The ranking of the Best Midwifery Schools in the Philippines for 2019 has been released, which featured only 23 out of the 306 colleges and universities offering programs in midwifery.
Mary Chiles College in the City of Manila took the lead for midwifery with a 76.51% overall score after scoring 78.79% in weighted passing rate average, 100% in the number of examinees, 90% in top-performing examinees, 30% in midwifery program accreditation, and 100% in faculty-student ratio.
Integrated Midwives Association of the Philippines Foundation School of Midwifery made the 2nd rank on the list for 2019 with an overall score of 75.86%, ahead of Cavite State University (72.44%) at 3rd rank, Gordon College (72.28%) at 4th rank, and Davao Medical School Foundation (72.00%) at 5th rank. Rounding out the remaining five places for the first 10 best midwifery schools is the Jose Fabella Memorial Hospital School of Midwifery (71.50%) at 6th rank, Iloilo Doctors’ College (71.02%) at 7th, Bacarra Medical Center School of Midwifery and College of Nursing (69.33%) at 8th, Saint Paul College Foundation, Inc. (67.86%) at 9th, and Sultan Kudarat State University-Tacurong (67.61%) at 10th.
- 8 rank Best Respiratory Therapy Schools in the Philippines for 2019
- 11 rank Best Philippine Schools to Become a Psychologist for 2019
- 6 rank 2019 Best Optometry Schools in the Philippines
- 24 Rank Best Electronics Engineering Schools in the Philippines for 2019
- 5 Ranked Best Accountancy Schools in the Philippines for 2019
- 31 Ranked Best Medical Technology Schools in the Philippines for 2019
- 49 Ranked Best Electrical Engineering Schools in the Philippines for 2019
- 40 Best Mechanical Engineering Schools in the Philippines for 2019
- 10 Ranked Best Physical Therapy Schools in the Philippines for 2019
- 12 Best Radiologic Technology Schools in the Philippines for 2019
- 15 Best Architecture Schools in the Philippines for 2019
- 2019 University Rankings based on Centers of Development/Excellence
The list is based on the results of this year’s midwife licensure examinations in April, August (Special) and in November plus other factors including accreditation status of the program and faculty-student ratio to find out which schools offering midwifery programs have the most valuable degree programs to produce batch of examinees with high midwife licensure examination passing rates.
The ranking uses the same performance indicators as the Local Pulse School Rankings, however, the weightings for the number of examinees were adjusted to reflect programs with fewer examinees. Details on the methodology are discussed here. Other possible factors that are possibly secondary variables in determining the best Philippine schools to study midwifery are included in the disclaimer page. Factors such as international linkages, community involvement, employer reputation, research outputs, and research citations per faculty are not part of this study. These variables are assumed to be assessed by accrediting agencies such as PACUCOA, PAASCU, AACCUP, and CHEd.
To rank the schools, we took the weighted passing rate average of the three midwife licensure examinations in 2019, the number of examinees, and top-performing examinees as the overall board exam performance, and faculty-student ratio and accreditation status of the midwifery as other criteria. Note that the weighted passing rate average we used for the 2019 midwifery licensure examination was adjusted to 70% and above (unlike the PRC’s 80%), and a minimum of 10 examinees (unlike the PRC’s 50 minimum examinees).
Read on to see which schools made the list.
