The rankings of the best physical therapy schools in the Philippines for 2018 have been released, which currently features only 23 out of 87 colleges and universities offering undergraduate programs in physical therapy.
University of Santo Tomas led the list of the best performing schools offering physical therapy undergraduate programs in 2018 with 86.38 percent overall score. Pamantasan ng Lungsod ng Maynila followed with 82.20 percentage rating while Cebu Doctors’ University and San Pedro College in Davao City ranked third and fourth with 75.85% and 72.96% overall scores, respectively. Angeles University Foundation landed fifth with 72.50 percent overall score. University of Santo Tomas is currently Center of Development (COE) for physical therapy as accredited by the Commission on Higher Education (CHED).
The rankings are based on the results of two physical therapist licensure examinations this year (February and August) plus other factors including level of accreditation and faculty-student ratio to find out which schools offering undergraduate programs in physical therapy have the most valuable degree programs to produce batch of examinees with high physical therapist licensure examination passing rates.
The ranking uses the same performance indicators as the Local Pulse School Rankings, however the weightings for number of examinees were adjusted to reflect programs with less examinees. Details on the methodology are discussed here. Other possible factors which are possibly secondary variables in determining the best Philippine schools to study physical therapy are included in the disclaimer page. Factors such as international linkages, community involvement, employer reputation, research outputs, and research citations per faculty are not part of this study. These variables are assumed to be assessed by accredited agencies such as PACUCOA, PAASCU, and AACCUP.
- 18 Best Nutrition and Dietetics Schools in the Philippines for 2018
- 17 Best Radiologic Technology Schools in the Philippines for 2018
- 41 Ranked Best Pharmacy Schools in the Philippines 2018
- 22 Best Architecture Schools in the Philippines for 2018
- 2018 University Rankings based on Centers of Development/Excellence
To rank the schools, we took the weighted passing rates of the two physical therapist licensure examinations this year, the number of examinees, and top performing examinees as the overall board exam performance, and faculty-student ratio and accreditation status of the nursing undergraduate program as other criteria. Note that the passing rates we used this year were adjusted to 60% and above (unlike the PRC’s 80%), and minimum of 20 examinees (unlike the PRC’s 50 minimum examinees).
Read on to see which schools made the list.
|23 Best Philippine Schools with Physical Therapy Programs for 2018|
|RANK||SCHOOL||OVERALL SCORE||OVERALL BOARD EXAM PERFORMANCE (70%)||OTHER CRITERIA (30%)|
|PASSED||FAILED||TOTAL||Weighted % PASSED (40%)||No. of Examinees (20%)||With Top Examinees (10%)||Accreditation Level||Accreditation Level Score (20%)||Faculty-Student Ratio (FSR)||No. of Students per Faculty||FSR Score (10%|
|1||UNIVERSITY OF SANTO TOMAS||86.38||107||6||113||94.69%||90||40||COD||90||1:14||14||85|
|2||PAMANTASAN NG LUNGSOD NG MAYNILA||82.20||82||5||87||94.25%||70||100||Independent||60||1:15||15||85|
|3||CEBU DOCTORS UNIVERSITY||75.85||114||15||129||88.37%||100||40||Candidate||40||1:14||14||85|
