A total of twenty-seven colleges and universities make the list of the 2019 Best Pharmacy Schools in the Philippines, based on overall board exam performance, accreditation status, and faculty-student ratio. (READ: 2019 Top Performing Pharmacy Schools in the Philippines)
Of the 104 colleges and universities offering undergraduate programs in pharmacy, only 27 qualified to make the list.
The University of Santo Tomas leads the list with a 93.25% overall score, after registering a weighted passing rate of 91.88% in this year’s two pharmacist licensure examinations, with large number of examinees, with top 5 performing examinee, lower faculty-student ratio, and being the sole university in the country accredited by the Commission on Higher Education as the Center of Excellence (COE) in Pharmacy.
Our Lady of Fatima University-Valenzuela follows with an overall score of 87.79 percent. The university is accredited as the Center of Development (COD) in Pharmacy, the only university in the country having such accreditation level.
Centro Escolar University-Manila holds the third rank at 85.43%, and the fourth rank to the Saint Louis University at 82.83%.
The fifth rank, University of the Immaculate Conception-Davao City is at 78.90% overall score, while the University of San Agustin holds the sixth rank at 78.89%.
The seventh in the ranking is the University of the Philippines-Manila at 78.50%, followed by the University of San Carlos, holding the eighth rank at 76.90%.
Adamson University holds the ninth rank at 72.67%, while San Pedro College-Davao City at 10th rank with 72.59% overall score.
- 2019 Top Performing Pharmacy Schools in the Philippines
- Top Performing Pharmacy Schools in the Philippines for 2018
- Top Performing Pharmacy Schools in the Philippines for 2014-2018
- 41 Ranked Best Pharmacy Schools in the Philippines for 2018
- 22 Top Performing Philippine Schools for Pharmacy in 2017
To rank the schools, we took the weighted passing rates of the two pharmacist licensure examinations in 2019, the number of examinees, and top performing examinees as the overall board exam performance, and faculty-student ratio and accreditation status of the pharmacy undergraduate program as other criteria. Note that the passing rates we used for 2019 pharmacy licensure examinations were 80% and above (similar to the PRC’s 80%), and a minimum of 15 examinees (similar to the PRC’s 15 minimum examinees).
Read on to see which schools made the list.
|27 Best Philippine Schools with Pharmacy Programs for 2019|
|OVERALL BOARD EXAM PERFORMANCE (70%)||OTHER CRITERIA (30%)|
|Rank||OVERALL SCORE (%)||PASSED||FAILED||TOTAL||% PASSED (40%)||No. of Examinees (20%)||With Top Examinees (10%)||Accreditation Level||Accreditation Level Score (20%)||Faculty-Student Ratio (FSR)||No. of Students per Faculty||FSR Score (10%)|
|1||UNIVERSITY OF SANTO TOMAS||93.25||407||36||443||91.88%||100||80||COE||100||1:15||15||85|
|2||OUR LADY OF FATIMA UNIVERSITY-VALENZUELA||87.79||238||48||286||83.22%||100||100||COD||90||1:35||35||65|
|3||CENTRO ESCOLAR UNIVERSITY-MANILA||85.43||396||85||481||82.33%||100||80||Level IV||80||1:19||19||85|
|4||SAINT LOUIS UNIVERSITY||82.83||235||4||239||98.32%||100||40||Level II||60||1:27||27||75|
|5||UNIVERSITY OF THE IMMACULATE CONCEPTION-DAVAO||78.90||157||31||188||83.51%||80||90||Level II||60||1:18||18||85|
|6||UNIVERSITY OF SAN AGUSTIN||78.89||215||28||243||88.48%||100||90||Not Accredited||30||1:14||14||85|
