(Updated 2:25 a.m., 30 Sept. 2018) The ranking of the best medical technology schools in the Philippines for 2018 has been released, which currently features only 33 out of 148 colleges and universities offering undergraduate programs in medical technology or medical laboratory science.
Saint Louis University in Baguio City still ranked first in the country for medical technology with 93.28% overall score based on overall board exam performance (70%), accreditation (20%), and faculty-student ratio (10%). The school is accredited Center of Development (COD) in medical technology by the Commission on Higher Education (CHED).
University of Santo Tomas made the 2nd rank on the list for 2018, ahead of Far Eastern University-Manila at 3rd rank, San Pedro College-Davao City at 4th rank, and Lyceum of the Philippines University-Batangas, Inc. at 5th. University of Santo Tomas is presently CHED’s Center of Excellence (COE) in medical technology/medical laboratory science.
Rounding out the remaining five places for the first top 10 performing schools are the University of San Agustin at 6th rank, Our Lady of Fatima University-Valenzuela at 7th, Centro Escolar University-Manila at 8th, Silliman University in Dumaguete City at 9th, and University of Baguio at 10th.
The list is based on the results of this year’s biannual medical technologist licensure examinations plus other factors including accreditation status of the program and faculty-student ratio to find out which schools offering programs in medical technology have the most valuable degree programs to produce batch of examinees with high medical technologist licensure examination passing rates.
The ranking uses the same performance indicators as the Local Pulse School Rankings. Details on the methodology are discussed here or can be accessed using this page. Other possible factors which are possibly secondary variables in determining the best Philippine schools to study medical technology/medical laboratory science are included in the disclaimer page. Factors such as international linkages, community involvement, employer reputation, research outputs, and research citations per faculty are not part of this study. These variables are assumed to be assessed by accrediting agencies such as PACUCOA, PAASCU, AACCUP, and CHEd.
- 5 Ranked Best Optometry Schools in the Philippines for 2018
- 14 Best Agricultural & Biosystems Engineering Schools in the Philippines for 2018
- 10 Best Agriculture Schools in the Philippines for 2018
- 29 Ranked Best Philippines Schools to Become Registered Master Electrician for 2018
- 8 Placed Best Respiratory Therapy Schools in the Philippines for 2018
- 7 Ranked Best Veterinary Medicine Schools in the Philippines for 2018
- 7 Best Occupational Therapy Schools in the Philippines for 2018
- 37 Ranked Best Electrical Engineering Schools in the Philippines for 2018
- 39 Best Mechanical Engineering Schools in the Philippines for 2018
- 23 Ranked Best Physical Therapy Schools in the Philippines for 2018
- 18 Best Nutrition and Dietetics Schools in the Philippines for 2018
- 17 Best Radiologic Technology Schools in the Philippines for 2018
- 41 Ranked Best Pharmacy Schools in the Philippines 2018
- 22 Best Architecture Schools in the Philippines for 2018
- 2018 University Rankings based on Centers of Development/Excellence
To rank the schools, we took the weighted passing rate average of the biannual medical technologist licensure examinations in 2018, the number of examinees, and top performing examinees as the overall board exam performance, and faculty-student ratio and accreditation status of the medical technology/medical laboratory science programs as other criteria. Note that the weighted passing rates we used for 2018 medical technologist licensure examination were similar to PRC’s 80%, and minimum of 50 examinees, PRC’s 50 minimum examinees.
Read on to see which schools made the list.
|33 Best Philippine Schools with Bachelors in Medical Technology/Medical Laboratory Science Programs for 2018|
|RANK||SCHOOL||OVERALL SCORE||OVERALL BOARD EXAM PERFORMANCE (70%)||OTHER CRITERIA (30%)|
|PASSED||FAILED||TOTAL||Weighted % PASSED||No. of Examinees (20%)||With Top Examinees (10%)||Accreditation Level||Accreditation Level Score (20%)||Faculty-Student Ratio (FSR)||No. of Students per Faculty||FSR Score (10%|
|1||SAINT LOUIS UNIVERSITY||93.28||361||2||363||99.45%||100||80||COD||90||1:28||28||75|
|2||UNIVERSITY OF SANTO TOMAS||92.59||239||12||251||95.22%||80||100||COE||100||1:14||14||85|
