Where does your medical technology/medical laboratory science school or alma mater rank among others? Local Pulse School Rankings just released its rankings of the best medical technology schools in the Philippines for 2019.
Like the previous years, schools were ranked according to the two medical technologist licensure examinations conducted in a year (March, September for this year) plus other factors including level of accreditation and faculty-student ratio to find out which medical technology/medical laboratory science schools have the most valuable undergraduate programs to produce batches of examinees with high passing rates in medical technologist licensure examination. Details on the present methodology are discussed here.
Of the 137 colleges and universities offering undergraduate programs in medical technology/medical laboratory science, only 31 made the list.
Earning the top spot is the University of Sto. Tomas with an overall score of 95.68 percent. UST has the major lead given that the next school is Saint Louis University with an overall score of 91.26 percent. Silliman University in Dumaguete City holds the third rank at 83.39%.
Presently, the University of Santo Tomas is CHED’s Center of Excellence (COE) for Medical Technology/Medical Laboratory Science while Saint Lous University and Silliman University are Centers of Development (COD).
The fourth rank is the University of San Agustin-Iloilo City at 82.05% overall score.
The fifth rank, Far Eastern University-Manila, is at 81.88% while San Pedro College-Davao City holds the sixth rank with an overall score of 81.54%. The seventh in ranking is Centro Escolar University-Manila at 79.98%, followed by the Trinity University of Asia, holding the eighth rank at 79.18%. Far Eastern University-Nicanor Reyes Memorial Foundation holds the ninth rank at 78.96% while Lyceum of the Philippines-University-Batangas, Inc. at 10th rank with 77.28% overall score.
- 33 Ranked Best Medical Technology Schools in the Philippines for 2018
- Top Performing Medical Technology Schools in the Philippines for 2018
- 38 ranked Best Medical Technology Schools in PH for 2014-2018
- Top Performing Medical Technology Schools in the Philippines for 2014-2018
- 35 Best Philippine Schools for Medical Technology in 2017
To rank the schools, we took the weighted passing rates of the two medical technologist licensure examinations (MTLE) in 2019, the number of examinees, and top-performing examinees as the overall board exam performance (70%), and faculty-student ratio and accreditation status of the pharmacy undergraduate program as other criteria (30%).
For the school to qualify in the list of rankings, it should have 50 or more examinees in a year and with at least an 80% weighted passing rate.
Read on to see which schools made the list.
|31 Best Philippine Schools with Medical Technology Programs for 2019|
|OVERALL BOARD EXAM PERFORMANCE (70%)||OTHER CRITERIA (30%)|
|RANK||OVERALL SCORE (%)||PASSED||FAILED||TOTAL||Weighted Ave. (PASSED) (40%)||No. of Examinees (20%)||With Top Examinees (10%)||Accreditation Level||Accreditation Level Score (20%)||Faculty-Student Ratio (FSR)||No. of Students per Faculty||FSR Score (10%)|
|1||UNIVERSITY OF SANTO TOMAS||95.68||336||16||352||95.45%||100||90||COE||100||1:15||15||85|
|2||SAINT LOUIS UNIVERSITY||91.26||337||2||339||99.41%||100||60||COD||90||1:27||27||75|
|4||UNIVERSITY OF SAN AGUSTIN||82.05||230||15||245||93.88%||70||100||Level II||60||1:14||14||85|
|5||FAR EASTERN UNIVERSITY-MANILA||81.88||428||18||446||95.96%||100||60||Level I||50||1:26||26||75|
|6||SAN PEDRO COLLEGE-DAVAO CITY||81.54||285||7||292||97.61%||90||70||Level II||60||1:48||48||55|
|7||CENTRO ESCOLAR UNIVERSITY-MANILA||79.98||243||31||274||88.69%||80||40||Level IV||80||1:19||19||85|
|8||TRINITY UNIVERSITY OF ASIA (TRINITY-QC)||79.18||88||3||91||96.70%||40||100||Level III||70||1:19||19||85|
