The ranking of the Best Respiratory Therapy Schools in the Philippines for 2019 has been released, which featured only 8 out of the 23 colleges and universities offering respiratory therapy undergraduate programs.
Cagayan State University in Tuguegarao City took the lead for respiratory therapy with a 76.45% overall score after scoring 97.37% in weighted passing rate average, 70% in the number of examinees, 100% in top-performing examinees, 30% in respiratory therapy program accreditation, and 75% in faculty-student ratio.
Cebu Doctors’ University made the 2nd rank on the list for 2019 with an overall score of 73.50%, ahead of San Pedro College-Davao City (72.69%) at 3rd rank, Central Philippine University (67.30%) at 4th rank, and Universidad de Zamboanga (66.92%) at 5th rank. Rounding out the remaining three places for the 8 best respiratory therapy schools are the Perpetual Help College of Manila (66.92%) at 6th rank, the University of Perpetual Help System-Laguna (60.64%) at 7th, and the University of Batangas (54.54%) at 8th.
- 11 rank Best Philippine Schools to Become a Psychologist for 2019
- 6 rank 2019 Best Optometry Schools in the Philippines
- 24 Rank Best Electronics Engineering Schools in the Philippines for 2019
- 5 Ranked Best Accountancy Schools in the Philippines for 2019
- 31 Ranked Best Medical Technology Schools in the Philippines for 2019
- 49 Ranked Best Electrical Engineering Schools in the Philippines for 2019
- 40 Best Mechanical Engineering Schools in the Philippines for 2019
- 10 Ranked Best Physical Therapy Schools in the Philippines for 2019
- 12 Best Radiologic Technology Schools in the Philippines for 2019
- 15 Best Architecture Schools in the Philippines for 2019
- 2019 University Rankings based on Centers of Development/Excellence
The list is based on the results of this year’s respiratory therapist licensure examinations in August (Special) and in September plus other factors including accreditation status of the program and faculty-student ratio to find out which schools offering respiratory therapy programs have the most valuable degree programs to produce batch of examinees with high respiratory therapist licensure examination passing rates.
The ranking uses the same performance indicators as the Local Pulse School Rankings, however, the weightings for the number of examinees were adjusted to reflect programs with fewer examinees. Details on the methodology are discussed here. Other possible factors that are possibly secondary variables in determining the best Philippine schools to study respiratory therapy are included in the disclaimer page. Factors such as international linkages, community involvement, employer reputation, research outputs, and research citations per faculty are not part of this study. These variables are assumed to be assessed by accrediting agencies such as PACUCOA, PAASCU, AACCUP, and CHEd.
To rank the schools, we took the weighted passing rate average of the two respiratory therapist licensure examinations in 2019, the number of examinees, and top-performing examinees as the overall board exam performance, and faculty-student ratio and accreditation status of the respiratory therapy as other criteria. Note that the weighted passing rate average we used for the 2019 respiratory therapist licensure examination was adjusted to 65% and above (unlike the PRC’s 80%), and a minimum of 20 examinees (unlike the PRC’s 50 minimum examinees).
Read on to see which schools made the list.
|8 Best Philippine Schools with Respiratory Therapy Programs for 2019|
|OVERALL BOARD EXAM PERFORMANCE (70%)||OTHER CRITERIA (30%)|
|RANK||OVERALL SCORE (%)||PASSED||FAILED||TOTAL||Weighted Ave. (%)||No. of Examinees (20%)||With Top Examinees (10%)||Accreditation Level||Accreditation Level Score (20%)||Faculty-Student Ratio (FSR)||No. of Students per Faculty||FSR Score (10%)|
|1||CAGAYAN STATE UNIVERSITY-ANDREWS CAMPUS||76.45||111||3||114||97.37%||70||100||Not Accredited||30||1:22||22||75|
|2||CEBU DOCTORS UNIVERSITY||73.50||20||0||20||100.00%||30||90||Level I||50||1:13||13||85|
|3||SAN PEDRO COLLEGE-DAVAO CITY||72.69||106||8||114||92.98%||70||100||Not Accredited||30||1:48||48||55|
|4||CENTRAL PHILIPPINE UNIVERSITY||67.30||23||2||25||92.00%||30||100||Not Accredited||30||1:15||15||85|
|5||UNIVERSIDAD DE ZAMBOANGA||66.92||142||73||215||66.05%||100||100||Not Accredited||30||1:57||57||45|
|6||PERPETUAL HELP COLLEGE OF MANILA||61.77||45||21||66||68.18%||50||100||Not Accredited||30||1:11||11||85|
|7||UNIVERSITY OF PERPETUAL HELP SYSTEM-LAGUNA||60.64||38||18||56||67.86%||40||100||Candidate||40||1:28||28||75|
|8||UNIVERSITY OF BATANGAS||54.54||19||4||23||82.60%||30||40||Not Accredited||30||1:45||45||55|
- Private Higher Education Institutions Faculty-Student Ratio. (2019, June 8). Retrieved from https://ched.gov.ph/wp-content/uploads/2019-Private-HEIs-Faculty-Student-Ratio.pdf
- State Universities and Colleges (SUCs) Faculty Student Ratio. (2019, June 8). Retrieved from https://ched.gov.ph/wp-content/uploads/2019-SUCs-Faculty-Student-Ratio.pdf
- September 2019 Respiratory Therapist Licensure Examination Results Released in Two (2) Working Days. (2019, September 20). Retrieved from https://www.prc.gov.ph/article/september-2019-respiratory-therapist-licensure-examination-results-released-two-2-working
- August 2019 Special Professional Licensure Examination for Respiratory Therapists Results Released. (2019, September 20). Retrieved from https://www.prc.gov.ph/article/august-2019-special-professional-licensure-examination-respiratory-therapists-results
- Accreditation Status of Institutional Members (All Years, 1992-2017). Retrieved from http://www.aaccupqa.org.ph/index.php/about-aaccup/institutional-members/4-institutional-members
- Institutions/Programs that were Granted Various Accredited Status by Region, (2019, July 4). Retrieved from https://drive.google.com/file/d/1uQi3ioO1duYpDC8CAfpZ821QDtTem4dS/view
- Philippine Accrediting Association of Schools, Colleges and Universities. Retrieved from http://paascu.org.ph/?page_id=119