The ranking of the best accountancy schools in the Philippines for 2017 has been released, which currently features 20 of the 528 colleges and universities offering undergraduate programs in accountancy.
De La Salle University-Manila led the list of the top performing schools offering accountancy undergraduate programs in 2017 with 88.32 percent. University of Santo Tomas followed with 86.42 percent while University of San Jose-Recoletos and University of the Philippines-Diliman ranked third and fourth with 79.08 percent and 78.95 percent, respectively. Ateneo de Davao University landed fifth with 75.97 percent overall score. De La Salle University-Manila is currently Center of Excellence (COE) for accountancy while University of San Jose-Recoletos is accredited as Center of Development (COD), as declared by the Commission on Higher Education (CHED). University of the Philippines-Diliman presently holds neither COE nor COD accreditation status.
The rankings are based on the results of two certified public accountant licensure examinations this year (May and October) plus other factors including level of accreditation and faculty-student ratio to find out which schools offering undergraduate programs in accountancy have the most valuable degree programs to produce batch of examinees with high certified public accountant (CPA) licensure examination passing rate.
The ranking uses the same performance indicators as the Local Pulse School Rankings, however the weightings for number of examinees were adjusted to reflect programs with less examinees. Details on the methodology are discussed here. Other possible factors which are possibly secondary variables in determining the best Philippine schools to study accountancy are included in the disclaimer page. Factors such as international linkages, community involvement, employer reputation, research outputs, and research citations per faculty are not part of this study. These variables are assumed to be correlated to the board exam results.
- 23 Best Electronics Engineering Schools in the Philippines for 2017
- 26 Best Mechanical Engineering Schools in the Philippines for 2017
- 25 Best Medical Schools in the Philippines for 2017
- Top Philippine Architecture Schools in 2017
- 34 Best Electrical Engineering Schools in PH for 2017
- Best Philippine Schools for Medical Technology 2017
- 22 Best Philippine Schools for Pharmacy in 2017
- 2017 University Rankings based on Centers of Development/Excellence
To rank the schools, we took the weighted mean of passing rates of two C.P.A. licensure examinations this year, the number of examinees, and top performing examinees as the overall board exam performance, and faculty-student ratio and accreditation status of the accountancy undergraduate program as other criteria. Note that the weighted passing rates we used this year were adjusted to 60% and above (unlike the PRC’s 80%), and minimum of 40 examinees (unlike the PRC’s 50 minimum examinees).
Read on to see which schools made the list.
|20 Best Philippine Schools with Accountancy Undergraduate Programs for 2017|
|RANK||SCHOOL||OVERALL SCORE (%)||2017 OVERALL BOARD EXAM PERFORMANCE (70%)||OTHER CRITERIA (30%)|
|PASSED||FAILED||COND||TOTAL||Weighted % PASSED (40%)||Number of Examinees (20%)||With Top Examinees (10%)||Accreditation Level||Accreditation Level Score (20%)||Number of Students per Faculty||Faculty-Student Ratio Score (10%)|
|1||DE LA SALLE UNIVERSITY-MANILA||88.32||180||11||10||201||89.55%||100||40||COE||100||19||85|
|2||UNIVERSITY OF SANTO TOMAS||86.42||412||33||27||472||87.29%||100||100||Level III||70||21||75|
|3||UNIVERSITY OF SAN JOSE- RECOLETOS||79.08||109||42||13||164||66.46%||100||70||COD||90||24||75|
|4||UNIVERSITY OF THE PHILIPPINES- DILIMAN||78.95||72||0||1||73||98.63%||50||90||Independent||60||16||85|
|5||ATENEO DE DAVAO UNIVERSITY||75.97||170||83||14||267||63.67%||100||80||Level III||70||16||85|
|6||UNIVERSITY OF SAN CARLOS||75.16||69||13||0||82||84.15%||60||100||Level II||60||22||75|
|7||FAR EASTERN UNIVERSITY- MANILA||73.64||100||44||9||153||65.36%||90||60||Level IV||80||26||75|
|8||ATENEO DE NAGA UNIVERSITY||71.89||88||27||9||124||70.96%||80||60||Level III||70||20||75|
|9||UNIVERSITY OF SAINT LOUIS- TUGUEGARAO||69.66||90||45||14||149||60.40%||90||40||Level IV||80||27||75|
|10||MINDANAO STATE UNIVERSITY- ILIGAN INSTITUTE OF TECHNOLOGY||68.75||62||25||4||91||68.14%||60||70||Level III||70||18||85|
|11||HOLY ANGEL UNIVERSITY||67.08||97||44||5||146||66.44%||90||40||Level II||60||32||65|
|12||ATENEO DE ZAMBOANGA UNIVERSITY||66.50||45||10||5||60||75.00%||50||40||Level III||70||13||85|
|13||BICOL UNIVERSITY-DARAGA||66.23||63||14||5||82||76.83%||60||40||Level II||60||22||75|
|14||KINGFISHER SCHOOL OF BUSINESS AND FINANCE||64.90||48||2||0||50||96.00%||40||40||Not Accredited||30||18||85|
|15||CHIANG KAI SHEK COLLEGE||63.66||78||17||12||107||72.89%||70||40||Candidate||40||10||85|
|16||MARIANO MARCOS STATE UNIVERSITY-BATAC||62.64||38||15||3||56||67.86%||40||40||Level IV||80||20||75|
|17||UNIVERSITY OF THE PHILIPPINES- VISAYAS-ILOILO CITY||61.36||47||15||8||70||67.14%||50||40||Independent||60||16||85|
|18||CAGAYAN STATE UNIVERSITY- ANDREWS CAMPUS(TUG)||52.82||28||12||1||41||68.29%||40||40||Not Accredited||30||29||75|
|19||MINDANAO STATE UNIVERSITY- MARAWI CITY||51.98||41||19||7||67||61.20%||50||40||Not Accredited||30||21||75|
|20||POLYTECHNIC UNIVERSITY OF THE PHILIPPINES-TAGUIG||48.35||31||17||4||52||60.00%||40||40||Not Accredited||30||33||65|
- List of Centers of Excellence and Development. (2017, January 24). Retrieved from http://api.ched.ph/api/v1/download/4323
- Private Higher Education Institutions Faculty-Student Ratio. (2017, April 10). Retrieved from http://api.ched.ph/api/v1/download/4433
- Private Higher Education Institutions Faculty-Student Ratio 2015/2016. (2016). Retrieved from http://api.ched.ph/api/v1/download/2346
- State Universities and Colleges (SUCs) Faculty Student Ratio. (2017, April 10). Retrieved from http://api.ched.ph/api/v1/download/4327
- October 2017 Certified Public Accountant Licensure Examination results released in ten (10) working days. (2017, November 2). Retrieved from http://www.prc.gov.ph/news/?id=7724
- May 2017 Certified Public Accountant Licensure Examination results released in five (5) working days. (2017, May 29). Retrieved from http://www.prc.gov.ph/news/?id=6553
- Certified Levels. Institutions that were Granted Institutional Accreditation. (2017, April 25). Retrieved from http://www.pacucoa.ph/Certified%20Levels%20as%20of%20June%202017.pdf
- Philippine Accrediting Association of Schools, Colleges and Universities. Retrieved from http://paascu.org.ph/?page_id=119