Still unsure of what school to become a chemical technician? Here is the list of 2019 best schools in the Philippines to become one.
Mindanao State University-Iligan Institute of Technology in Lanao del Norte in Northern Mindanao is hailed this year’s No. 1 best school in the country to become a chemical technician, after obtaining an overall score of 91.67%. MSU-IIT scored 87.93% in licensure examination passing rate, 100% in the number of examinees, 90% in the top-performing examinees, 100% in the accreditation of its program in chemistry as being one of the CHED’s Centers of Excellence in Chemistry, and 75% in faculty-student ratio.
Adamson University in Manila made the 2nd rank with an overall score of 91.20 percent.
The University of Santo Tomas came in 3rd place with an overall score of 89.95 percent.
- 6 rank 2019 Best Optometry Schools in the Philippines
- 24 Rank Best Electronics Engineering Schools in the Philippines for 2019
- 5 Ranked Best Accountancy Schools in the Philippines for 2019
- 31 Ranked Best Medical Technology Schools in the Philippines for 2019
- 49 Ranked Best Electrical Engineering Schools in the Philippines for 2019
- 40 Best Mechanical Engineering Schools in the Philippines for 2019
- 10 Ranked Best Physical Therapy Schools in the Philippines for 2019
- 12 Best Radiologic Technology Schools in the Philippines for 2019
- 15 Best Architecture Schools in the Philippines for 2019
- 2019 University Rankings based on Centers of Development/Excellence
Saint Louis University in Baguio City (89.91%) made the 4th rank on the list for 2019, ahead of Bicol University-Legazpi (86.10%) at 5th rank, University of the Philippines-Los Baños (83.67%) at 6th, Cebu Institute of Technology University (80.86%) at 7th, and University of the Philippines Visayas-Iloilo City earned the 8th spot with an 80.50% overall score.
Rounding out the remaining two places for the first top 10 performing schools are the Mapua University-Manila (80.36%) at 9th rank, and Visayas State University-Baybay (79.50%) at 10th.
Each school was ranked according to a methodology that assesses five indicators: board exam passing rate, number of examinees, top performing examinees, accreditation, and faculty-student ratio. In this ranking, the school was checked its accreditation status in chemistry and chemical engineering programs.
Of the 144 colleges and universities featured in the chemical technician school ranking, many are state colleges and universities, including a total of 3 public schools in the Metro Manila.
To rank the schools, we took the passing rate of chemical technician licensure examination in October 2019, the number of examinees, and top-performing examinees as the overall board exam performance, and faculty-student ratio and accreditation status of the chemistry/chemical engineering programs as other criteria. Note that the passing rates we used for the 2019 chemical technician licensure examination were at least 70% (unlike to the PRC’s 80%), and a minimum of 20 examinees (unlike the PRC’s 50 minimum examinees in the October 2019 Chemical Technician Licensure Examination).
Read on for an overview of this year’s best colleges and universities for chemical technicians, starting with a look at the top 10.
|Best Philippine Schools to Become a Chemical Technician for 2019|
|OVERALL BOARD EXAM PERFORMANCE (70%)||OTHER CRITERIA (30%)|
|RANK||OVERALL SCORE (%)||PASSED||FAILED||TOTAL||PASSED (40%)||No. of Examinees (20%)||With Top Examinees (10%)||Accreditation Level||Accreditation Level Score (20%)||Faculty-Student Ratio (FSR)||No. of Students per Faculty||FSR Score (10%)|
|1||MINDANAO STATE UNIVERSITY-ILIGAN INSTITUTE OF TECHNOLOGY||91.67||153||21||174||87.93%||100||90||COE||100||1:21||21||75|
|3||UNIVERSITY OF SANTO TOMAS||89.95||72||1||73||98.63%||80||70||COE||100||1:21||21||75|
|4||SAINT LOUIS UNIVERSITY||89.91||169||7||176||96.02%||100||70||COD||90||1:37||37||65|
