The ranking of the best accountancy schools in the Philippines for 2018 has been released, which currently featured only 23 out of 532 colleges and universities offering undergraduate programs in accountancy.
De La Salle University is still ranked first in the country for accountancy with 83.95% overall score based on overall board exam performance (70%), accreditation (20%), and faculty-student ratio (10%). The school is the sole institution in the country accredited as Center of Excellence (COE) in accountancy by the Commission on Higher Education (CHED).
University of Santo Tomas made the 2nd rank on the list for 2018, ahead of University of the Philippines Diliman at 3rd rank, Far Eastern University at 4th rank, and University of San Carlos at 5th.
Rounding out the remaining five places for the first top 10 performing schools are the University of San Jose-Recoletos in Cebu City at 6th rank, Holy Angel University in Angeles City, Pampanga at 7th, University of Saint La Salle in Bacolod City at 8th, Kingfisher School of Business and Finance in Lucao, Pangasinan at 9th, and University of Saint Louis-Tuguegarao at 10th. University of San Jose Recoletos is presently CHED’s Center of Development (COD) in accountancy.
The list is based on the results of this year’s biannual certified public accountant licensure examinations plus other factors including accreditation status of the program and faculty-student ratio to find out which schools offering programs in accountancy have the most valuable degree programs to produce batch of examinees with high certified public accountant licensure examination passing rates.
The ranking uses the same performance indicators as the Local Pulse School Rankings, however the weightings for number of examinees were adjusted to reflect programs with fewer examinees. Details on the methodology are discussed here or can be accessed using this page. Other possible factors which are possibly secondary variables in determining the best Philippine schools to study accountancy are included in the disclaimer page. Factors such as international linkages, community involvement, employer reputation, research outputs, and research citations per faculty are not part of this study. These variables are assumed to be assessed by accrediting agencies such as PACUCOA, PAASCU, AACCUP, and CHEd.
- 33 Ranked Best Medical Technology Schools in the Philippines for 2018
- 5 Ranked Best Optometry Schools in the Philippines for 2018
- 14 Best Agricultural & Biosystems Engineering Schools in the Philippines for 2018
- 10 Best Agriculture Schools in the Philippines for 2018
- 29 Ranked Best Philippines Schools to Become Registered Master Electrician for 2018
- 8 Placed Best Respiratory Therapy Schools in the Philippines for 2018
- 7 Ranked Best Veterinary Medicine Schools in the Philippines for 2018
- 7 Best Occupational Therapy Schools in the Philippines for 2018
- 37 Ranked Best Electrical Engineering Schools in the Philippines for 2018
- 39 Best Mechanical Engineering Schools in the Philippines for 2018
- 23 Ranked Best Physical Therapy Schools in the Philippines for 2018
- 18 Best Nutrition and Dietetics Schools in the Philippines for 2018
- 17 Best Radiologic Technology Schools in the Philippines for 2018
- 41 Ranked Best Pharmacy Schools in the Philippines 2018
- 22 Best Architecture Schools in the Philippines for 2018
- 2018 University Rankings based on Centers of Development/Excellence
To rank the schools, we took the weighted passing rate average of the biannual certified public accountant licensure examinations in 2018, the number of examinees, and top performing examinees as the overall board exam performance, and faculty-student ratio and accreditation status of the accountancy programs as other criteria. Note that the weighted passing rates we used for 2018 certified public accountant licensure examination were 60% (unlike the PRC’s 80%), and minimum of 20 examinees (unlike the PRC’s 50 minimum examinees).
Read on to see which schools made the list.
