The ranking of the best schools in the Philippines to become registered master electrician (RME) for 2018 has been released, which currently features only 29 out of the 594 colleges and universities offering electrical engineering undergraduate programs or associate in electrical engineering technology.
Per Professional Regulation Commission, to become a registered master electrician, one must have completed three (3) years BS in Electrical Engineering or three (3) year course in Electrical Engineering Technology with certificate of one (1) year practice; two (2) year vocational electrician’s course with two (2) years apprenticeship; one (1) year vocational electrician’s course with three (3) years apprenticeship; or high school graduate with five (5) years apprenticeship.
Mapua University-Manila took the lead as best schools to become registered master electrician with 83.93% overall score following consideration of their performance in the two registered master electrician licensure examinations this year, accreditation status, and faculty-student ratio.
Bohol Island State University-Tagbilaran made the 2nd rank on the list for 2018, ahead of the Adamson University at 3rd rank, Sorsogon State College at 4th rank, and De La Salle University-Lipa City at 5th rank. Rounding out the remaining five places for the top 10 performing schools are the Batangas State University-Lipa at 6th rank, Polytechnic University of the Philippines-Main at 7th, Saint Louis University at 8th, University of Saint Louis-Tuguegarao at 9th, and Technological University of the Philippines-Taguig at 10th.
The list is based on the results of this year’s registered master electrician licensure examinations in April and in September plus other factors including accreditation status of the program and faculty-student ratio to find out which schools offering electrical engineering or electrical engineering technology programs have the most valuable programs to produce batch of examinees with high registered master electrician licensure examination passing rates.
The ranking uses the same performance indicators as the Local Pulse School Rankings, however the weightings for number of examinees were adjusted to reflect programs with small number of examinees. Details on the methodology are discussed here. Other possible factors which are possibly secondary variables in determining the best Philippine schools to become registered master electrician are included in the disclaimer page. Factors such as international linkages, community involvement, employer reputation, research outputs, and research citations per faculty are not part of this study. These variables are assumed to be assessed by accrediting agencies such as PACUCOA, PAASCU, AACCUP, and CHEd.
- 8 Placed Best Respiratory Therapy Schools in the Philippines for 2018
- 7 Ranked Best Veterinary Medicine Schools in the Philippines for 2018
- 7 Best Occupational Therapy Schools in the Philippines for 2018
- 37 Ranked Best Electrical Engineering Schools in the Philippines for 2018
- 39 Best Mechanical Engineering Schools in the Philippines for 2018
- 23 Ranked Best Physical Therapy Schools in the Philippines for 2018
- 18 Best Nutrition and Dietetics Schools in the Philippines for 2018
- 17 Best Radiologic Technology Schools in the Philippines for 2018
- 41 Ranked Best Pharmacy Schools in the Philippines 2018
- 22 Best Architecture Schools in the Philippines for 2018
- 2018 University Rankings based on Centers of Development/Excellence
To rank the schools, we took the weighted passing rate average of the two registered master electrician licensure examinations in 2018, the number of examinees, and top performing examinees as the overall board exam performance, and faculty-student ratio and accreditation status of the electrical engineering program as other criteria. Note that the weighted passing rate average we used for 2018 registered master electrician (RME) licensure examination were adjusted to 70% and above (unlike the PRC’s 80%), and minimum of 20 examinees (unlike the PRC’s 50 minimum examinees).
Read on to see which schools made the list.
|29 Best Philippine Schools to Become Registered Master Electrician for 2018|
|RANK||SCHOOL||OVERALL SCORE||OVERALL BOARD EXAM PERFORMANCE (70%)||OTHER CRITERIA (30%)|
|PASSED||FAILED||TOTAL||Weighted % PASSED (40%)||No. of Examinees (20%)||With Top Examinees (10%)||Accreditation Level||Accreditation Level Score (20%)||Faculty-Student Ratio (FSR)||No. of Students per Faculty||FSR Score (10%)|