|5||BICOL UNIVERSITY-LEGAZPI||86.10||98||1||99||98.99%||100||70||Level II||60||1:23||23||75|
|6||UNIVERSITY OF THE PHILIPPINES-LOS BAÑOS||83.67||47||1||48||97.92%||50||80||COD||90||1:15||15||85|
|7||CEBU INSTITUTE OF TECHNOLOGY-UNIVERSITY||80.86||80||8||88||90.91%||90||90||Level II||60||1:41||41||55|
|8||UNIVERSITY OF THE PHILIPPINES VISAYAS-ILOILO CITY||80.50||48||0||48||100.00%||50||100||Independent||60||1:15||15||85|
|10||VISAYAS STATE UNIVERSITY-BAYBAY||79.50||57||0||57||100.00%||60||70||Level II||60||1:17||17||85|
|11||XAVIER UNIVERSITY (ATENEO DE CAGAYAN)||78.78||36||6||42||85.71%||50||80||COD||90||1:15||15||85|
|12||UNIVERSITY OF SAN CARLOS||78.60||20||1||21||95.24%||30||90||COD||90||1:22||22||75|
|13||POLYTECHNIC UNIVERSITY OF THE PHILIPPINES-MAIN||78.44||115||29||144||79.86%||100||70||Level II||60||1:27||27||75|
|14||CAGAYAN STATE UNIVERSITY-TUGUEGARAO||76.62||77||16||93||82.80%||100||40||Level II||60||1:24||24||75|
|15||CENTRAL PHILIPPINE UNIVERSITY||75.69||19||2||21||90.48%||30||70||COD||90||1:16||16||85|
|16||MARIANO MARCOS STATE UNIVERSITY-BATAC||74.75||58||6||64||90.63%||70||40||Level II||60||1:15||15||85|
|17||BATANGAS STATE UNIVERSITY-ALANGILAN||73.12||58||11||69||84.06%||70||70||Level II||60||1:33||33||65|
|18||TECHNOLOGICAL UNIVERSITY OF THE PHILIPPINES-TAGUIG||71.25||108||20||128||84.38%||100||40||Not Accredited||30||1:21||21||75|
|19||WESTERN MINDANAO STATE UNIVERSITY-ZAMBOANGA CITY||70.69||38||4||42||90.48%||50||60||Level I||50||1:17||17||85|
|20||UNIVERSITY OF THE PHILIPPINES-MINDANAO||70.50||20||0||20||100.00%||30||40||Independent||60||1:15||15||85|
|21||CENTRAL MINDANAO UNIVERSITY||69.98||25||4||29||86.21%||30||70||Level III||70||1:18||18||85|
|22||TARLAC STATE UNIVERSITY||69.91||50||18||68||73.53%||70||60||Level III||70||1:34||34||65|
|23||EASTERN VISAYAS STATE UNIVERSITY-TACLOBAN||69.06||68||24||92||73.91%||100||60||Not Accredited||30||1:25||25||75|
|24||UNIVERSITY OF MINDANAO-DAVAO CITY||68.54||25||2||27||92.59%||30||60||Level III||70||1:42||42||55|
|25||UNIVERSITY OF SOUTHERN MINDANAO-KABACAN||68.30||23||2||25||92.00%||30||40||Level III||70||1:21||21||75|
|26||TECHNOLOGICAL INSTITUTE OF THE PHILIPPINES-MANILA||67.47||24||7||31||77.42%||40||40||COD||90||1:37||37||65|
|27||MINDANAO STATE UNIVERSITY-MARAWI CITY||66.55||39||2||41||95.12%||50||40||Not Accredited||30||1:19||19||85|
|28||BATANGAS STATE UNIVERSITY-BATANGAS CITY||65.13||31||7||38||81.58%||40||40||Level III||70||1:33||33||65|
|29||TECHNOLOGICAL UNIVERSITY OF THE PHILIPPINES-MANILA||64.59||56||21||77||72.73%||80||60||Not Accredited||30||1:21||21||75|
|30||CEBU NORMAL UNIVERSITY||63.17||23||7||30||76.67%||40||40||Level III||70||1:30||30||65|
|31||NUEVA ECIJA UNIVERSITY OF SCIENCE & TECHNOLOGY-CABANATUAN||59.27||20||6||26||76.92%||30||40||Level II||60||1:39||39||65|
- Private Higher Education Institutions Faculty-Student Ratio. (2019, June 8). Retrieved from https://ched.gov.ph/wp-content/uploads/2019-Private-HEIs-Faculty-Student-Ratio.pdf
- State Universities and Colleges (SUCs) Faculty Student Ratio. (2019, June 8). Retrieved from https://ched.gov.ph/wp-content/uploads/2019-SUCs-Faculty-Student-Ratio.pdf
- October 2019 Chemist and Chemical Technician Licensure Examination Results Released in Two (2) Working Days. (2019, October 14). Retrieved from https://www.prc.gov.ph/article/october-2019-chemist-and-chemical-technician-licensure-examination-results-released-two-2
- Accreditation Status of Institutional Members (All Years, 1992-2017). Retrieved from http://www.aaccupqa.org.ph/index.php/about-aaccup/institutional-members/4-institutional-members
- Institutions/Programs that were Granted Various Accredited Status by Region, (2019, July 4). Retrieved from https://drive.google.com/file/d/1uQi3ioO1duYpDC8CAfpZ821QDtTem4dS/view
- Philippine Accrediting Association of Schools, Colleges and Universities. Retrieved from http://paascu.org.ph/?page_id=119