The ranking of the best electronics engineering schools in the Philippines for 2017 has been released, which currently features 23 of the 218 colleges and universities offering undergraduate programs in electronics engineering and electronics and communications engineering.
De La Salle University-Manila led the list of the top electronics engineering schools in 2017 with 72.0 percent. Mindanao State University-Iligan Institute of Technology followed with 71.50 percent while University of Santo Tomas and Mapua Institute of Technology-Manila ranked third and fourth with 64.69 percent and 64.0 percent, respectively. University of the Philippines-Diliman landed fifth with 62.49 percent overall score. De La Salle University-Manila, Mindanao State University-Iligan Institute of Technology and Mapua Institute of Technology-Manila are currently Centers of Excellence for Electronics Engineering while University of Santo Tomas is accredited as Center of Development, as declared by the Commission on Higher Education (CHED). University of the Philippines-Diliman presently holds neither COE nor COD accreditation status.
The rankings are based on the results of two electronics engineering licensure examinations this year (April and October) plus other factors including level of accreditation and faculty-student ratio to find out which electronics and electronics and communications engineering schools have the most valuable programs to produce batch of examinees with high electronics engineering licensure examination passing rate.
The ranking uses the same performance indicators as the Local Pulse School Rankings, however the weightings for number of examinees were adjusted to reflect programs with less examinees. Details on the methodology are discussed here. Other possible factors which are possibly secondary variables in determining the best Philippine schools to study medicine are included in the disclaimer page. Factors such as international linkages, community involvement, employer reputation, research outputs, and research citations per faculty are not part of this study. These variables are assumed to be correlated to the board exam results.
- 26 Best Mechanical Engineering Schools in the Philippines for 2017
- 25 Best Medical Schools in the Philippines for 2017
- Top Philippine Architecture Schools in 2017
- 34 Best Electrical Engineering Schools in PH for 2017
- Best Philippine Schools for Medical Technology 2017
- 2017 University Rankings based on Centers of Development/Excellence
To rank the schools, we took the weighted mean of passing rates of two electronics engineering licensure examinations this year, the number of examinees, and top performing examinees as the overall board exam performance, and faculty-student ratio and accreditation status of the ECE program as other criteria.
Read on to see which schools made the list.
|23 Best Philippine Schools with Electronics Engineering Undergraduate Programs for 2017|
|RANK||SCHOOL||OVERALL SCORE||2017 OVERALL BOARD EXAM PERFORMANCE (70%)||OTHER CRITERIA (30%)|
|PASSED||FAILED||COND||TOTAL||Weighted % PASSED (40%)||Number of Examinees (20%)||With Top Examinees (10%)||Accreditation Level||Accreditation Level Score (20%)||Number of Students per Faculty||Faculty-Student Ratio Score (10%)|
|1||DE LA SALLE UNIVERSITY-MANILA||72.00||103||8||12||123||83.74%||80||100||COE||100||19||85|
|2||MINDANAO STATE UNIVERSITY- ILIGAN INSTITUTE OF TECHNOLOGY||71.50||34||6||0||40||85.00%||40||90||COE||100||18||85|
