Local Pulse has released its first rankings to reflect the best nutrition and dietetics schools in the Philippines for 2018 using overall board exam performance, accreditation status, and faculty-student ratio as criteria.
These well-regarded colleges and universities from around the country have shown strength in producing nutritionist-dietitian professionals this year.
The Local Pulse School Rankings 2018 analyzed 53 colleges and universities across the country offering nutrition and dietetics degree programs. The overall rankings this year for nutrition and dietetics feature just 18 schools with 20 or more examinees and with at least 60% weighted passing percentage.
The ranking uses the same performance indicators as the Local Pulse School Rankings, however the weightings for number of examinees were adjusted to reflect programs with less examinees. The other parts of full methodology can be found here.
Other possible factors which are possibly secondary variables in nature in determining the best Philippine schools for nutrition and dietetics are included in the disclaimer page. Factors such as international linkages, community involvement, employer reputation, research outputs, and research citations per faculty are assumed to be assessed by accrediting agencies such as PACUCOA, PAASCU, AACCUP, and CHED.
University of Santo Tomas and University of the Philippines-Los Baños landed as the top performing schools with 89.50% overall score. Polytechnic University of the Philippines-Main ranked second with 80.64% percentage rating while University of the Philippines Diliman ranked third with 76.50% overall score.
- 17 Best Radiologic Technology Schools in the Philippines for 2018
- 41 Ranked Best Pharmacy Schools in the Philippines 2018
- 22 Best Architecture Schools in the Philippines for 2018
- 2018 University Rankings based on Centers of Development/Excellence
Read on to see which schools made the list.
|18 Best Philippine Schools with Nutrition and Dietetics Programs for 2018|
|RANK||SCHOOL||OVERALL SCORE||OVERALL BOARD EXAM PERFORMANCE (70%)||OTHER CRITERIA (30%)|
|PASSED||FAILED||COND||TOTAL||% PASSED (40%)||No. of Examinees (20%)||With Top Examinees (10%)||Accreditation Level||Accreditation Level Score (20%)||Faculty-Student Ratio (FSR)||No. of Students per Faculty||FSR Score (10%|
|1||UNIVERSITY OF SANTO TOMAS||89.50||70||0||0||70||100.00%||80||90||Level IV||80||1:14||14||85|
|1||UNIVERSITY OF THE PHILIPPINES- LOS BAÑOS||89.50||104||0||0||104||100.00%||100||90||Independent||60||1:15||15||85|
|2||POLYTECHNIC UNIVERSITY OF THE PHILIPPINES-MAIN-STA. MESA||80.64||58||10||2||70||82.86%||80||100||Level III||70||1:27||27||75|
|3||UNIVERSITY OF THE PHILIPPINES- DILIMAN||76.50||35||0||0||35||100.00%||40||80||Independent||60||1:15||15||85|
|4||CENTRO ESCOLAR UNIVERSITY- MANILA||73.69||38||3||1||42||90.48%||50||40||Level IV||80||1:20||20||75|
|5||BENGUET STATE UNIVERSITY-LA TRINIDAD||70.98||32||10||0||42||76.19%||50||40||COD||90||1:17||17||85|
|6||MANILA TYTANA COLLEGES, INC||64.01||31||5||1||37||83.78%||40||40||Level I||50||1:17||17||85|
|7||UNIVERSITY OF SAN CARLOS||63.83||28||2||0||30||93.33%||40||40||Not Accredited||30||1:16||16||85|
|8||UNIVERSITY OF THE IMMACULATE CONCEPTION-DAVAO||63.22||25||2||1||28||89.29%||30||40||Level I||50||1:21||21||75|
|9||SILLIMAN UNIVERSITY||62.00||33||15||0||48||68.75%||50||40||Level II||60||1:10||10||85|
|10||UNIVERSITY OF SOUTHERN MINDANAO-KABACAN||60.48||29||14||0||43||67.44%||50||40||Level II||60||1:21||21||75|
|11||FAR EASTERN UNIVERSITY- NICANOR REYES MEDICAL FOUNDATION||58.50||17||3||0||20||85.00%||30||40||Not Accredited||30||1:10||10||85|
|12||CEBU DOCTORS UNIVERSITY||57.40||39||19||0||58||67.24%||60||40||Not Accredited||30||1:14||14||85|
|13||BATANGAS STATE UNIVERSITY- BATANGAS CITY (PBMIT)||55.07||20||7||1||28||71.43%||30||40||Level I||50||1:33||33||65|
|14||ADVENTIST UNIVERSITY OF THE PHILIPPINES||54.84||22||7||0||29||75.86%||30||40||Not Accredited||30||1:14||14||85|
|15||UNIVERSITY OF THE EAST-MANILA||54.77||15||6||1||22||68.18%||30||40||Level I||50||1:29||29||75|
|16||LOURDES COLLEGE||53.26||13||8||0||21||61.90%||30||40||Level I||50||1:13||13||85|
|17||UNIVERSITY OF SAN AGUSTIN||51.02||19||11||1||31||61.29%||40||40||Not Accredited||30||1:14||14||85|
- Private Higher Education Institutions Faculty-Student Ratio. (2018, June 8). Retrieved from https://ched.gov.ph/wp-content/uploads/2018/07/Private-Higher-Education-Institutions-Faculty-Student-Ratio.pdf
- State Universities and Colleges (SUCs) Faculty Student Ratio. (2018, June 8). Retrieved from https://ched.gov.ph/wp-content/uploads/2018/07/State-Universities-and-Colleges-SUCs-Faculty-Student-Ratio.pdf
- List of Centers of Excellence and Development. (2018, May 8). Retrieved from https://ched.gov.ph/wp-content/uploads/2018/07/List-of-Centers-of-Excellence-and-Development.pdf
- August 2018 Nutritionist-Dietitian Licensure Examination results released in two (2) working days. (2018, August 23). Retrieved from https://www.prc.gov.ph/article/august-2018-nutritionist-dietitian-licensure-examination-results-released-two-2-working-days
- Institutions with Accredited Programs (as of May 2018). Retrieved from https://drive.google.com/file/d/12DBK6obVT1EgoeAXU3sI4pfKB_02emfJ/view
- Philippine Accrediting Association of Schools, Colleges and Universities. Retrieved from http://paascu.org.ph/?page_id=119
- Accreditation Status of Institutional Members (All Years, 1992-2017). (2018). Retrieved from http://www.aaccupqa.org.ph/index.php/about-aaccup/2-uncategorised/73-accreditation-status-of-institutional-members-all-years-1992-2017