The ranking of the best respiratory therapy schools in the Philippines for 2018 has been released, which currently features only 8 out of the 20 colleges and universities offering respiratory therapy undergraduate programs.
San Pedro College-Davao City took the lead for respiratory therapy with 76.02% overall score after taking into account its performance in the two respiratory therapist licensure examinations this year, accreditation status, and faculty-student ratio.
Cagayan State University-Andrews Campus made the 2nd rank on the list for 2018, ahead of the Universidad de Zamboanga at 3rd rank, Pines City Colleges at 4th rank, and University of Perpetual Help System Dalta-Las Piñas at 5th rank. Rounding out the remaining three places for the top 8 performing schools are the Far Eastern University-Nicanor Reyes Medical Foundation at 6th rank, Mary Chiles College at 7th, and Lorma Colleges at 8th.
The list is based on the results of this year’s respiratory therapist licensure examinations in August (Special) and in September plus other factors including accreditation status of the program and faculty-student ratio to find out which schools offering respiratory therapy programs have the most valuable degree programs to produce batch of examinees with high respiratory therapist licensure examination passing rates.
The ranking uses the same performance indicators as the Local Pulse School Rankings, however the weightings for number of examinees were adjusted to reflect programs with less examinees. Details on the methodology are discussed here. Other possible factors which are possibly secondary variables in determining the best Philippine schools to study respiratory therapy are included in the disclaimer page. Factors such as international linkages, community involvement, employer reputation, research outputs, and research citations per faculty are not part of this study. These variables are assumed to be assessed by accrediting agencies such as PACUCOA, PAASCU, AACCUP, and CHEd.
- 7 Ranked Best Veterinary Medicine Schools in the Philippines for 2018
- 7 Best Occupational Therapy Schools in the Philippines for 2018
- 37 Ranked Best Electrical Engineering Schools in the Philippines for 2018
- 39 Best Mechanical Engineering Schools in the Philippines for 2018
- 23 Ranked Best Physical Therapy Schools in the Philippines for 2018
- 18 Best Nutrition and Dietetics Schools in the Philippines for 2018
- 17 Best Radiologic Technology Schools in the Philippines for 2018
- 41 Ranked Best Pharmacy Schools in the Philippines 2018
- 22 Best Architecture Schools in the Philippines for 2018
- 2018 University Rankings based on Centers of Development/Excellence
To rank the schools, we took the weighted passing rate average of the two respiratory therapist licensure examinations in 2018, the number of examinees, and top performing examinees as the overall board exam performance, and faculty-student ratio and accreditation status of the respiratory therapy as other criteria. Note that the weighted passing rate average we used for 2018 respiratory therapist licensure examination were adjusted to 70% and above (unlike the PRC’s 80%), and minimum of 20 examinees (unlike the PRC’s 50 minimum examinees).
Read on to see which schools made the list.
|8 Best Philippine Schools with Respiratory Therapy Programs for 2018|
|RANK||SCHOOL||OVERALL SCORE||OVERALL BOARD EXAM PERFORMANCE (70%)||OTHER CRITERIA (30%)|
|PASSED||FAILED||TOTAL||Weighted % PASSED (40%)||No. of Examinees (20%)||With Top Examinees (10%)||Accreditation Level||Accreditation Level Score (20%)||Faculty-Student Ratio (FSR)||No. of Students per Faculty||FSR Score (10%)|
|1||SAN PEDRO COLLEGE-DAVAO CITY||76.02||83||1||84||98.81%||60||100||Not Accredited||30||1:13||13||85|
|2||CAGAYAN STATE UNIVERSITY- ANDREWS CAMPUS||71.50||78||0||78||100.00%||50||80||Not Accredited||30||1:24||24||75|
|3||UNIVERSIDAD DE ZAMBOANGA||71.16||129||45||174||74.14%||100||90||Not Accredited||30||1:30||30||65|
|4||PINES CITY COLLEGES||65.83||28||2||30||93.33%||30||60||Candidate||40||1:19||19||85|
|5||UNIVERSITY OF PERPETUAL HELP SYSTEM DALTA-LAS PINAS||65.50||21||3||24||87.50%||30||90||Candidate||40||1:22||22||75|
|6||FEU-NICANOR REYES MEDICAL FOUNDATION||63.02||26||1||27||96.30%||30||40||Not Accredited||30||1:10||10||85|
|7||MARY CHILES COLLEGE||61.75||27||5||32||84.37%||30||60||Not Accredited||30||1:07||7||100|
|8||LORMA COLLEGES||59.36||46||10||56||82.14%||40||40||Not Accredited||30||1:19||19||85|
- Private Higher Education Institutions Faculty-Student Ratio. (2018, June 8). Retrieved from https://ched.gov.ph/wp-content/uploads/2018/07/Private-Higher-Education-Institutions-Faculty-Student-Ratio.pdf
- State Universities and Colleges (SUCs) Faculty Student Ratio. (2018, June 8). Retrieved from https://ched.gov.ph/wp-content/uploads/2018/07/State-Universities-and-Colleges-SUCs-Faculty-Student-Ratio.pdf
- List of Centers of Excellence and Development. (2018, May 8). Retrieved from https://ched.gov.ph/wp-content/uploads/2018/07/List-of-Centers-of-Excellence-and-Development.pdf
- September 2018 Respiratory Therapist Licensure Examination Results Released in Two (2) Working Days. (2018, September 10). Retrieved from https://prc.gov.ph/article/september-2018-respiratory-therapist-licensure-examination-results-released-two-2-working
- August 2018 Special Professional Licensure Exam. For Respiratory Therapists Results Released. (2018, September 10)
- Institutions with Accredited Programs (as of May 2018). Retrieved from https://drive.google.com/file/d/12DBK6obVT1EgoeAXU3sI4pfKB_02emfJ/view
- Philippine Accrediting Association of Schools, Colleges and Universities. Retrieved from http://paascu.org.ph/?page_id=119
- Accreditation Status of Institutional Members (All Years, 1992-2017). (2018). Retrieved from http://www.aaccupqa.org.ph/index.php/about-aaccup/2-uncategorised/73-accreditation-status-of-institutional-members-all-years-1992-2017