|23 Best Philippine Schools with Midwifery Programs|
|OVERALL BOARD EXAM PERFORMANCE (70%)||OTHER CRITERIA (30%)|
|RANK||OVERALL SCORE (%)||PASSED||FAILED||TOTAL||Weighted Ave. (%)||No. of Examinees (20%)||With Top Examinees (10%)||Accreditation Level||Accreditation Level Score (20%)||Faculty-Student Ratio (FSR)||No. of Students per Faculty||FSR Score (10%)|
|1||MARY CHILES COLLEGE||76.51||26||7||33||78.79%||100||90||Not Accredited||30||1:6||6||100|
|2||INTEGRATED MIDWIVES ASSOCIATION OF THE PHILIPPINES FOUNDATION SCHOOL OF MIDWIFERY||75.86||30||3||33||90.91%||100||70||Not Accredited||30||1:36||36||65|
|3||CAVITE STATE UNIVERSITY||72.44||28||6||34||82.35%||100||60||Not Accredited||30||1:29||29||75|
|4||GORDON COLLEGE||72.28||20||3||23||86.96%||80||80||Not Accredited||30||1:20||20||75|
|5||DAVAO MEDICAL SCHOOL FOUNDATION||72.00||14||0||14||100.00%||60||40||Not Accredited||30||1:6||6||100|
|6||JOSE FABELLA MEMORIAL HOSPITAL SCHOOL OF MIDWIFERY||71.50||17||3||20||85.00%||70||100||Not Accredited||30||1:20||20||75|
|7||ILOILO DOCTORS' COLLEGE||71.02||21||2||23||91.30%||80||40||Not Accredited||30||1:15||15||85|
|8||BACARRA MEDICAL CENTER SCHOOL OF MIDWIFERY & COLLEGE OF NURSING||69.33||14||1||15||93.34%||60||40||Not Accredited||30||1:3||3||100|
|9||SAINT PAUL COLLEGE FOUNDATION, INC||67.86||10||1||11||90.91%||50||70||Not Accredited||30||1:15||15||85|
|10||SULTAN KUDARAT STATE UNIVERSITY-TACURONG||67.61||26||11||37||70.27%||100||60||Not Accredited||30||1:28||28||75|
|11||NORTH LUZON PHILIPPINES STATE COLLEGE- CANDON||67.00||15||1||16||93.75%||60||40||Not Accredited||30||1:23||23||75|
|12||RIVERSIDE COLLEGE||66.78||12||2||14||85.71%||60||60||Not Accredited||30||1:13||13||85|
|13||BUTUAN DOCTORS COLLEGE||65.83||15||3||18||83.33%||70||40||Not Accredited||30||1:13||13||85|
|14||BVS COLLEGES-BENGUET||65.17||13||2||15||86.67%||60||40||Not Accredited||30||1:10||10||85|
|15||NAGA COLLEGE FOUNDATION||62.50||9||1||10||90.00%||50||40||Not Accredited||30||1:38||38||65|
|16||CENTRAL LUZON DOCTOR'S HOSPITAL EDUCATIONAL INSTITUTION||62.35||11||2||13||84.62%||50||40||Not Accredited||30||1:17||17||85|
|17||LAGUNA UNIVERSITY-STA CRUZ, LAGUNA||60.83||10||2||12||83.34%||50||40||Not Accredited||30||1:20||20||75|
|18||MATI DOCTORS COLLEGE||58.73||12||5||17||70.59%||60||40||Not Accredited||30||1:15||15||85|
|19||TANCHULING COLLEGE||58.50||9||3||12||75.00%||50||40||Not Accredited||30||1:17||17||85|
|20||NORTHERN NEGROS STATE COLLEGE OF SCIENCE & TECHNOLOGY||58.50||8||2||10||80.00%||50||40||Not Accredited||30||1:30||30||65|
|21||BOHOL INSTITUTE OF TECHNOLOGY-TAGBILARAN CITY||58.50||8||2||10||80.00%||50||40||Not Accredited||30||1:36||36||65|
|22||FLORENCIO L. VARGAS COLLEGE-TUGUEGARAO||58.27||10||3||13||76.92%||50||40||Not Accredited||30||1:20||20||75|
|23||UNIVERSAL COLLEGE FOUNDATION OF SOUTHEAST ASIA & THE PACIFIC,INC||55.50||7||3||10||70.00%||50||40||Not Accredited||30||1:23||23||75|
- Private Higher Education Institutions Faculty-Student Ratio. (2019, June 8). Retrieved from https://ched.gov.ph/wp-content/uploads/2019-Private-HEIs-Faculty-Student-Ratio.pdf
- State Universities and Colleges (SUCs) Faculty Student Ratio. (2019, June 8). Retrieved from https://ched.gov.ph/wp-content/uploads/2019-SUCs-Faculty-Student-Ratio.pdf
- November 2019 Midwife Licensure Examination results released in three (3) working days. (2019, November 6). Retrieved from https://www.prc.gov.ph/article/november-2019-midwife-licensure-examination-results-released-three-3-working-days/4207
- August 2019 Special Professional Licensure Examination for Midwives results released . (2019, September 10). Retrieved from https://www.prc.gov.ph/article/august-2019-special-professional-licensure-examination-midwives-results-released/4110
- April 2019 Midwife Licensure Examination results released in three (3) working days. (2019, April 16). Retrieved from https://www.prc.gov.ph/article/april-2019-midwife-licensure-examination-results-released-three-3-working-days/3958
- Accreditation Status of Institutional Members (All Years, 1992-2017). Retrieved from http://www.aaccupqa.org.ph/index.php/about-aaccup/institutional-members/4-institutional-members
- Institutions/Programs that were Granted Various Accredited Status by Region, (2019, July 4). Retrieved from https://drive.google.com/file/d/1uQi3ioO1duYpDC8CAfpZ821QDtTem4dS/view
- Philippine Accrediting Association of Schools, Colleges and Universities. Retrieved from http://paascu.org.ph/?page_id=119