The ranking of the best dentistry schools in the Philippines for 2017 has been released, which currently features only 9 out of the 37 colleges and universities offering programs in dentistry.
University of the East-Manila led the list of the best dentistry schools offering dentistry programs in 2017 with 79.61 percent overall score. University of the Philippines Manila followed with 76.50 percent while University of Baguio and Centro Escolar University-Makati ranked third and fourth with 70.24% and 68.07% overall scores, respectively. Adventist University of the Philippines landed fifth with 65.52 percent overall score.
The ranking is based on the results of two dentist licensure examinations in 2017 (May and December) plus other factors including level of accreditation and faculty-student ratio to find out which schools offering programs in dentistry have the most valuable degree programs to produce batch of examinees with high dentist licensure examination (CLE) passing rates.
The ranking uses the same performance indicators as the Local Pulse School Rankings, however the weightings for number of examinees were adjusted to reflect programs with less examinees. Details on the methodology are discussed here. Other possible factors which are possibly secondary variables in determining the best Philippine schools to study dentistry are included in the disclaimer page. Factors such as international linkages, community involvement, employer reputation, research outputs, and research citations per faculty are not part of this study. These variables are assumed to be assessed by accredited agencies such as PACUCOA, PAASCU, AACCUP, and CHEd.
- 49 Best Nursing Schools in the Philippines for 2017
- 57 Best Secondary Education Schools in the Philippines for 2017
- 28 Best Elementary Education Schools in the Philippines for 2017
- 39 Best Psychology Schools in the Philippines for 2017
- 20 Best Accountancy Schools in the Philippines for 2017
- 23 Best Electronics Engineering Schools in the Philippines for 2017
- 26 Best Mechanical Engineering Schools in the Philippines for 2017
- 25 Best Medical Schools in the Philippines for 2017
- Top Philippine Architecture Schools in 2017
- 34 Best Electrical Engineering Schools in PH for 2017
- Best Philippine Schools for Medical Technology 2017
- 22 Best Philippine Schools for Pharmacy in 2017
- 2017 University Rankings based on Centers of Development/Excellence
To rank the schools, we took the weighted passing rates of the two dentist licensure examinations in 2017, the number of examinees, and top performing examinees as the overall board exam performance, and faculty-student ratio and accreditation status of the dentistry program as other criteria. Note that the passing rates we used in 2017 were adjusted to 60% and above (unlike the PRC’s 80%), and minimum of 20 examinees (unlike the PRC’s 50 minimum examinees).
Read on to see which schools made the list.
|9 Best Philippine Schools with Dentistry Programs for 2017|
|RANK||SCHOOL||OVERALL SCORE||OVERALL BOARD EXAM PERFORMANCE (70%)||OTHER CRITERIA (30%)|
|PASSED||FAILED||TOTAL||Weighted % PASSED (40%)||No. of Examinees (20%)||With Top Examinees (10%)||Accreditation Level||Accreditation Level Score (20%)||Faculty-Student Ratio (FSR)||No. of Students per Faculty||FSR Score (10%)|
|1||UNIVERSITY OF THE EAST-MANILA||79.61||210||69||279||75.26%||100||100||Level II||60||1:27||27||75|
|2||UNIVERSITY OF THE PHILIPPINES- MANILA||76.50||35||0||35||100.00%||40||100||Level I||50||1:16||16||85|
|3||UNIVERSITY OF BAGUIO||70.24||33||5||38||86.84%||40||40||Level IV||80||1:29||29||75|
|4||CENTRO ESCOLAR UNIVERSITY- MAKATI||68.07||47||9||56||83.93%||60||70||Candidate||40||1:23||23||75|
|5||ADVENTIST UNIVERSITY OF THE PHILIPPINES||65.52||38||11||49||77.55%||50||60||Level I||50||1:18||18||85|
|6||CEBU DOCTORS UNIVERSITY||64.19||48||9||57||84.21%||60||40||Not Accredited||30||1:15||15||85|
|7||CENTRO ESCOLAR UNIVERSITY- MALOLOS||59.28||25||11||36||69.45%||40||40||Level II||60||1:22||22||75|
|8||LYCEUM OF THE PHILIPPINES UNIVERSITY-BATANGAS,INC||57.25||23||9||32||71.87%||40||80||Not Accredited||30||1:33||33||65|
|9||DAVAO MEDICAL SCHOOL FOUNDATION||53.27||15||7||22||68.19%||30||40||Not Accredited||30||1:7||7||100|
- List of Centers of Excellence and Development. (2017, January 24). Retrieved from http://api.ched.ph/api/v1/download/4323
- Private Higher Education Institutions Faculty-Student Ratio. (2017, April 10). Retrieved from http://api.ched.ph/api/v1/download/4433
- Private Higher Education Institutions Faculty-Student Ratio 2015/2016. (2016). Retrieved from http://api.ched.ph/api/v1/download/2346
- State Universities and Colleges (SUCs) Faculty Student Ratio. (2017, April 10). Retrieved from http://api.ched.ph/api/v1/download/4327
- December 2017 Results of Licensure Examination for Dentist (Written Phase) Released in two (2) Working Days. (2018, December 8). Retrieved from https://prc.gov.ph/article/december-2017-results-licensure-examination-dentist-written-phase-released-two-2-working
- May 2017 Dentist Licensure Examination results released in two (2) working days. (2017, June 6). Retrieved from https://www.prc.gov.ph/article/may-2017-dentist-licensure-examination-results-released-two-2-working-days/1291
- Certified Levels. Institutions that were Granted Institutional Accreditation. (2017, April 25). Retrieved from http://www.pacucoa.ph/Certified%20Levels%20as%20of%20June%202017.pdf
- Philippine Accrediting Association of Schools, Colleges and Universities. Retrieved from http://paascu.org.ph/?page_id=119