The ranking of the Best Aeronautical Engineering Schools in the Philippines for 2019 has been released, which currently featured only 4 out of the 10 colleges and universities offering undergraduate programs in aeronautical engineering.
The Philippine State College of Aeronautics in Pasay City led for aeronautical engineering with 82.15% overall score after considering their performance in the annual aeronautical engineer licensure examination this year, accreditation status, and faculty-student ratio.
Holy Angel University made the 2nd rank on the list for 2019, ahead of the Feati University at 3rd rank, and WCC Aeronautical and Technological College, Inc.-Binalonan at 4th rank.
The list is based on the results of this year’s aeronautical engineer licensure examination in November plus other factors including accreditation status of the program and faculty-student ratio to find out which schools offering aeronautical engineering programs have the most valuable degree programs to produce a batch of examinees with high aeronautical engineer licensure examination passing rates.
The ranking uses the same performance indicators as the Local Pulse School Rankings, however, the weightings for a number of examinees were adjusted to reflect programs with fewer examinees. Details on the methodology are discussed here. Other possible factors that are possibly secondary variables in determining the best Philippine schools to study aeronautical engineering are included in the disclaimer page. Factors such as international linkages, community involvement, employer reputation, research outputs, and research citations per faculty are not part of this study. These variables are assumed to be assessed by accrediting agencies such as PACUCOA, PAASCU, AACCUP, and CHED.
- 4 rank Best Agricultural & Biosystems Engineering Schools in the Philippines for 2019
- 10 rank Best Geodetic Engineering Schools in the Philippines for 2019
- 6 rank Best Fisheries Technology Schools in the Philippines for 2019
- 44 rank Best Secondary Education Schools in the Philippines for 2019
- 40 rank Best Elementary Education Schools in the Philippines for 2019
- 10 Best Agriculture Schools in the Philippines for 2019
- 7 Rank Best Dentistry Schools in the Philippines for 2019
- 17 Rank Best Chemical Engineering Schools in the Philippines for 2019
- 55 rank Best Nursing Schools in the Philippines for 2019
- 20 rank Best Civil Engineering Schools in the Philippines for 2019
- 23 rank Best Midwifery Schools in the Philippines for 2019
- 8 rank Best Respiratory Therapy Schools in the Philippines for 2019
- 11 rank Best Philippine Schools to Become a Psychologist for 2019
- 6 rank 2019 Best Optometry Schools in the Philippines
- 24 Rank Best Electronics Engineering Schools in the Philippines for 2019
- 5 Ranked Best Accountancy Schools in the Philippines for 2019
- 31 Ranked Best Medical Technology Schools in the Philippines for 2019
- 49 Ranked Best Electrical Engineering Schools in the Philippines for 2019
- 40 Best Mechanical Engineering Schools in the Philippines for 2019
- 10 Ranked Best Physical Therapy Schools in the Philippines for 2019
- 12 Best Radiologic Technology Schools in the Philippines for 2019
- 15 Best Architecture Schools in the Philippines for 2019
- 2019 University Rankings based on Centers of Development/Excellence
To rank the schools, we took the weighted passing rate of this year’s aeronautical engineer licensure examination, number of examinees, and top performing examinees as the overall board exam performance, and faculty-student ratio and accreditation status of aeronautical engineering as other criteria. Note that the weighted passing rates we used for the November 2019 aeronautical engineer licensure examination were adjusted to 60% and above (unlike the PRC’s 80%), and a minimum of 10 examinees (unlike the PRC’s 50 minimum examinees).
Read on to see which schools made the list.
|4 Best Philippine Schools to Study Aeronautical Engineering for 2019|
|OVERALL BOARD EXAM PERFORMANCE (70%)||OTHER CRITERIA (30%)|
|RANK||OVERALL SCORE (%)||PASSED||FAILED||TOTAL||Weighted Ave. (PASSED) (40%)||No. of Examinees (20%)||With Top Examinees (10%)||Accreditation Level||Accr. Level Score (20%)||Faculty-Student Ratio (FSR)||No. of Students per Faculty||FSR Score (10%)|
|1||PHILIPPINE STATE COLLEGE OF AERONAUTICS-PASAY||82.15||106||20||126||84.13%||100||100||Level II||60||1:32||32||65|
|2||HOLY ANGEL UNIVERSITY||68.76||74||48||122||60.66%||100||80||Candidate||40||1:17||17||85|
|3||FEATI UNIVERSITY||62.00||13||7||20||65.00%||50||40||Level II||60||1:7||7||100|
|4||WCC AERONAUTICAL AND TECHNOLOGICAL COLLEGE, INC.-BINALONAN||59.23||9||2||11||81.82%||40||40||Not Accredited||30||1:14||14||85|
- 2019 List of Centers of Excellence and Development. (2019, May 8). Retrieved from https://ched.gov.ph/wp-content/uploads/2019-List-of-COE-and-CODs.pdf
- Private Higher Education Institutions Faculty-Student Ratio. (2019, June 8). Retrieved from https://ched.gov.ph/wp-content/uploads/2019-Private-HEIs-Faculty-Student-Ratio.pdf
- State Universities and Colleges (SUCs) Faculty Student Ratio. (2019, June 8). Retrieved from https://ched.gov.ph/wp-content/uploads/2019-SUCs-Faculty-Student-Ratio.pdf
- November 2019 Aeronautical Engineer Licensure Examination results released in two (2) working days. (2019, November 18). Retrieved from https://www.prc.gov.ph/article/november-2019-aeronautical-engineer-licensure-examination-results-released-two-2-working
- Accreditation Status of Institutional Members (All Years, 1992-2017). Retrieved from http://www.aaccupqa.org.ph/index.php/about-aaccup/institutional-members/4-institutional-members
- Institutions/Programs that were Granted Various Accredited Status by Region, (2019, July 4). Retrieved from https://drive.google.com/file/d/1uQi3ioO1duYpDC8CAfpZ821QDtTem4dS/view
- Philippine Accrediting Association of Schools, Colleges and Universities. Retrieved from http://paascu.org.ph/?page_id=119