|3||UNIVERSITY OF SANTO TOMAS||64.69||120||28||11||159||75.47%||90||90||COD||90||21||75|
|4||MAPUA INSTITUTE OF TECHNOLOGY-MANILA||64.00||159||57||24||240||66.25%||100||100||COE||100||25||75|
|5||UNIVERSITY OF THE PHILIPPINES- DILIMAN||62.94||74||1||2||77||96.10%||50||100||Not Accredited||30||16||85|
|6||ATENEO DE MANILA UNIVERSITY- Q.C.||58.74||24||6||4||34||70.59%||30||40||COD||90||11||85|
|7||TECHNOLOGICAL UNIVERSITY OF THE PHILIPPINES-MANILA||56.80||96||37||13||146||65.76%||90||90||Level III||70||23||75|
|8||CENTRAL PHILIPPINE UNIVERSITY||54.89||25||13||3||41||60.98%||40||40||COD||90||16||85|
|9||ATENEO DE NAGA UNIVERSITY||52.07||20||8||0||28||71.43%||30||40||Level II||60||20||75|
|10||PAMANTASAN NG LUNGSOD NG MAYNILA||51.50||28||8||4||40||70.00%||40||40||Independent||60||23||75|
|11||MALAYAN COLLEGES LAGUNA||49.93||37||11||8||56||66.07%||40||40||PTC-ACBET||60||22||75|
|12||POLYTECHNIC UNIVERSITY OF THE PHILIPPINES-TAGUIG||49.60||24||2||3||29||82.76%||30||40||Not Accredited||30||33||65|
|13||DE LA SALLE UNIVERSITY-LIPA||49.59||40||8||7||55||72.73%||40||40||Candidate||40||14||85|
|14||HOLY ANGEL UNIVERSITY||48.00||58||25||8||91||63.74%||60||40||Level II||60||32||65|
|15||UNIVERSITY OF NUEVA CACERES||47.90||19||5||1||25||76.00%||30||40||Not Accredited||30||20||75|
|16||UNIVERSITY OF SAINT LA SALLE||47.37||46||20||8||74||62.16%||50||40||Level I||50||18||85|
|17||MINDANAO STATE UNIVERSITY- GEN. SANTOS CITY||46.50||25||9||6||40||62.50%||40||40||Level I||50||21||75|
|18||UNIVERSITY OF SOUTHEASTERN PHILIPPINES-DAVAO CITY||45.95||14||6||2||22||63.64%||30||40||Level II||60||50||45|
|19||POLYTECHNIC UNIVERSITY OF THE PHILIPPINES-STO. TOMAS||45.69||27||5||5||37||72.97%||30||40||Not Accredited||30||33||65|
|20||ATENEO DE DAVAO UNIVERSITY||45.17||14||3||4||21||66.66%||30||40||Not Accredited||30||16||85|
|21||TECHNOLOGICAL UNIVERSITY OF THE PHILIPPINES-VISAYAS||45.03||64||25||4||93||68.82%||60||40||Not Accredited||30||23||75|
|22||POLYTECHNIC UNIVERSITY OF THE PHILIPPINES-STA. ROSA||44.28||25||5||6||36||69.44%||30||40||Not Accredited||30||33||65|
|23||UNIVERSITY OF BAGUIO||41.50||12||5||3||20||60.00%||30||40||Not Accredited||30||29||75|
- Weighted passing rates used were 60% and above, and minimum of 20 examinees
- List of Centers of Excellence and Development. (2017, January 24). Retrieved from http://api.ched.ph/api/v1/download/4323
- Private Higher Education Institutions Faculty-Student Ratio. (2017, April 10). Retrieved from http://api.ched.ph/api/v1/download/4433
- Private Higher Education Institutions Faculty-Student Ratio 2015/2016. (2016). Retrieved from http://api.ched.ph/api/v1/download/2346
- State Universities and Colleges (SUCs) Faculty Student Ratio. (2017, April 10). Retrieved from http://api.ched.ph/api/v1/download/4327
- October 2017 Professional Licensure Board Examination for Electronics Engineers and Electronics Technicians results released. (2017, October 27). Retrieved from http://www.prc.gov.ph/news/?id=7721
- April 2017 Electronics Engineer Licensure Examination results released in three (3) working days. (2017, April 7). Retrieved from http://www.prc.gov.ph/news/?id=6508
- Certified Levels. Institutions that were Granted Institutional Accreditation. (2017, April 25). Retrieved from http://www.pacucoa.ph/Certified%20Levels%20as%20of%20June%202017.pdf
- Philippine Accrediting Association of Schools, Colleges and Universities. Retrieved from http://paascu.org.ph/?page_id=119