|9||FAR EASTERN UNIVERSITY-NICANOR REYES MEDICAL FOUNDATION||78.96||134||13||147||91.15%||50||100||Level III||70||1:10||10||85|
|10||LYCEUM OF THE PHILIPPINES UNIVERSITY-BATANGAS,INC||77.28||95||3||98||96.94%||40||40||COE||100||1:39||39||65|
|11||CAGAYAN STATE UNIVERSITY-ANDREWS CAMPUS||76.48||153||4||157||97.45%||50||100||Level I||50||1:22||22||75|
|12||UNIVERSITY OF BAGUIO||76.00||165||11||176||93.75%||60||60||Level III||70||1:37||37||65|
|13||OUR LADY OF FATIMA UNIVERSITY-VALENZUELA||75.03||221||35||256||86.33%||80||40||Level III||70||1:35||35||65|
|14||ADVENTIST UNIVERSITY OF THE PHILIPPINES||73.50||75||0||75||100.00%||30||70||Level II||60||1:17||17||85|
|15||ANGELES UNIVERSITY FOUNDATION||72.94||148||6||154||96.10%||50||40||Level II||60||1:12||12||85|
|16||CEBU DOCTORS UNIVERSITY||72.50||102||0||102||100.00%||40||40||Level II||60||1:13||13||85|
|17||UNIVERSITY OF THE IMMACULATE CONCEPTION-DAVAO||72.05||208||40||248||83.87%||70||40||Level II||60||1:18||18||85|
|18||MANILA CENTRAL UNIVERSITY-CALOOCAN CITY||70.04||97||17||114||85.09%||40||40||Level III||70||1:9||9||100|
|19||COLEGIO SAN AGUSTIN-BACOLOD CITY||69.80||56||1||57||98.25%||30||40||Level II||60||1:16||16||85|
|20||OUR LADY OF FATIMA UNIVERSITY-QC||69.54||157||39||196||80.10%||60||90||Level I||50||1:37||37||65|
|21||CENTRAL PHILIPPINE UNIVERSITY||66.36||138||30||168||82.14%||50||90||Not Accredited||30||1:15||15||85|
|22||NOTRE DAME OF MARBEL UNIVERSITY||65.07||64||6||70||91.43%||30||40||Level I||50||1:18||18||85|
|23||DE LA SALLE MEDICAL & HEALTH SCIENCES INSTITUTE||64.55||114||18||132||86.37%||50||40||Not Accredited||30||1:7||7||100|
|24||UNIVERSITY OF NEGROS OCCIDENTAL-RECOLETOS||63.88||100||7||107||93.46%||40||40||Not Accredited||30||1:16||16||85|
|25||LICEO DE CAGAYAN UNIVERSITY||63.46||89||19||108||82.41%||40||40||Level I||50||1:17||17||85|
|26||OUR LADY OF FATIMA UNIVERSITY-ANTIPOLO CITY||62.83||103||17||120||85.83%||40||40||Level I||50||1:37||37||65|
|27||HOLY NAME UNIVERSITY||62.36||104||12||116||89.65%||40||40||Not Accredited||30||1:17||17||85|
|28||UNIVERSITY OF THE EAST RAMON MAGSAYSAY MEM MEDICAL CTR||61.88||57||4||61||93.45%||30||40||Not Accredited||30||1:10||10||85|
|29||UNIVERSITY OF PANGASINAN||59.59||51||4||55||92.72%||30||40||Not Accredited||30||1:37||37||65|
|30||SAINT PAUL UNIVERSITY-TUGUEGARAO||57.91||54||7||61||88.52%||30||40||Not Accredited||30||1:35||35||65|
|31||LORMA COLLEGES||56.50||60||15||75||80.00%||30||40||Not Accredited||30||1:19||19||85|
- Private Higher Education Institutions Faculty-Student Ratio. (2019, June 8). Retrieved from https://ched.gov.ph/wp-content/uploads/2019-Private-HEIs-Faculty-Student-Ratio.pdf
- State Universities and Colleges (SUCs) Faculty Student Ratio. (2019, June 8). Retrieved from https://ched.gov.ph/wp-content/uploads/2019-SUCs-Faculty-Student-Ratio.pdf
- September 2019 Medical Technologist Licensure Examination Results Released in Three (3) Working Days. (2019, September 25). Retrieved from https://www.prc.gov.ph/article/september-2019-medical-technologist-licensure-examination-results-released-three-3-working
- March 2019 Medical Technologist Licensure Examination results released in three (3) working days. (2019, March 19). Retrieved from https://www.prc.gov.ph/article/march-2019-medical-technologist-licensure-examination-results-released-three-3-working-days
- Accreditation Status of Institutional Members (All Years, 1992-2017). Retrieved from http://www.aaccupqa.org.ph/index.php/about-aaccup/institutional-members/4-institutional-members
- Institutions/Programs that were Granted Various Accredited Status by Region, (2019, July 4). Retrieved from https://drive.google.com/file/d/1uQi3ioO1duYpDC8CAfpZ821QDtTem4dS/view
- Philippine Accrediting Association of Schools, Colleges and Universities. Retrieved from http://paascu.org.ph/?page_id=119