A total of 11 colleges and universities, 4 private and 7 public schools, are among the top performing electronics engineering schools out of 239 in the 2018 aggregate data of electronics engineer licensure examinations with at least 30 examinees and above the weighted passing rate of 70 percent. (READ: Top Performing Schools in Electronics Technician Licensure Exams for 2018)
University of the Philippines-Diliman in Quezon City earned the No. 1 spot as top performing school in electronics engineer licensure examinations for 2018 with 98.70 percent weighted passing rate or 76 out of 77 examinees.
A total of 3,534 out of 7,363 examinees passed the electronics engineer licensure examinations held in April and October last year. The weighted national passing rate for 2018 was 48.0 percent.
Polytechnic University of the Philippines-Taguig placed second with 79.55 percent weighted passing rate from its 35 successful examinees out of 44.
University of Santo Tomas came in third place with 77.57 percent from its 121 passers out of 156 examinees.
De La Salle University was fourth with 75.23 percent weighted passing rate from its 82 successful examinees out of 109.
The fifth spot was Polytechnic University of the Philippines-Sto. Tomas with 73.81 percent weighted passing rate from its 31 passers out of 42 examinees.
Mapua University-Manila earned the sixth place with 73.74 percent weighted passing rate from its 132 sucessful examinees out of 179.
Completing the top 10 performing schools are the First Asia Institute of Technology & Humanities in Tanauan City, Batangas (71.88% with 23 passers out of 32 examinees), University of Science and Technology of Southern Philippines in Davao City (71.64% with 48 passers out of 67 examinees), Mindanao State University-General Santos City (71.43% with 25 passers out of 35 examinees), and Mindanao State University-Iligan Institute of Technology (71.21% with 47 passers out of 66 examinees).
- Top Performing Physical Therapy Schools in the Philippines for 2014-2018
- Top Performing Architecture Schools in the Philippines for 2014-2018
- Top Performing Medical Schools in PH for 2014-2018
- Top Performing Pharmacy Schools in the Philippines for 2014-2018
- Top Performing Medical Technology Schools in the Philippines for 2014-2018
Here is the full list of top performing electronics engineering schools nationwide for 2018 with at least 30 examinees and above the weighted passing rate of 70%.
|Rank||School||Passers||Takers||Weighted Average (%)|
|1||University of the Philippines-Diliman||76||77||98.70|
|2||Polytechnic University of the Philippines-Taguig||35||44||79.55|
|3||University of Santo Tomas||121||156||77.57|
|4||De La Salle University-Manila||82||109||75.23|
|5||Polytechnic University of the Philippines-Sto. Tomas||31||42||73.81|
|7||First Asia Institute of Technology & Humanities||23||32||71.88|
|8||University of Science and Technology of Southern Philippines||48||67||71.64|
|9||Mindanao State University-Gen. Santos City||25||35||71.43|
|10||Mindanao State University-Iligan Institute of Technology||47||66||71.21|
|11||Pamantasan ng Cabuyao||24||34||70.59|
- October 2018 Electronics Engineer and Electronics Technician Licensure Examination Results Released in Four (4) Working Days. (2018, October 26). Retrieved from https://www.prc.gov.ph/article/october-2018-electronics-engineer-and-electronics-technician-licensure-examination-results
- April 2018 Electronics Engineers and Electronics Technician results released in three (3) working days. (2018, April 12). Retrieved from https://www.prc.gov.ph/article/april-2018-electronics-engineers-and-electronics-technician-results-released-three-3-working