|2||BOHOL ISLAND STATE UNIVERSITY- TAGBILARAN||82.51||137||29||166||82.53%||100||100||Level II||60||1:27||27||75|
|4||SORSOGON STATE COLLEGE- SORSOGON||78.61||118||29||147||80.27%||90||90||Level II||60||1:27||27||75|
|5||DE LA SALLE UNIVERSITY-LIPA||75.92||68||1||69||98.55%||50||100||Candidate||40||1:12||12||85|
|6||BATANGAS STATE UNIVERSITY - LIPA||73.69||19||2||21||90.48%||30||70||COD||90||1:33||33||65|
|7||POLYTECHNIC UNIVERSITY OF THE PHILIPPINES-MAIN||71.63||67||25||92||72.83%||60||90||Level III||70||1:27||27||75|
|8||SAINT LOUIS UNIVERSITY||70.23||27||6||33||81.82%||30||60||COD||90||1:28||28||75|
|9||UNIVERSITY OF SAINT LOUIS- TUGUEGARAO||69.86||50||5||55||90.91%||40||40||Level III||70||1:23||23||75|
|10||TECHNOLOGICAL UNIVERSITY OF THE PHILIPPINES-TAGUIG||69.22||59||11||70||84.29%||50||60||Level II||60||1:21||21||75|
|11||POLYTECHNIC UNIVERSITY OF THE PHILIPPINES-STO. TOMAS||68.96||59||4||63||93.65%||50||80||Not Accredited||30||1:27||27||75|
|12||UNIVERSITY OF EASTERN PHILIPPINES-CATARMAN||68.17||81||32||113||71.68%||70||80||Level I||50||1:23||23||75|
|13||TECHNOLOGICAL INSTITUTE OF THE PHILIPPINES-MANILA||67.59||32||12||44||72.73%||40||40||COE||100||1:36||36||65|
|14||TECHNOLOGICAL UNIVERSITY OF THE PHILIPPINES-MANILA||65.94||64||26||90||71.11%||60||40||Level III||70||1:21||21||75|
|15||UNIVERSITY OF PANGASINAN||65.50||19||1||20||95.00%||30||90||Not Accredited||30||1:38||38||65|
|16||LAGUNA STATE POLYTECHNIC UNIVERSITY-SAN PABLO||64.28||40||6||46||86.96%||40||40||Level I||50||1:29||29||75|
|17||NUEVA VIZCAYA STATE UNIVERSITY-BAMBANG||64.24||33||5||38||86.84%||30||40||Level II||60||1:21||21||75|
|18||CAGAYAN STATE UNIVERSITY- TUGUEGARAO||62.64||51||19||70||72.86%||50||40||Level II||60||1:24||24||75|
|19||UNIVERSITY OF THE EAST-MANILA||62.34||27||4||31||87.10%||30||40||Level I||50||1:29||29||75|
|20||BULACAN STATE UNIVERSITY-MALOLOS||62.07||30||12||42||71.43%||40||40||Level III||70||1:28||28||75|
|21||CAVITE STATE UNIVERSITY-ROSARIO||60.77||30||11||41||73.17%||40||40||Level II||60||1:27||27||75|
|22||UNIVERSITY OF SOUTHEASTERN PHILIPPINES-DAVAO CITY||60.07||50||20||70||71.43%||50||40||Level II||60||1:46||46||55|
|23||UNIVERSITY OF NEGROS OCCIDENTAL-RECOLETOS||59.73||19||7||26||73.08%||30||40||Level II||60||1:16||16||85|
|24||CAMIGUIN POLYTECHNIC STATE COLLEGE||59.25||29||10||39||74.36%||30||40||Level II||60||1:23||23||75|
|25||DUALTECH TRAINING CENTER FOUNDATION, INC.- CANLUBANG||57.61||21||6||27||77.78%||30||70||Not Accredited||30||1:26||26||75|
|26||MFI FOUNDATION, INC.-PASIG||56.48||16||5||21||76.19%||30||40||Not Accredited||30||1:2||2||100|
|27||UNIVERSITY OF BOHOL||55.17||19||5||24||79.17%||30||40||Not Accredited||30||1:24||24||75|
|28||POLYTECHNIC UNIVERSITY OF THE PHILIPPINES-MARAGONDON||53.87||39||16||55||70.91%||40||40||Not Accredited||30||1:27||27||75|
|29||UNIVERSITY OF BATANGAS||52.84||31||12||43||72.09%||40||40||Level I||50||1:62||62||20|
- Private Higher Education Institutions Faculty-Student Ratio. (2018, June 8). Retrieved from https://ched.gov.ph/wp-content/uploads/2018/07/Private-Higher-Education-Institutions-Faculty-Student-Ratio.pdf
- State Universities and Colleges (SUCs) Faculty Student Ratio. (2018, June 8). Retrieved from https://ched.gov.ph/wp-content/uploads/2018/07/State-Universities-and-Colleges-SUCs-Faculty-Student-Ratio.pdf
- List of Centers of Excellence and Development. (2018, May 8). Retrieved from https://ched.gov.ph/wp-content/uploads/2018/07/List-of-Centers-of-Excellence-and-Development.pdf
- September 2018 Electrical Engineer Licensure Examination results released in three (3) working days. (2018, September 6). Retrieved from https://www.prc.gov.ph/article/september-2018-electrical-engineer-licensure-examination-results-released-three-3-working
- Electrical Engineer Licensure Examination Results Released In Three (3) Working Days. (2018, April 25)
- Institutions with Accredited Programs (as of May 2018). Retrieved from https://drive.google.com/file/d/12DBK6obVT1EgoeAXU3sI4pfKB_02emfJ/view
- Philippine Accrediting Association of Schools, Colleges and Universities. Retrieved from http://paascu.org.ph/?page_id=119
- Accreditation Status of Institutional Members (All Years, 1992-2017). (2018). Retrieved from http://www.aaccupqa.org.ph/index.php/about-aaccup/2-uncategorised/73-accreditation-status-of-institutional-members-all-years-1992-2017