The ranking of the best electrical engineering schools in the Philippines for 2018 has been released, which currently features only 37 out of the 218 colleges and universities offering undergraduate programs in electrical engineering.
Saint Louis University in Baguio City is ranked first in the country for electrical engineering with 83.24% overall score based on overall board exam performance, accreditation, and faculty-student ratio. The school is Center of Development (COD) for electrical engineering as accredited by the Commission on Higher Education (CHEd).
Mindanao State University-Iligan Institute of Technology in Northern Mindanao made the 2nd rank on the list for 2018, ahead of the Batangas State University-Alangilan in Batangas City at 3rd rank and University of the Philippines-Los Baños at 4th rank. University of Santo Tomas placed 5th while Xavier University in Cagayan de Oro City ranked 6th. Rounding out the remaining four places for the top 10 performing schools are the Bulacan State University in Malolos at 7th rank, University of the Philippines-Diliman at 8th, Technological University of the Philippines-Manila at 9th, followed by Polytechnic University of the Philippines-Main at 10th.
Saint Louis University, Mindanao State University-Iligan Institute of Technology, Batangs State University-Alangilan, University of the Philippines-Los Baños, University of Santo Tomas, and Xavier University are currently Centers of Development (CODs) for electrical engineering as accredited by CHEd. Meanwhile, University of the Philippines-Diliman is presently accredited by the Commission as Center of Excellence (COE) for electrical engineering.
The list is based on the results of this year’s biannual registered electrical engineer licensure examinations (April, September) plus other factors including accreditation status of the program and faculty-student ratio to find out which schools offering undergraduate programs in electrical engineering have the most valuable degree programs to produce batch of examinees with high registered electrical engineer licensure examination passing rates.
The ranking uses the same performance indicators as the Local Pulse School Rankings, however the weightings for number of examinees were adjusted to reflect programs with less examinees. Details on the methodology are discussed here. Other possible factors which are possibly secondary variables in determining the best Philippine schools to study electrical engineering are included in the disclaimer page. Factors such as international linkages, community involvement, employer reputation, research outputs, and research citations per faculty are not part of this study. These variables are assumed to be assessed by accredited agencies such as PACUCOA, PAASCU, AACCUP, and CHEd.
- 39 Best Mechanical Engineering Schools in the Philippines for 2018
- 23 Ranked Best Physical Therapy Schools in the Philippines for 2018
- 18 Best Nutrition and Dietetics Schools in the Philippines for 2018
- 17 Best Radiologic Technology Schools in the Philippines for 2018
- 41 Ranked Best Pharmacy Schools in the Philippines 2018
- 22 Best Architecture Schools in the Philippines for 2018
- 2018 University Rankings based on Centers of Development/Excellence
To rank the schools, we took the weighted passing rate of the two registered electrical engineer licensure examinations in 2018, the number of examinees, and top performing examinees as the overall board exam performance, and faculty-student ratio and accreditation status of the chemistry undergraduate program as other criteria. Note that the weighted passing rates we used for 2018 registered electrical engineer licensure examinations were adjusted to 70% and above (unlike the PRC’s 80%), and minimum of 20 examinees (unlike the PRC’s 50 minimum examinees).
Read on to see which schools made the list.
|37 Best Philippine Schools with Electrical Engineering Programs for 2018|
|RANK||SCHOOL||OVERALL SCORE||OVERALL BOARD EXAM PERFORMANCE (70%)||OTHER CRITERIA (30%)|
|PASSED||FAILED||TOTAL||Weighted % PASSED||No. of Examinees (20%)||With Top Examinees (10%)||Accreditation Level||Accreditation Level Score (20%)||Faculty-Student Ratio (FSR)||No. of Students per Faculty||FSR Score (10%)|
|1||SAINT LOUIS UNIVERSITY||83.24||99||15||114||86.85%||70||90||COD||90||1:28||28||75|
|2||MINDANAO STATE UNIVERSITY-ILIGAN INSTITUTE OF TECHNOLOGY||82.50||49||0||49||100.00%||40||90||COD||90||1:21||21||75|
|3||BATANGAS STATE UNIVERSITY-ALANGILAN||81.95||143||28||171||83.63%||100||40||COD||90||1:33||33||65|
|4||UNIVERSITY OF THE PHILIPPINES-LOS BAÑOS||80.50||63||0||63||100.00%||50||100||Independent||60||1:15||15||85|
|5||UNIVERSITY OF SANTO TOMAS||79.99||77||1||78||98.72%||50||40||COD||90||1:14||14||85|
