The ranking of the best dentistry schools in the Philippines for 2018 has been released, which currently featured only 8 out of the 38 colleges and universities offering programs in dentistry.
University of the East-Manila still led the list of the best dentistry schools offering dentistry programs in 2018 with 81.42 percent overall score. University of the Philippines Manila followed with 80.50 percent while University of Baguio and Centro Escolar University-Malolos ranked third and fourth with 80.22% and 72.18% overall scores, respectively. Southwestern University landed fifth with 70.95 percent overall score.
The ranking is based on the results of two dentist licensure examinations in 2018 (May and December) plus other factors including level of accreditation and faculty-student ratio to find out which schools offering programs in dentistry have the most valuable degree programs to produce batch of examinees with high dentist licensure examination passing rates.
The ranking uses the same performance indicators as the Local Pulse School Rankings, however the weightings for number of examinees were adjusted to reflect programs with less examinees. Details on the methodology are discussed here. Other possible factors which are possibly secondary variables in determining the best Philippine schools to study dentistry are included in the disclaimer page. Factors such as international linkages, community involvement, employer reputation, research outputs, and research citations per faculty are not part of this study. These variables are assumed to be assessed by accredited agencies such as PACUCOA, PAASCU, AACCUP, and CHEd.
- 67 ranked Best Secondary Education Schools in the Philippines for 2018
- 24 ranked Best Elementary Education Schools in the Philippines for 2018
- 43 Ranked Best Nursing Schools in the Philippines for 2018
- 22 Ranked Best Psychology Schools in the Philippines for 2018
- 31 Ranked Best Civil Engineering Schools in the Philippines for 2018
- 24 Ranked Best Medical Schools in the Philippines for 2018
- 33 Ranked Best Medical Technology Schools in the Philippines for 2018
- 5 Ranked Best Optometry Schools in the Philippines for 2018
- 14 Best Agricultural & Biosystems Engineering Schools in the Philippines for 2018
- 10 Best Agriculture Schools in the Philippines for 2018
- 29 Ranked Best Philippines Schools to Become Registered Master Electrician for 2018
- 8 Placed Best Respiratory Therapy Schools in the Philippines for 2018
- 7 Ranked Best Veterinary Medicine Schools in the Philippines for 2018
- 7 Best Occupational Therapy Schools in the Philippines for 2018
- 37 Ranked Best Electrical Engineering Schools in the Philippines for 2018
- 39 Best Mechanical Engineering Schools in the Philippines for 2018
- 23 Ranked Best Physical Therapy Schools in the Philippines for 2018
- 18 Best Nutrition and Dietetics Schools in the Philippines for 2018
- 17 Best Radiologic Technology Schools in the Philippines for 2018
- 41 Ranked Best Pharmacy Schools in the Philippines 2018
- 22 Best Architecture Schools in the Philippines for 2018
- 2018 University Rankings based on Centers of Development/Excellence
To rank the schools, we took the weighted passing rates of the two dentist licensure examinations in 2018, the number of examinees, and top performing examinees as the overall board exam performance, and faculty-student ratio and accreditation status of the dentistry program as other criteria. Note that the passing rates we used in 2018 were adjusted to 60% and above (unlike the PRC’s 80%), and minimum of 20 examinees (unlike the PRC’s 50 minimum examinees).
Read on to see which schools made the list.
|8 Best Philippine Schools with Dentistry Programs for 2018|
|RANK||SCHOOL||OVERALL SCORE||OVERALL BOARD EXAM PERFORMANCE (70%)||OTHER CRITERIA (30%)|
|PASSED||FAILED||TOTAL||Weighted % PASSED (40%)||No. of Examinees (20%)||With Top Examinees (10%)||Accreditation Level||Accreditation Level Score (20%)||Faculty-Student Ratio (FSR)||No. of Students per Faculty||FSR Score (10%)|
|1||UNIVERSITY OF THE EAST-MANILA||81.42||245||24||307||79.80%||100||100||Level II||60||1:29||29||75|
|2||UNIVERSITY OF THE PHILIPPINES- MANILA||80.50||43||0||43||100.00%||50||100||Independent||60||1:15||15||85|
|3||UNIVERSITY OF BAGUIO||80.22||56||1||61||91.81%||70||60||Level IV||80||1:25||25||75|
|4||CENTRO ESCOLAR UNIVERSITY- MALOLOS||72.18||33||3||37||89.19%||40||80||Level II||60||1:19||19||85|
|5||SOUTHWESTERN UNIVERSITY||70.95||69||18||97||71.14%||100||80||Not Accredited||30||1:18||18||85|
|6||CENTRO ESCOLAR UNIVERSITY- MAKATI||69.17||39||4||45||86.67%||50||60||Level I||50||1:19||19||85|
|7||CEBU DOCTORS UNIVERSITY||69.02||63||3||69||91.31%||70||40||Not Accredited||30||1:14||14||85|
|8||LYCEUM OF THE PHILIPPINES UNIVERSITY-BATANGAS, INC||58.07||20||4||28||71.43%||30||40||Level II||60||1:28||28||75|
- Private Higher Education Institutions Faculty-Student Ratio. (2018, June 8). Retrieved from https://ched.gov.ph/wp-content/uploads/2018/07/Private-Higher-Education-Institutions-Faculty-Student-Ratio.pdf
- State Universities and Colleges (SUCs) Faculty Student Ratio. (2018, June 8). Retrieved from https://ched.gov.ph/wp-content/uploads/2018/07/State-Universities-and-Colleges-SUCs-Faculty-Student-Ratio.pdf
- List of Centers of Excellence and Development. (2018, May 8). Retrieved from https://ched.gov.ph/wp-content/uploads/2018/07/List-of-Centers-of-Excellence-and-Development.pdf
- December 2018 Dentist Licensure Examination Results Released in Two (2) Working Days. (2018, December 28). Retrieved from https://prc.gov.ph/article/september-2018-results-licensure-examination-teachers-released-fifty-two-52-working-days
- May 2018 Dentist Licensure Examination Results Released in Two (2) Working Days. (2018, June 6). Retrieved from https://www.prc.gov.ph/article/may-2018-dentist-licensure-examination-results-released-two-2-working-days/2265
- Institutions with Accredited Programs (as of September 2018). Retrieved from https://drive.google.com/file/d/12DBK6obVT1EgoeAXU3sI4pfKB_02emfJ/view
- Philippine Accrediting Association of Schools, Colleges and Universities. Retrieved from http://paascu.org.ph/?page_id=119
- Accreditation Status of Institutional Members (All Years, 1992-2017). (2018). Retrieved from http://www.aaccupqa.org.ph/index.php/about-aaccup/2-uncategorised/73-accreditation-status-of-institutional-members-all-years-1992-2017