A total of 10 colleges and universities, 7 private and 3 public schools, are among the top performing physical therapy schools out of 86 in the 2019 aggregate data of physical therapist licensure examinations with 40 or more examinees and with at least 80% weighted passing rate. (READ: Top Performing Physical Therapy Schools in the Philippines for 2014-2018)
The Pamantasan ng Lungsod ng Maynila earned the No. 1 spot as top performing school in physical therapist licensure examinations for 2019 with a 100 percent weighted passing rate or 63 successful examinees out of 63.
A total of 1605 out of 2,577 examinees successfully passed the physical therapist licensure examinations in this year’s February and August schedules. The weighted national passing rate for the same period was 62.28 percent.
Firs-time examinees accounted for 1,888 with a total of 1,343 successful examinees or 71.11 percent passing rate of the same group or 52.11 percent of the total examinees.
Of the 689 repeaters, only 262 successfully passed the licensure examination in 2019 or 38.03% among the repeaters or 10.17% among the total examinees.
The University of Santo Tomas placed second with a 98.40 percent weighted passing rate from its 123 successful examinees out of 125.
The University of the Philippines-Manila came in third place with a 97.62 percent from its 41 passers out of 42 examinees.
The University of the East-Ramon Magsaysay Memorial Medical Center was fourth with a 96.87 percent weighted passing rate from its 62 successful examinees out of 64.
San Pedro College-Davao City earned fifth place with a 94.55 percent weighted passing rate from its 52 successful examinees out of 55.
The Silliman University placed sixth with a 93.48 percent weighted passing rate from its 52 successful examinees out 55.
The De La Salle Medical and Health Sciences Institute in Dasmariñas City earned the seventh spot with an 84.38 percent weighted passing rate from its 81 successful examinees out of 96.
Completing the top 10 performing mechanical engineering schools are the Far Eastern University-Nicanor Reyes Medical Foundation (81.14% with 43 passers out of 53 examinees), Mariano Marcos State University-Batac (80.85% with 76 passers out of 94 examinees), and Cebu Doctors’ University (80.85% with 76passers out of 94 examinees).
Below is the list of the top physical therapy schools in the Philippines with their ranking metrics.
|Top Performing Physical Therapy Schools in the Philippines for 2019|
|First Timers||Repeaters||Overall Performance|
|1||PAMANTASAN NG LUNGSOD NG MAYNILA||59||59||4||4||63||63||100.00%|
|2||UNIVERSITY OF SANTO TOMAS||119||121||4||4||123||125||98.40%|
|3||UNIVERSITY OF THE PHILIPPINES-MANILA||39||40||2||2||41||42||97.62%|
|4||UNIVERSITY OF THE EAST RAMON MAGSAYSAY MEMORIAL MEDICAL CENTER||56||58||6||6||62||64||96.87%|
|5||SAN PEDRO COLLEGE-DAVAO CITY||49||51||3||4||52||55||94.55%|
|7||DE LA SALLE MEDICAL & HEALTH SCIENCES INSTITUTE||79||93||2||3||81||96||84.38%|
|8||FAR EASTERN UNIVERSITY-NICANOR REYES MEDICAL FOUNDATION||39||44||4||9||43||53||81.14%|
|9||MARIANO MARCOS STATE UNIVERSITY-BATAC||74||90||2||4||76||94||80.85%|
|10||CEBU DOCTORS UNIVERSITY||69||78||7||16||76||94||80.85%|
- Top Performing Mechanical Engineering Schools in PH for 2019
- Top Performing Architecture Schools in the Philippines for 2019
- Top Performing Physical Therapy Schools in the Philippines for 2014-2018
- 23 ranked Best Physical Therapy Schools in the Philippines (2014-2018)
- 23 Ranked Best Physical Therapy Schools in the Philippines for 2018
- Top Performing Occupational Therapy Schools in the Philippines for 2018
- August 2019 Physical and Occupational Therapist Licensure Examinations results released in two (2) working days. (2019, August 14). Retrieved from https://www.prc.gov.ph/article/august-2019-physical-and-occupational-therapist-licensure-examinations-results-released-two
- February 2019 Physical and Occupational Therapist Licensure Examinations results released in two (2) working days . (2019, February 7). Retrieved from https://www.prc.gov.ph/article/february-2019-physical-and-occupational-therapist-licensure-examinations-results-released