A total of 24 colleges and universities, 9 private and 15 public schools, are among the top performing mechanical engineering schools out of 183 in the 2018 aggregate data of mechanical engineers licensure examinations with at least 30 examinees and above the weighted passing rate of 70 percent. (READ: 39 Best Mechanical Engineering Schools in the Philippines for 2018)
The Malayan Colleges Laguna garnered the No. 1 spot as top performing school in mechanical engineer licensure examinations for 2018 with a 94.83 percent weighted passing rate from its 58 examinees.
A total of 4,025 out of 7,067 examinees passed the mechanical engineer licensure examinations held in February and August last year. The weighted national passing rate for 2018 was 56.95 percent.
The Pangasinan State University-Urdaneta placed second with a 94.73 percent weighted passing rate from its 36 successful examinees out of 38 in 2018.
The Batangas State University-Alangilan came in third place with a 93.78 percent from its 181 passers out of 193 examinees.
The University of the East Manila was fourth with a 93.33 percent weighted passing rate from its 28 successful examinees out of 30.
The fifth spot was the Polytechnic University of the Philippines-Taguig with 91.18 percent weighted passing rate from its 31 passers out of 34 examinees.
The University of the Philippines-Diliman earned the sixth place with an 89.83 percent weighted passing rate from its 53 successful examinees out of 59.
Completing the top 10 performing schools are the Mapua University-Manila (85.88% with 73 passers out of 85 examinees), University of Santo Tomas (84.68% with 105 passers out of 124 examinees), Technological University of the Philippines-Manila (84.66% with 138 passers out of 163 examinees), and Saint Louis University (83.40% with 211 passers out of 253 examinees).
- Top Performing Physical Therapy Schools in the Philippines for 2018
- Top Performing Architecture Schools in the Philippines for 2018
- Top Performing Physical Therapy Schools in the Philippines for 2014-2018
- Top Performing Architecture Schools in the Philippines for 2014-2018
- Top Performing Medical Schools in PH for 2014-2018
- Top Performing Pharmacy Schools in the Philippines for 2014-2018
- Top Performing Medical Technology Schools in the Philippines for 2014-2018
Here is the full list of top performing mechanical engineering schools nationwide for 2018 with at least 30 examinees and above the weighted passing rate of 70%.
|1||MALAYAN COLLEGES LAGUNA||55||3||58||94.83%|
|2||PANGASINAN STATE UNIVERSITY-URDANETA||36||2||38||94.73%|
|3||BATANGAS STATE UNIVERSITY-ALANGILAN||181||12||193||93.78%|
|4||UNIVERSITY OF THE EAST-MANILA||28||2||30||93.33%|
|5||POLYTECHNIC UNIVERSITY OF THE PHILIPPINES-TAGUIG||31||3||34||91.18%|
|6||UNIVERSITY OF THE PHILIPPINES-DILIMAN||53||6||59||89.83%|
|8||UNIVERSITY OF SANTO TOMAS||105||19||124||84.68%|
|9||TECHNOLOGICAL UNIVERSITY OF THE PHILIPPINES-MANILA||138||25||163||84.66%|
|10||SAINT LOUIS UNIVERSITY||211||42||253||83.40%|
|11||SOUTHERN LUZON STATE UNIVERSITY-LUCBAN||135||32||167||80.84%|
|12||TECHNOLOGICAL UNIVERSITY OF THE PHILIPPINES-VISAYAS||111||29||140||79.28%|
|13||TARLAC STATE UNIVERSITY||37||10||47||78.72%|
|14||UNIVERSITY OF SAN CARLOS||32||9||41||78.05%|
|15||MINDANAO STATE UNIVERSITY-MARAWI CITY||29||9||38||76.32%|
|16||SORSOGON STATE COLLEGE-SORSOGON||45||14||59||76.27%|
|17||DE LA SALLE UNIVERSITY-MANILA||54||18||72||75.00%|
|18||POLYTECHNIC UNIVERSITY OF THE PHILIPPINES-MAIN||160||56||216||74.08%|
|19||BULACAN STATE UNIVERSITY-MALOLOS||128||45||173||73.99%|
|20||NUEVA ECIJA UNIVERSITY OF SCIENCE & TECHNOLOGY- CABANATUAN||52||19||71||73.24%|
|21||BOHOL ISLAND STATE UNIVERSITY-TAGBILARAN||48||19||67||71.64%|
|22||UNIVERSITY OF NUEVA CACERES||35||14||49||71.43%|
|23||HOLY ANGEL UNIVERSITY||72||29||101||71.29%|
- August 2018 Mechanical Engineer Licensure Examination results released in four (4) working days. (2018, August 31). Retrieved from https://prc.gov.ph/article/august-2018-mechanical-engineer-licensure-examination-results-released-four-4-working-days
- February 2018 Mechanical Engineer Licensure Examination Results Released In Three (3) Working Days. (2018, March 2). Retrieved from https://prc.gov.ph/article/february-2018-mechanical-engineer-licensure-examination-results-released-three-3-working