A total of 5 out of 518 colleges and universities offering undergraduate programs in accountancy are ranked Best Accountancy Schools in the Philippines for 2019 based on their overall board exam performance in certified public accountant licensure examination this year and other factors.
In ranking these colleges and universities, we considered first their this year’s weighted passing rate in certified public accountant licensure examination (May and October) and their total examinees. If the school has at least a 60% weighted passing rate in the CPA board exam and with 20 or more examinees, then it proceeds to score all necessary factors, namely, weighted passing rate (40%), number of examinees (20%), top-performing examinees (10%), accreditation status (20%), and faculty-student ratio (10%).
From 518 colleges and universities in the list, only five (5) qualified in the ranking.
The De La Salle University in Manila bested other schools offering undergraduate programs in accountancy in the country after registering an overall score of 89.09 percent. DLSU is presently the sole university in the Philippines accredited as Center of Excellence (COE) in accountancy.
The University of the Philippines-Diliman placed second with an overall score of 76.50% while the University of the Philippines-Iloilo City ranked third with 62.50% overall score.
Kingfisher School of Business and Finance in Lucao, Pangasinan made the 4th rank on the list for 2019 with an overall score of 53.30%, ahead of Mary the Queen College, Inc. at 5th rank with an overall score of 52.19%.
- Top Performing Accountancy Schools in the Philippines for 2018
- Top Performing Accountancy Schools in the Philippines for 2014-2018
- 23 Ranked Best Accountancy Schools in the Philippines for 2018
- 20 Best Accountancy Schools in the Philippines for 2017
Here is the list of best accounting schools with their performance metrics.
|Best Philippine Schools with Undergraduate Programs in Accountancy for 2019|
|OVERALL BOARD EXAM PERFORMANCE (70%)||OTHER CRITERIA (30%)|
|RANK||OVERALL SCORE (%)||PASSED||FAILED||COND||TOTAL||Weighted % PASSED (40%)||No. of Examinees (20%)||With Top Examinees (10%)||Accreditation Level||Accreditation Level Score (20%)||Faculty-Student Ratio (FSR)||No. of Students per Faculty||FSR Score (10%)|
|1||DE LA SALLE UNIVERSITY-MANILA||89.09||104||28||4||136||76.47%||100||100||COE||100||1:14||14||85|
|2||UNIVERSITY OF THE PHILIPPINES-DILIMAN||76.50||68||7||5||80||85.00%||70||80||Independent||60||1:15||15||85|
|3||UNIVERSITY OF THE PHILIPPINES-ILOILO CITY||62.50||39||21||5||65||60.00%||60||60||Independent||60||1:15||15||85|
|4||KINGFISHER SCHOOL OF BUSINESS AND FINANCE||53.30||31||12||7||50||62.00%||50||40||Not Accredited||30||1:17||17||85|
|5||MARY THE QUEEN COLLEGE, INC||52.19||18||7||1||26||69.23%||30||40||Not Accredited||30||1:14||14||85|
This year’s national weighted passing rate in certified public accountant licensure examination was seen to be very low at 15.21% with 3,774 out of 24,810 examinees passing the board exam.
Last year’s ranking of the best accountancy schools registered a total of 23 colleges and universities offering undergraduate programs in accountancy.
- Private Higher Education Institutions Faculty-Student Ratio. (2019, June 8). Retrieved from https://ched.gov.ph/wp-content/uploads/2019-Private-HEIs-Faculty-Student-Ratio.pdf
- State Universities and Colleges (SUCs) Faculty Student Ratio. (2019, June 8). Retrieved from https://ched.gov.ph/wp-content/uploads/2019-SUCs-Faculty-Student-Ratio.pdf
- October 2019 Certified Public Accountant Licensure examination results released in six (6) working days. (2019, October 21). Retrieved from https://www.prc.gov.ph/article/october-2019-certified-public-accountant-licensure-examination-results-released-six-6
- May 2019 Certified Public Accountant Licensure Examination results released in five (5) working days. (2019, May 27). Retrieved from https://www.prc.gov.ph/article/may-2019-certified-public-accountant-licensure-examination-results-released-five-5-working
- Accreditation Status of Institutional Members (All Years, 1992-2017). Retrieved from http://www.aaccupqa.org.ph/index.php/about-aaccup/institutional-members/4-institutional-members
- Institutions/Programs that were Granted Various Accredited Status by Region, (2019, July 4). Retrieved from https://drive.google.com/file/d/1uQi3ioO1duYpDC8CAfpZ821QDtTem4dS/view
- Philippine Accrediting Association of Schools, Colleges and Universities. Retrieved from http://paascu.org.ph/?page_id=119