|7||UNIVERSITY OF THE PHILIPPINES-MANILA||78.50||66||0||66||100.00%||40||100||Level II||60||1:15||15||85|
|8||UNIVERSITY OF SAN CARLOS||76.90||72||3||75||96.00%||50||80||Level II||60||1:16||16||85|
|9||ADAMSON UNIVERSITY||72.67||47||1||48||97.91%||40||40||Level III||70||1:23||23||75|
|10||SAN PEDRO COLLEGE-DAVAO CITY||72.59||182||38||220||82.72%||90||40||Level II||60||1:48||48||55|
|11||MARIANO MARCOS STATE UNIVERSITY-BATAC||69.46||73||6||79||92.40%||50||40||Level I||50||1:14||14||85|
|12||CENTRO ESCOLAR UNIVERSITY-MAKATI||68.20||112||25||137||81.75%||70||40||Level I||50||1:23||23||75|
|13||NATIONAL UNIVERSITY-MANILA||67.96||25||1||26||96.16%||30||40||Level II||60||1:21||21||75|
|14||DE LA SALLE MEDICAL & HEALTH SCIENCES INSTITUTE||66.00||33||0||33||100.00%||30||40||Not Accredited||30||1:7||7||100|
|15||ST. SCHOLASTICA'S COLLEGE-TACLOBAN||65.14||26||2||28||92.86%||30||40||Candidate||40||1:8||8||100|
|16||NEGROS ORIENTAL STATE UNIVERSITY-DUMAGUETE||65.14||74||14||88||84.09%||50||40||Level I||50||1:23||23||75|
|17||LYCEUM NORTHWESTERN UNIVERSITY-DAGUPAN CITY||64.92||29||2||31||93.55%||30||60||Level I||50||1:49||49||55|
|18||CENTRAL PHILIPPINE UNIVERSITY||64.84||114||27||141||80.85%||70||40||Not Accredited||30||1:15||15||85|
|19||OUR LADY OF FATIMA UNIVERSITY-ANTIPOLO CITY||64.63||102||25||127||80.32%||60||40||Level I||50||1:37||37||65|
|20||COLEGIO SAN AGUSTIN-BACOLOD CITY||64.50||29||0||29||100.00%||30||40||Not Accredited||30||1:16||16||85|
|21||UNIVERSITY OF MAKATI||63.50||28||0||28||100.00%||30||40||Not Accredited||30||1:24||24||75|
|22||UNIVERSITY OF PANGASINAN||62.50||18||0||18||100.00%||30||40||Not Accredited||30||1:37||37||65|
|23||SAINT PAUL UNIVERSITY-TUGUEGARAO||61.28||60||9||69||86.96%||40||40||Candidate||40||1:35||35||65|
|24||LYCEUM OF THE PHILIPPINES UNIVERSITY-BATANGAS,INC||59.64||26||2||28||92.86%||30||40||Not Accredited||30||1:39||39||65|
|25||ARAULLO UNIVERSITY||59.15||16||1||17||94.12%||30||40||Not Accredited||30||1:41||41||55|
|26||SAINT MARY'S UNIVERSITY||59.09||44||10||54||81.48%||40||40||Not Accredited||30||1:15||15||85|
|27||CEBU DOCTORS' UNIVERSITY||58.44||28||5||33||84.85%||30||40||Not Accredited||30||1:13||13||85|
- Private Higher Education Institutions Faculty-Student Ratio. (2019, June 8). Retrieved from https://ched.gov.ph/wp-content/uploads/2019-Private-HEIs-Faculty-Student-Ratio.pdf
- State Universities and Colleges (SUCs) Faculty Student Ratio. (2019, June 8). Retrieved from https://ched.gov.ph/wp-content/uploads/2019-SUCs-Faculty-Student-Ratio.pdf
- August 2019 Pharmacist Licensure Examination results released in three (3) working days. (2019, August 7). Retrieved from https://www.prc.gov.ph/article/august-2019-pharmacist-licensure-examination-results-released-three-3-working-days/4057
- March 2019 Pharmacist Licensure Examination Results Released in Three (3) Working Days. (2019, March 12). Retrieved from https://www.prc.gov.ph/article/march-2019-pharmacist-licensure-examination-results-released-three-3-working-days/3892
- Accreditation Status of Institutional Members (All Years, 1992-2017). Retrieved from http://www.aaccupqa.org.ph/index.php/about-aaccup/institutional-members/4-institutional-members
- Institutions/Programs that were Granted Various Accredited Status by Region, (2019, July 4). Retrieved from https://drive.google.com/file/d/1uQi3ioO1duYpDC8CAfpZ821QDtTem4dS/view
- Philippine Accrediting Association of Schools, Colleges and Universities. Retrieved from http://paascu.org.ph/?page_id=119