The ranking of the best occupational therapy schools in the Philippines for 2018 has been released, which currently features only 7 out of the 21 colleges and universities offering undergraduate programs in occupational therapy.
University of Santo Tomas is ranked first in the country for occupational therapy with 92.05% overall score based on overall board exam performance (70%), accreditation (20%), and faculty-student ratio (10%). The school is accredited Level IV by Philippine Association of Colleges and Universities Commission on Accreditation (PACUCOA).
University of the Philippines-Manila made the 2nd rank on the list for 2018, ahead of the Cebu Doctors’ University at 3rd rank and Velez College at 4th rank. Rounding out the remaining three places for the top 7 performing schools are the Angeles University Foundation at 5th rank, De La Salle-Health Sciences Institute at 6th, followed by Davao Doctors College, Inc. at 7th.
The list is based on the results of this year’s biannual occupational therapist licensure examinations (February, August) plus other factors including accreditation status of the program and faculty-student ratio to find out which schools offering undergraduate programs in occupational therapy have the most valuable degree programs to produce batch of examinees with high occupational therapist licensure examination passing rates.
The ranking uses the same performance indicators as the Local Pulse School Rankings, however the weightings for number of examinees were adjusted to reflect programs with less examinees. Details on the methodology are discussed here. Other possible factors which are possibly secondary variables in determining the best Philippine schools to study occupational therapy are included in the disclaimer page. Factors such as international linkages, community involvement, employer reputation, research outputs, and research citations per faculty are not part of this study. These variables are assumed to be assessed by accrediting agencies such as PACUCOA, PAASCU, AACCUP, and CHEd.
- 37 Ranked Best Electrical Engineering Schools in the Philippines for 2018
- 39 Best Mechanical Engineering Schools in the Philippines for 2018
- 23 Ranked Best Physical Therapy Schools in the Philippines for 2018
- 18 Best Nutrition and Dietetics Schools in the Philippines for 2018
- 17 Best Radiologic Technology Schools in the Philippines for 2018
- 41 Ranked Best Pharmacy Schools in the Philippines 2018
- 22 Best Architecture Schools in the Philippines for 2018
- 2018 University Rankings based on Centers of Development/Excellence
To rank the schools, we took the weighted passing rate average of the two occupational therapist licensure examinations in 2018, the number of examinees, and top performing examinees as the overall board exam performance, and faculty-student ratio and accreditation status of the occupational therapy undergraduate program as other criteria. Note that the weighted passing rate average we used for 2018 occupational therapist licensure examinations were adjusted to 60% and above (unlike the PRC’s 80%), and minimum of 20 examinees (unlike the PRC’s 50 minimum examinees).
Read on to see which schools made the list.
|7 Best Philippine Schools with Occupational Therapy Programs for 2018|
|RANK||SCHOOL||OVERALL SCORE||OVERALL BOARD EXAM PERFORMANCE (70%)||OTHER CRITERIA (30%)|
|PASSED||FAILED||TOTAL||Weighted % PASSED (40%)||No. of Examinees (20%)||With Top Examinees (10%)||Accreditation Level||Accreditation Level Score (20%)||Faculty-Student Ratio (FSR)||No. of Students per Faculty||FSR Score (10%)|
|1||UNIVERSITY OF SANTO TOMAS||92.05||80||3||83||96.38%||100||90||Level IV||80||1:14||14||85|
|2||UNIVERSITY OF THE PHILIPPINES-MANILA||75.02||26||1||27||96.29%||40||100||Level I||50||1:15||15||85|
|3||CEBU DOCTORS UNIVERSITY||71.74||37||5||42||88.10%||60||80||Candidate||40||1:14||14||85|
|5||ANGELES UNIVERSITY FOUNDATION||58.19||9||4||13||69.23%||30||100||Not Accredited||30||1:11||11||85|
|6||DE LA SALLE-HEALTH SCIENCES INSTITUTE||57.03||25||12||37||67.57%||50||40||Not Accredited||30||1:07||7||100|
|7||DAVAO DOCTORS COLLEGE, INC.||56.86||29||15||44||65.91%||60||40||Not Accredited||30||1:12||12||85|
- Private Higher Education Institutions Faculty-Student Ratio. (2018, June 8). Retrieved from https://ched.gov.ph/wp-content/uploads/2018/07/Private-Higher-Education-Institutions-Faculty-Student-Ratio.pdf
- State Universities and Colleges (SUCs) Faculty Student Ratio. (2018, June 8). Retrieved from https://ched.gov.ph/wp-content/uploads/2018/07/State-Universities-and-Colleges-SUCs-Faculty-Student-Ratio.pdf
- List of Centers of Excellence and Development. (2018, May 8). Retrieved from https://ched.gov.ph/wp-content/uploads/2018/07/List-of-Centers-of-Excellence-and-Development.pdf
- August 2018 Physical and Occupational Therapist Licensure Examinations Results Released in Three (3) Working Days. (2018, August 15). Retrieved from https://www.prc.gov.ph/article/august-2018-physical-and-occupational-therapist-licensure-examinations-results-released
- February 2018 Physical and Occupational Therapist Licensure Examinations Results Released in Two (2) Working Days. (2018, February 7). Retrieved from https://www.prc.gov.ph/article/february-2018-physical-and-occupational-therapist-licensure-examinations-results-released
- Institutions with Accredited Programs (as of May 2018). Retrieved from https://drive.google.com/file/d/12DBK6obVT1EgoeAXU3sI4pfKB_02emfJ/view
- Philippine Accrediting Association of Schools, Colleges and Universities. Retrieved from http://paascu.org.ph/?page_id=119
- Accreditation Status of Institutional Members (All Years, 1992-2017). (2018). Retrieved from http://www.aaccupqa.org.ph/index.php/about-aaccup/2-uncategorised/73-accreditation-status-of-institutional-members-all-years-1992-2017