The ranking of the best veterinary medicine schools in the Philippines for 2018 has been released, which currently features only 5 out of the 23 colleges and universities offering veterinary medicine programs.
University of the Philippines-Los Baños is ranked first in the country for veterinary medicine with 90.92% overall score after taking into account its board exam performance last August, accreditation status, and faculty-student ratio. The school is presently a Center of Excellence (COE) for veterinary medicine, granted by the Commission on Higher Education (CHED).
Central Luzon State University made the 2nd rank on the list for 2018, ahead of the Visayas State University-Baybay at 3rd rank, Don Mariano Marcos Memorial State University-Bacnotan at 4th rank, and Cavite State University at 5th rank.
The list is based on the results of this year’s annual veterinarian licensure examination in August plus other factors including accreditation status of the program and faculty-student ratio to find out which schools offering veterinary medicine programs have the most valuable degree programs to produce batch of examinees with high veterinarian licensure examination passing rates.
The ranking uses the same performance indicators as the Local Pulse School Rankings, however the weightings for number of examinees were adjusted to reflect programs with less examinees. Details on the methodology are discussed here. Other possible factors which are possibly secondary variables in determining the best Philippine schools to study veterinary medicine are included in the disclaimer page. Factors such as international linkages, community involvement, employer reputation, research outputs, and research citations per faculty are not part of this study. These variables are assumed to be assessed by accrediting agencies such as PACUCOA, PAASCU, AACCUP, and CHEd.
- 7 Best Occupational Therapy Schools in the Philippines for 2018
- 37 Ranked Best Electrical Engineering Schools in the Philippines for 2018
- 39 Best Mechanical Engineering Schools in the Philippines for 2018
- 23 Ranked Best Physical Therapy Schools in the Philippines for 2018
- 18 Best Nutrition and Dietetics Schools in the Philippines for 2018
- 17 Best Radiologic Technology Schools in the Philippines for 2018
- 41 Ranked Best Pharmacy Schools in the Philippines 2018
- 22 Best Architecture Schools in the Philippines for 2018
- 2018 University Rankings based on Centers of Development/Excellence
To rank the schools, we took the weighted passing rate of the veterinarian licensure examination this year, the number of examinees, and top performing examinees as the overall board exam performance, and faculty-student ratio and accreditation status of the veterinary medicine program as other criteria. Note that the weighted passing rates we used for 2018 veterinarian licensure examination were adjusted to 60% and above (unlike the PRC’s 80%), and minimum of 20 examinees (unlike the PRC’s 50 minimum examinees).
Read on to see which schools made the list.
|5 Best Philippine Schools with Veterinary Medicine Programs for 2018|
|RANK||SCHOOL||OVERALL SCORE||OVERALL BOARD EXAM PERFORMANCE (70%)||OTHER CRITERIA (30%)|
|PASSED||FAILED||TOTAL||Weighted % PASSED (40%)||No. of Examinees (20%)||With Top Examinees (10%)||Accreditation Level||Accreditation Level Score (20%)||Faculty-Student Ratio (FSR)||No. of Students per Faculty||FSR Score (10%)|
|1||UNIVERSITY OF THE PHILIPPINES-LOS BAÑOS||90.92||58||4||62||93.55%||90||70||COE||100||1:15||15||85|
|2||CENTRAL LUZON STATE UNIVERSITY||85.90||61||22||83||73.49%||100||80||COE||100||1:18||18||85|
|3||VISAYAS STATE UNIVERSITY-BAYBAY||71.07||50||20||70||71.43%||90||40||Level II||60||1:17||17||85|
|4||DON MARIANO MARCOS MEMORIAL STATE UNIVERSITY-BACNOTAN||58.26||13||7||21||61.90%||30||80||Level II||60||1:27||27||75|
|5||CAVITE STATE UNIVERSITY||56.77||15||7||22||68.18%||30||40||Level II||60||1:27||27||75|
- Private Higher Education Institutions Faculty-Student Ratio. (2018, June 8). Retrieved from https://ched.gov.ph/wp-content/uploads/2018/07/Private-Higher-Education-Institutions-Faculty-Student-Ratio.pdf
- State Universities and Colleges (SUCs) Faculty Student Ratio. (2018, June 8). Retrieved from https://ched.gov.ph/wp-content/uploads/2018/07/State-Universities-and-Colleges-SUCs-Faculty-Student-Ratio.pdf
- List of Centers of Excellence and Development. (2018, May 8). Retrieved from https://ched.gov.ph/wp-content/uploads/2018/07/List-of-Centers-of-Excellence-and-Development.pdf
- August 2018 Veterinarian Licensure Examination results released in one (1) day. (2018, August 20). Retrieved from https://www.prc.gov.ph/article/august-2018-veterinarian-licensure-examination-results-released-one-1-day/3514
- Institutions with Accredited Programs (as of May 2018). Retrieved from https://drive.google.com/file/d/12DBK6obVT1EgoeAXU3sI4pfKB_02emfJ/view
- Philippine Accrediting Association of Schools, Colleges and Universities. Retrieved from http://paascu.org.ph/?page_id=119
- Accreditation Status of Institutional Members (All Years, 1992-2017). (2018). Retrieved from http://www.aaccupqa.org.ph/index.php/about-aaccup/2-uncategorised/73-accreditation-status-of-institutional-members-all-years-1992-2017