|23 Best Philippine Schools with Bachelors in Accountancy Programs for 2018|
|RANK||SCHOOL||OVERALL SCORE||OVERALL BOARD EXAM PERFORMANCE (70%)||OTHER CRITERIA (30%)|
|PASSED||FAILED||COND||TOTAL||Weighted % PASSED (40%)||No. of Examinees (20%)||With Top Examinees (10%)||Accreditation Level||Accreditation Level Score (20%)||Faculty-Student Ratio (FSR)||No. of Students per Faculty||FSR Score (10%|
|1||DE LA SALLE UNIVERSITY-MANILA||83.95||148||14||5||167||88.62%||60||80||COE||100||1:14||14||85|
|2||UNIVERSITY OF SANTO TOMAS||82.48||353||53||65||471||74.95%||100||100||Level III||70||1:14||14||85|
|3||UNIVERSITY OF THE PHILIPPINES- DILIMAN||74.34||70||0||4||74||94.59%||40||80||Independent||60||1:15||15||85|
|4||FAR EASTERN UNIVERSITY- MANILA||73.61||130||40||15||185||70.27%||70||80||Level IV||80||1:26||26||75|
|5||UNIVERSITY OF SAN CARLOS||69.25||77||18||2||97||79.38%||40||90||Level II||60||1:16||16||85|
|6||UNIVERSITY OF SAN JOSE- RECOLETOS||68.61||88||47||11||146||60.28%||60||70||COD||90||1:20||20||75|
|7||HOLY ANGEL UNIVERSITY||66.59||107||38||13||158||67.72%||60||90||Level II||60||1:32||32||65|
|8||UNIVERSITY OF SAINT LA SALLE||65.67||34||3||4||41||82.93%||30||40||Level III||70||1:14||14||85|
|9||KINGFISHER SCHOOL OF BUSINESS AND FINANCE||65.61||44||0||1||45||97.78%||30||60||Not Accredited||30||1:12||12||85|
|10||UNIVERSITY OF SAINT LOUIS- TUGUEGARAO||65.35||106||35||23||164||64.63%||60||40||Level IV||80||1:23||23||75|
|11||DE LA SALLE UNIVERSITY- DASMARIÑAS||65.2||33||4||6||43||76.74%||30||40||Level IV||80||1:15||15||85|
|12||BICOL UNIVERSITY-DARAGA||61.13||60||9||12||81||74.07%||40||40||Level II||60||1:23||23||75|
|13||HOLY NAME UNIVERSITY||60.38||33||10||8||51||64.71%||30||40||Level IV||80||1:17||17||85|
|14||ATENEO DE ZAMBOANGA UNIVERSITY||60||33||11||4||48||68.75%||30||40||Level III||70||1:11||11||85|
|15||UNIVERSITY OF THE PHILIPPINES- VISAYAS-ILOILO CITY||59.94||44||19||9||72||61.11%||40||70||Independent||60||1:15||15||85|
|16||UNIVERSITY OF THE PHILIPPINES- VISAYAS-TACLOBAN CITY||59.25||23||5||4||32||71.87%||30||40||Independent||60||1:15||15||85|
|17||ADVENTIST UNIVERSITY OF THE PHILIPPINES||57.09||22||4||1||27||81.48%||30||40||Not Accredited||30||1:14||14||85|
|18||CAGAYAN STATE UNIVERSITY- ANDREWS CAMPUS||55.95||41||18||3||62||66.13%||40||40||Level I||50||1:24||24||75|
|19||LYCEUM OF THE PHILIPPINES UNIVERSITY-MANILA||55.85||14||8||1||23||60.87%||30||40||Level III||70||1:27||27||75|
|20||DIVINE WORD COLLEGE OF CALAPAN||55.29||31||6||2||39||79.49%||30||40||Not Accredited||30||1:21||21||75|
|21||NOTRE DAME OF MARBEL UNIVERSITY||54.95||21||10||2||33||63.63%||30||40||Level II||60||1:24||24||75|
|22||NOTRE DAME UNIVERSITY||54.71||23||11||4||38||60.53%||30||40||Level II||60||1:13||13||85|
|23||GENERAL DE JESUS COLLEGE||53.07||15||5||1||21||71.43%||30||40||Not Accredited||30||1:17||17||85|
- Private Higher Education Institutions Faculty-Student Ratio. (2018, June 8). Retrieved from https://ched.gov.ph/wp-content/uploads/2018/07/Private-Higher-Education-Institutions-Faculty-Student-Ratio.pdf
- State Universities and Colleges (SUCs) Faculty Student Ratio. (2018, June 8). Retrieved from https://ched.gov.ph/wp-content/uploads/2018/07/State-Universities-and-Colleges-SUCs-Faculty-Student-Ratio.pdf
- List of Centers of Excellence and Development. (2018, May 8). Retrieved from https://ched.gov.ph/wp-content/uploads/2018/07/List-of-Centers-of-Excellence-and-Development.pdf
- October 2018 Certified Public Accountant Licensure Examination results released in six (6) working days. (2018, October 23). Retrieved from https://www.prc.gov.ph/article/august-2018-medical-technologist-licensure-examination-results-released-three-3-working-days
- May 2018 Certified Public Accountant Licensure Examination results released in five (5) working days. (2018, May 28). Retrieved from https://www.prc.gov.ph/article/may-2018-certified-public-accountant-licensure-examination-results-released-five-5-working
- Institutions with Accredited Programs (as of May 2018). Retrieved from https://drive.google.com/file/d/1X0B7_Zsmbg2Gg7NV1tvIcM4jIGZd1C_C/view
- Philippine Accrediting Association of Schools, Colleges and Universities. Retrieved from http://paascu.org.ph/?page_id=119
- Accreditation Status of Institutional Members (All Years, 1992-2017). (2018). Retrieved from http://www.aaccupqa.org.ph/index.php/about-aaccup/2-uncategorised/73-accreditation-status-of-institutional-members-all-years-1992-2017