|4||SAN PEDRO COLLEGE-DAVAO CITY||72.96||50||2||52||96.16%||50||100||Not Accredited||30||1:13||13||85|
|5||ANGELES UNIVERSITY FOUNDATION||72.50||20||0||20||100.00%||30||60||Level II||60||1:11||11||85|
|6||SILLIMAN UNIVERSITY||72.45||37||2||39||94.87%||40||60||Level II||60||1:10||10||85|
|7||UNIVERSITY OF THE EAST RAMON MAGSAYSAY MEM MEDICAL CTR||72.30||69||5||74||93.24%||60||70||Not Accredited||30||1:6||6||100|
|9||UNIVERSITY OF THE PHILIPPINES- MANILA||70.95||44||3||47||93.62%||40||90||Level I||50||1:35||35||65|
|10||RIVERSIDE COLLEGE||70.79||92||48||140||65.72%||100||100||Not Accredited||30||1:15||15||85|
|11||DAVAO DOCTORS COLLEGE, INC.||64.87||20||2||22||90.91%||30||40||Level I||50||1:12||12||85|
|12||FAR EASTERN UNIVERSITY- NICANOR REYES MEDICAL FOUNDATION||63.00||26||6||32||81.25%||30||40||Level II||60||1:10||10||85|
|13||SAINT PAUL UNIVERSITY-ILOILO||62.74||53||31||84||63.10%||70||100||Not Accredited||30||1:25||25||75|
|14||EMILIO AGUINALDO COLLEGE- MANILA||59.57||47||28||75||62.66%||60||40||Level II||60||1:32||32||65|
|15||LICEO DE CAGAYAN UNIVERSITY||59.19||27||12||39||69.23%||40||70||Candidate||40||1:16||16||85|
|16||REMEDIOS T. ROMUALDEZ MEDICAL FOUNDATION||58.40||19||6||25||76.00%||30||60||Not Accredited||30||1:5||5||100|
|17||DE LA SALLE UNIVERSITY-HEALTH SCIENCES INSTITUTE||58.00||21||14||35||60.00%||40||40||Level II||60||1:7||7||100|
|19||MANILA ADVENTIST COLLEGE||57.57||17||6||23||73.91%||30||40||Candidate||40||1:9||9||100|
|20||SAN JUAN DE DIOS EDUCATIONAL FOUNDATION, INC||57.46||14||8||22||63.64%||30||40||Level II||60||1:6||6||100|
|21||UNIVERSITY OF BOHOL||53.06||17||6||23||73.91%||30||40||Not Accredited||30||1:24||24||75|
|22||ILOILO DOCTORS' COLLEGE||52.74||24||10||34||70.59%||30||40||Not Accredited||30||1:15||15||85|
|23||UNIVERSITY OF BAGUIO||52.07||15||6||21||71.43%||30||40||Not Accredited||30||1:25||25||75|
- Private Higher Education Institutions Faculty-Student Ratio. (2018, June 8). Retrieved from https://ched.gov.ph/wp-content/uploads/2018/07/Private-Higher-Education-Institutions-Faculty-Student-Ratio.pdf
- State Universities and Colleges (SUCs) Faculty Student Ratio. (2018, June 8). Retrieved from https://ched.gov.ph/wp-content/uploads/2018/07/State-Universities-and-Colleges-SUCs-Faculty-Student-Ratio.pdf
- List of Centers of Excellence and Development. (2018, May 8). Retrieved from https://ched.gov.ph/wp-content/uploads/2018/07/List-of-Centers-of-Excellence-and-Development.pdf
- August 2018 Physical and Occupational Therapist Licensure Examinations Results Released in Three (3) Working Days. (2018, August 15). Retrieved from https://www.prc.gov.ph/article/august-2018-physical-and-occupational-therapist-licensure-examinations-results-released
- February 2018 Physical and Occupational Therapist Licensure Examinations Results Released in Two (2) Working Days. (2018, February 7). Retrieved from https://www.prc.gov.ph/article/february-2018-physical-and-occupational-therapist-licensure-examinations-results-released
- Institutions with Accredited Programs (as of May 2018). Retrieved from https://drive.google.com/file/d/12DBK6obVT1EgoeAXU3sI4pfKB_02emfJ/view
- Philippine Accrediting Association of Schools, Colleges and Universities. Retrieved from http://paascu.org.ph/?page_id=119
- Accreditation Status of Institutional Members (All Years, 1992-2017). (2018). Retrieved from http://www.aaccupqa.org.ph/index.php/about-aaccup/2-uncategorised/73-accreditation-status-of-institutional-members-all-years-1992-2017