|7||BULACAN STATE UNIVERSITY-MALOLOS||78.95||169||53||222||76.13%||100||70||Level III||70||1:28||28||75|
|8||UNIVERSITY OF THE PHILIPPINES- DILIMAN||78.50||21||0||21||100.00%||30||40||COE||100||1:15||15||85|
|9||TECHNOLOGICAL UNIVERSITY OF THE PHILIPPINES-MANILA||76.18||125||28||153||81.70%||90||40||Level III||70||1:21||21||75|
|10||POLYTECHNIC UNIVERSITY OF THE PHILIPPINES-MAIN-STA. MESA||76.09||130||40||170||76.47%||100||40||Level III||70||1:27||27||75|
|12||UNIVERSITY OF SAINT LOUIS-TUGUEGARAO||73.50||52||0||52||100.00%||40||40||Level III||70||1:23||23||75|
|13||UNIVERSITY OF BATANGAS||72.12||89||2||91||97.81%||60||90||Level I||50||1:62||62||20|
|14||UNIVERSITY OF SAN CARLOS||71.99||36||7||43||83.72%||40||40||COD||90||1:16||16||85|
|15||BOHOL ISLAND STATE UNIVERSITY-TAGBILARAN||71.06||48||6||54||88.89%||40||80||Level II||60||1:27||27||75|
|16||SOUTHERN LUZON STATE UNIVERSITY-LUCBAN||69.65||86||21||107||80.37%||70||40||Level II||60||1:28||28||75|
|16||ILOILO SCIENCE & TECH. UNIVERSITY-MAIN CAMPUS||69.65||46||1||47||97.87%||40||40||Level II||60||1:36||36||65|
|18||UNIVERSITY OF MINDANAO-TAGUM||68.86||20||2||22||90.91%||30||40||COD||90||1:55||55||45|
|19||MINDANAO STATE UNIVERSITY-GEN. SANTOS CITY||68.85||38||5||43||88.37%||40||70||Level I||50||1:19||19||85|
|20||CAMARINES NORTE STATE COLLEGE-DAET||68.36||34||1||35||97.14%||30||40||Level II||60||1:25||25||75|
|21||CAGAYAN STATE UNIVERSITY- TUGUEGARAO||67.80||49||5||54||90.74%||40||40||Level II||60||1:24||24||75|
|22||MARIANO MARCOS STATE UNIVERSITY-BATAC||66.92||81||33||114||71.05%||70||40||Level II||60||1:15||15||85|
|23||CENTRAL MINDANAO UNIVERSITY||66.78||30||5||35||85.71%||30||40||Level III||70||1:18||18||85|
|24||MARINDUQUE STATE COLLEGE-BOAC||66.50||27||3||30||90.00%||30||40||Level II||60||1:17||17||85|
|25||HOLY ANGEL UNIVERSITY||66.42||44||5||49||89.80%||40||40||Level II||60||1:32||32||65|
|26||RIZAL TECHNOLOGICAL UNIVERSITY||66.08||75||20||95||78.95%||60||40||Level II||60||1:33||33||65|
|27||UNIVERSITY OF THE EAST-MANILA||65.07||31||2||33||93.94%||30||40||Level I||50||1:29||29||75|
|28||NOTRE DAME OF MARBEL UNIVERSITY||63.95||31||5||36||86.11%||30||40||Level II||60||1:24||24||75|
|29||UNIVERSITY OF RIZAL SYSTEM-MORONG||63.65||35||6||41||85.36%||40||40||Level I||50||1:26||26||75|
|30||UNIVERSITY OF SOUTHEASTERN PHILIPPINES-DAVAO CITY||63.26||61||21||82||74.39%||60||40||Level II||60||1:46||46||55|
|31||NUEVA VIZCAYA STATE UNIVERSITY-BAMBANG||63.05||26||5||31||83.87%||30||40||Level II||60||1:21||21||75|
|32||MISAMIS UNIVERSITY-OZAMIS CITY||62.79||18||3||21||85.72%||30||40||Level I||50||1:17||17||85|
|33||POLYTECHNIC UNIVERSITY OF THE PHILIPPINES-STO. TOMAS||61.93||51||5||56||91.07%||40||40||Not Accredited||30||1:27||27||75|
|34||ISABELA STATE UNIVERSITY-ILAGAN||58.69||27||10||37||72.97%||30||40||Level II||60||1:26||26||75|
|35||POLYTECHNIC UNIVERSITY OF THE PHILIPPINES-MARAGONDON||58.12||49||15||64||76.56%||50||40||Not Accredited||30||1:27||27||75|
|36||SOUTHERN LEYTE STATE UNIVERSITY-SOGOD||58.07||25||10||35||71.43%||30||40||Level II||60||1:21||21||75|
|37||UNIVERSITY OF SOUTHEASTERN PHILIPPINES-BISLIG CAMPUS||56.27||30||9||39||76.93%||30||40||Level I||50||1:46||46||55|
- Private Higher Education Institutions Faculty-Student Ratio. (2018, June 8). Retrieved from https://ched.gov.ph/wp-content/uploads/2018/07/Private-Higher-Education-Institutions-Faculty-Student-Ratio.pdf
- State Universities and Colleges (SUCs) Faculty Student Ratio. (2018, June 8). Retrieved from https://ched.gov.ph/wp-content/uploads/2018/07/State-Universities-and-Colleges-SUCs-Faculty-Student-Ratio.pdf
- List of Centers of Excellence and Development. (2018, May 8). Retrieved from https://ched.gov.ph/wp-content/uploads/2018/07/List-of-Centers-of-Excellence-and-Development.pdf
- September 2018 Electrical Engineer Licensure Examination results released in three (3) working days. (2018, September 6). Retrieved from https://www.prc.gov.ph/article/september-2018-electrical-engineer-licensure-examination-results-released-three-3-working
- Electrical Engineer Licensure Examination Results Released In Three (3) Working Days. (2018, April 24). Retrieved from https://prc.gov.ph/article/electrical-engineer-licensure-examination-results-released-three-3-working-days/1573
- Institutions with Accredited Programs (as of May 2018). Retrieved from https://drive.google.com/file/d/12DBK6obVT1EgoeAXU3sI4pfKB_02emfJ/view
- Philippine Accrediting Association of Schools, Colleges and Universities. Retrieved from http://paascu.org.ph/?page_id=119
- Accreditation Status of Institutional Members (All Years, 1992-2017). (2018). Retrieved from http://www.aaccupqa.org.ph/index.php/about-aaccup/2-uncategorised/73-accreditation-status-of-institutional-members-all-years-1992-2017