The ranking of the Best Customs Administration Schools in the Philippines for 2019 has been released, which currently featured only 5 out of the 82 colleges and universities offering customs administration programs.
The Lyceum of the Philippines University-Manila took the lead for customs administration with a 79.83% overall score after considering their performance in the annual customs broker licensure examination this year, accreditation status, and faculty-student ratio. LPU-Manila is presently the Center of Excellence (COE) in customs administration as accredited by the Commission on Higher Education (CHED).
The International School of Asia and the Pacific in Peñablanca, Cagayan made the 2nd rank on the list for 2019, ahead of Gordon College in Olongapo City at 3rd rank, Mabalacat City College-Dolores in Pampanga at 4th rank, and Lyceum of the Philippines University-Laguna at 5th rank.
The list is based on the results of this year’s customs broker licensure examination in November plus other factors including accreditation status of the program and faculty-student ratio to find out which schools offering customs administration programs have the most valuable degree programs to produce a batch of examinees with high customs broker licensure examination passing rates.
The ranking uses the same performance indicators as the Local Pulse School Rankings, however, the weightings for a number of examinees were adjusted to reflect programs with fewer examinees. Details on the methodology are discussed here. Other possible factors that are possibly secondary variables in determining the best Philippine schools to study customs administration are included in the disclaimer page. Factors such as international linkages, community involvement, employer reputation, research outputs, and research citations per faculty are not part of this study. These variables are assumed to be assessed by accrediting agencies such as PACUCOA, PAASCU, AACCUP, and CHED.
- 6 rank Best Veterinary Medicine Schools in the Philippines for 2019
- 4 rank Best Aeronautical Engineering Schools in the Philippines for 2019
- 4 rank Best Agricultural & Biosystems Engineering Schools in the Philippines for 2019
- 10 rank Best Geodetic Engineering Schools in the Philippines for 2019
- 6 rank Best Fisheries Technology Schools in the Philippines for 2019
- 44 rank Best Secondary Education Schools in the Philippines for 2019
- 40 rank Best Elementary Education Schools in the Philippines for 2019
- 10 Best Agriculture Schools in the Philippines for 2019
- 7 Rank Best Dentistry Schools in the Philippines for 2019
- 17 Rank Best Chemical Engineering Schools in the Philippines for 2019
- 55 rank Best Nursing Schools in the Philippines for 2019
- 20 rank Best Civil Engineering Schools in the Philippines for 2019
- 23 rank Best Midwifery Schools in the Philippines for 2019
- 8 rank Best Respiratory Therapy Schools in the Philippines for 2019
- 11 rank Best Philippine Schools to Become a Psychologist for 2019
- 6 rank 2019 Best Optometry Schools in the Philippines
- 24 Rank Best Electronics Engineering Schools in the Philippines for 2019
- 5 Ranked Best Accountancy Schools in the Philippines for 2019
- 31 Ranked Best Medical Technology Schools in the Philippines for 2019
- 49 Ranked Best Electrical Engineering Schools in the Philippines for 2019
- 40 Best Mechanical Engineering Schools in the Philippines for 2019
- 10 Ranked Best Physical Therapy Schools in the Philippines for 2019
- 12 Best Radiologic Technology Schools in the Philippines for 2019
- 15 Best Architecture Schools in the Philippines for 2019
- 2019 University Rankings based on Centers of Development/Excellence
To rank the schools, we took the weighted passing rate of this year’s customs broker licensure examination, number of examinees, and top performing examinees as the overall board exam performance, and faculty-student ratio and accreditation status of customs administration as other criteria. Note that the weighted passing rates we used for the November 2019 customs broker licensure examination were adjusted to 60% and above (unlike the PRC’s 80%), and a minimum of 10 examinees (unlike the PRC’s 50 minimum examinees).
Read on to see which schools made the list.
|4 Best Philippine Schools to Study Customs Administration for 2019|
|OVERALL BOARD EXAM PERFORMANCE (70%)||OTHER CRITERIA (30%)|
|RANK||OVERALL SCORE (%)||PASSED||FAILED||TOTAL||Weighted Ave. (PASSED) (40%)||No. of Examinees (20%)||With Top Examinees (10%)||Accreditation Level||Accr. Level Score (20%)||Faculty-Student Ratio (FSR)||No. of Students per Faculty||FSR Score (10%)|
|1||LYCEUM OF THE PHILIPPINES UNIVERSITY-MANILA||79.83||59||38||97||60.82%||90||100||COE||100||1:27||27||75|
|2||INTERNATIONAL SCHOOL OF ASIA & THE PACIFIC||69.72||58||14||72||80.56%||80||70||Not Accredited||30||1:18||18||85|
|3||GORDON COLLEGE||64.65||83||49||132||62.88%||100||60||Not Accredited||30||1:20||20||75|
|4||MABALACAT CITY COLLEGE-DOLORES||56.25||23||9||32||71.88%||50||40||Not Accredited||30||1:20||20||75|
|5||LYCEUM OF THE PHILIPPINES UNIVERSITY-LAGUNA||52.17||10||5||15||66.67%||40||40||Not Accredited||30||1:25||25||75|
- 2019 List of Centers of Excellence and Development. (2019, May 8). Retrieved from https://ched.gov.ph/wp-content/uploads/2019-List-of-COE-and-CODs.pdf
- Private Higher Education Institutions Faculty-Student Ratio. (2019, June 8). Retrieved from https://ched.gov.ph/wp-content/uploads/2019-Private-HEIs-Faculty-Student-Ratio.pdf
- State Universities and Colleges (SUCs) Faculty Student Ratio. (2019, June 8). Retrieved from https://ched.gov.ph/wp-content/uploads/2019-SUCs-Faculty-Student-Ratio.pdf
- November 2019 Customs Broker Licensure Examination Results Released in Two (2) Working Days. (2019, November 25. Retrieved from https://www.prc.gov.ph/article/november-2019-customs-broker-licensure-examination-results-released-two-2-working-days/4231
- Accreditation Status of Institutional Members (All Years, 1992-2017). Retrieved from http://www.aaccupqa.org.ph/index.php/about-aaccup/institutional-members/4-institutional-members
- Institutions/Programs that were Granted Various Accredited Status by Region, (2019, July 4). Retrieved from https://drive.google.com/file/d/1uQi3ioO1duYpDC8CAfpZ821QDtTem4dS/view
- Philippine Accrediting Association of Schools, Colleges and Universities. Retrieved from http://paascu.org.ph/?page_id=119