Top Examinees (10%)||Accreditation Level||Accreditation Level Score (20%)||Faculty-Student Ratio (FSR)||No. of Students per Faculty||FSR Score (10%)|
|1||UNIVERSITY OF THE PHILIPPINES- DILIMAN||80.50||65||0||65||100.00||50||100||Independent||60||1:16||16||85|
|2||UNIVERSITY OF SANTO TOMAS||77.57||296||62||358||82.68||100||70||Level I||50||1:21||21||75|
|3||UNIVERSITY OF THE PHILIPPINES- MINDANAO||69.50||35||0||35||100.00||30||40||Independent||60||1:20||20||75|
|4||TECHNOLOGICAL UNIVERSITY OF THE PHILIPPINES-MANILA||67.77||82||34||116||70.69||70||60||Level II||60||1:23||23||75|
|5||PAMANTASAN NG LUNGSOD NG MAYNILA||66.74||48||20||68||70.59||50||100||Independent||60||1:30||30||65|
|6||UNIVERSITY OF SAN CARLOS||65.66||78||29||107||72.90||70||90||Not Accredited||30||1:22||22||75|
|7||MAPUA INSTITUTE OF TECHNOLOGY-MANILA||62.92||64||23||87||73.56||60||40||Level I||50||1:25||25||75|
|8||POLYTECHNIC UNIVERSITY OF THE PHILIPPINES-MAIN||61.39||91||35||126||72.22||80||40||Not Accredited||30||1:33||33||65|
|9||DE LA SALLE UNIVERSITY- DASMARIÑAS||60.50||36||9||45||80.00||40||40||Candidate||40||1:19||19||85|
|10||ATENEO DE DAVAO UNIVERSITY||60.30||38||13||51||74.51||40||80||Not Accredited||30||1:16||16||85|
|11||UNIVERSITY OF SAINT LOUIS - TUGUEGARAO||54.80||18||5||23||78.26||30||40||Not Accredited||30||1:27||27||75|
|12||MINDANAO UNIVERSITY OF SCIENCE & TECHNOLOGY-CDO||52.30||18||7||25||72.00||30||40||Not Accredited||30||1:25||25||75|
- List of Centers of Excellence and Development. (2017, January 24). Retrieved from http://api.ched.ph/api/v1/download/4323
- Private Higher Education Institutions Faculty-Student Ratio. (2017, April 10). Retrieved from http://api.ched.ph/api/v1/download/4433
- Private Higher Education Institutions Faculty-Student Ratio 2015/2016. (2016). Retrieved from http://api.ched.ph/api/v1/download/2346
- State Universities and Colleges (SUCs) Faculty Student Ratio. (2017, April 10). Retrieved from http://api.ched.ph/api/v1/download/4327
- June 2017 Architect Licensure Examination Results Released In Two (2) Working Days. (2017, June 28). Retrieved from http://www.prc.gov.ph/news/?id=7586
- January 2017 Architect Licensure Examination results released in five (5) working days. (2017, February 3). Retrieved from http://www.prc.gov.ph/news/?id=6451
- Certified Levels. Institutions that were Granted Institutional Accreditation. (2017, April 25). Retrieved from http://www.pacucoa.ph/Certified%20Levels%20as%20of%20June%202017.pdf
- Philippine Accrediting Association of Schools, Colleges and Universities. Retrieved from http://paascu.org.ph/?page_id=119