|3||FAR EASTERN UNIVERSITY- MANILA||84.85||396||17||413||95.88%||100||90||Level I||50||1:26||26||75|
|4||SAN PEDRO COLLEGE-DAVAO CITY||82.72||407||19||426||95.54%||100||40||Level II||60||1:13||13||85|
|5||LYCEUM OF THE PHILIPPINES UNIVERSITY-BATANGAS,INC||82.02||78||3||81||96.29%||40||80||COE||100||1:28||28||75|
|6||UNIVERSITY OF SAN AGUSTIN||81.27||174||1||175||99.43%||60||90||Level II||60||1:14||14||85|
|7||OUR LADY OF FATIMA UNIVERSITY-VALENZUELA||80.45||286||51||337||84.87%||100||40||Level III||70||1:19||19||85|
|8||CENTRO ESCOLAR UNIVERSITY-MANILA||78.60||215||30||245||87.75%||80||40||Level IV||80||1:20||20||75|
|10||UNIVERSITY OF BAGUIO||76.18||146||5||151||96.69%||60||40||Level III||70||1:25||25||75|
|11||VELEZ COLLEGE||75.50||185||0||185||100.00%||60||70||Level I||50||1:35||35||65|
|12||FEU-NICANOR REYES MEDICAL FOUNDATION||74.75||131||6||137||95.62%||50||40||Level III||70||1:10||10||85|
|13||ADVENTIST UNIVERSITY OF THE PHILIPPINES||74.50||85||0||85||100.00%||40||80||Level I||50||1:14||14||85|
|14||TRINITY UNIVERSITY OF ASIA||74.11||101||1||102||99.02%||40||40||Level III||70||1:19||19||85|
|15||CEBU DOCTORS UNIVERSITY||73.50||53||0||53||100.00%||30||70||Level II||60||1:14||14||85|
|16||ANGELES UNIVERSITY FOUNDATION||73.29||128||4||132||96.97%||50||40||Level II||60||1:11||11||85|
|17||CAGAYAN STATE UNIVERSITY-ANDREWS CAMPUS (TUG)||72.50||90||0||90||100.00%||40||70||Level I||50||1:24||24||75|
|18||UNIVERSITY OF NEGROS OCCIDENTAL-RECOLETOS||71.94||71||1||72||98.61%||40||40||Level II||60||1:16||16||85|
|20||UNIVERSITY OF THE IMMACULATE CONCEPTION-DAVAO||70.10||172||16||188||91.49%||60||40||Level I||50||1:21||21||75|
|21||COLEGIO SAN AGUSTIN-BACOLOD CITY||68.47||56||3||59||94.92%||30||40||Level II||60||1:14||14||85|
|22||DE LA SALLE-HEALTH SCIENCES INSTITUTE||67.47||75||1||76||98.68%||40||40||Not Accredited||30||1:07||7||100|
|23||NOTRE DAME OF MARBEL UNIVERSITY||66.34||67||2||69||97.10%||30||40||Level I||50||1:24||24||75|
|24||LICEO DE CAGAYAN UNIVERSITY||66.01||87||11||98||88.78%||40||40||Level I||50||1:16||16||85|
|25||HOLY NAME UNIVERSITY||65.80||83||6||89||93.26%||40||60||Not Accredited||30||1:17||17||85|
|26||CENTRO ESCOLAR UNIVERSITY- MAKATI||65.20||112||25||137||81.75%||50||40||Level I||50||1:19||19||85|
|27||OUR LADY OF FATIMA UNIVERSITY-ANTIPOLO CITY||64.99||119||19||138||86.23%||50||40||Level I||50||1:34||34||65|
|28||CAVITE STATE UNIVERSITY||64.42||48||4||52||92.31%||30||40||Level I||50||1:27||27||75|
|29||CENTRAL PHILIPPINE UNIVERSITY||62.95||129||30||159||81.13%||60||40||Not Accredited||30||1:13||13||85|
|30||SAINT PAUL UNIVERSITY-TUGUEGARAO||60.50||68||12||80||85.00%||40||40||Not Accredited||30||1:19||19||85|
|31||NOTRE DAME OF DADIANGAS UNIVERSITY, INC||59.70||44||6||50||88.00%||30||40||Not Accredited||30||1:18||18||85|
|32||UNIVERSITY OF PANGASINAN||58.93||68||11||79||86.08%||40||40||Not Accredited||30||1:38||38||65|
|33||GENERAL SANTOS DOCTORS' MEDICAL SCHOOL FOUNDATION||56.50||40||10||50||80.00%||30||40||Not Accredited||30||1:10||10||85|
- Private Higher Education Institutions Faculty-Student Ratio. (2018, June 8). Retrieved from https://ched.gov.ph/wp-content/uploads/2018/07/Private-Higher-Education-Institutions-Faculty-Student-Ratio.pdf
- State Universities and Colleges (SUCs) Faculty Student Ratio. (2018, June 8). Retrieved from https://ched.gov.ph/wp-content/uploads/2018/07/State-Universities-and-Colleges-SUCs-Faculty-Student-Ratio.pdf
- List of Centers of Excellence and Development. (2018, May 8). Retrieved from https://ched.gov.ph/wp-content/uploads/2018/07/List-of-Centers-of-Excellence-and-Development.pdf
- August 2018 Medical Technologist Licensure Examination Results Released in Three (3) Working Days. (2018, August 2). Retrieved from https://www.prc.gov.ph/article/august-2018-medical-technologist-licensure-examination-results-released-three-3-working-days
- March 2018 Medical Technologist Licensure Examination Results Released in Three (3) Working Days. (2018, March 20). Retrieved from https://prc.gov.ph/article/march-2018-medical-technologist-licensure-examination-results-released-three-3-working-days
- Institutions with Accredited Programs (as of May 2018). Retrieved from https://drive.google.com/file/d/1X0B7_Zsmbg2Gg7NV1tvIcM4jIGZd1C_C/view
- Philippine Accrediting Association of Schools, Colleges and Universities. Retrieved from http://paascu.org.ph/?page_id=119
- Accreditation Status of Institutional Members (All Years, 1992-2017). (2018). Retrieved from http://www.aaccupqa.org.ph/index.php/about-aaccup/2-uncategorised/73-accreditation-status-of-institutional-members-all-years-1992-2017