(Updated: 5:25 p.m., Jul. 19, 2019) The ranking of the best chemical engineering schools in the Philippines for 2018 has been released, which currently featured only 17 out of the 40 colleges and universities offering programs in chemical engineering.
University of the Philippines-Diliman still led the list of the best schools offering chemical engineering programs in 2018 with 94.52 percent overall score. University of the Philippines-Los Baños followed with 87.67 percent while De La Salle University-Manila and Mapua University-Manila ranked third and fourth with 86.50% and 82.18% overall scores, respectively. Saint Louis University landed fifth with 81.87 percent overall score. These schools are presently recognized by the Commission on Higher Education (CHED) as Centers of Excellence (COEs) in chemical engineering.
Rounding out the remaining five places for the first top 10 performing schools are the University of Santo Tomas at 6th rank, Batangas State University-Alangilan at 7th, Xavier University at 8th, Adamson University at 9th, and University of San Carlos at 10th.
The ranking is based on the results of two chemical engineer licensure examinations in 2018 (May and November) plus other factors including level of accreditation and faculty-student ratio to find out which schools offering programs in chemical engineering have the most valuable degree programs to produce batch of examinees with high chemical engineer licensure examination passing rates.
The ranking uses the same performance indicators as the Local Pulse School Rankings, however the weightings for number of examinees were adjusted to reflect programs with less examinees. Details on the methodology are discussed here. Other possible factors which are possibly secondary variables in determining the best Philippine schools to study chemical engineering are included in the disclaimer page. Factors such as international linkages, community involvement, employer reputation, research outputs, and research citations per faculty are not part of this study. These variables are assumed to be assessed by accredited agencies such as PACUCOA, PAASCU, AACCUP, and CHEd.
- 8 Ranked Best Dentistry Schools in the Philippines for 2018
- 67 ranked Best Secondary Education Schools in the Philippines for 2018
- 24 ranked Best Elementary Education Schools in the Philippines for 2018
- 43 Ranked Best Nursing Schools in the Philippines for 2018
- 22 Ranked Best Psychology Schools in the Philippines for 2018
- 31 Ranked Best Civil Engineering Schools in the Philippines for 2018
- 24 Ranked Best Medical Schools in the Philippines for 2018
- 33 Ranked Best Medical Technology Schools in the Philippines for 2018
- 5 Ranked Best Optometry Schools in the Philippines for 2018
- 14 Best Agricultural & Biosystems Engineering Schools in the Philippines for 2018
- 10 Best Agriculture Schools in the Philippines for 2018
- 29 Ranked Best Philippines Schools to Become Registered Master Electrician for 2018
- 8 Placed Best Respiratory Therapy Schools in the Philippines for 2018
- 7 Ranked Best Veterinary Medicine Schools in the Philippines for 2018
- 7 Best Occupational Therapy Schools in the Philippines for 2018
- 37 Ranked Best Electrical Engineering Schools in the Philippines for 2018
- 39 Best Mechanical Engineering Schools in the Philippines for 2018
- 23 Ranked Best Physical Therapy Schools in the Philippines for 2018
- 18 Best Nutrition and Dietetics Schools in the Philippines for 2018
- 17 Best Radiologic Technology Schools in the Philippines for 2018
- 41 Ranked Best Pharmacy Schools in the Philippines 2018
- 22 Best Architecture Schools in the Philippines for 2018
- 2018 University Rankings based on Centers of Development/Excellence
To rank the schools, we took the weighted passing rates of the two chemical engineer licensure examinations in 2018, the number of examinees, and top performing examinees as the overall board exam performance, and faculty-student ratio and accreditation status of the chemical engineering program as other criteria. Note that the passing rates we used in 2018 were adjusted to 60% and above (unlike the PRC’s 80%), and minimum of 20 examinees (unlike the PRC’s 50 minimum examinees).
Read on to see which schools made the list.
|17 Best Philippine Schools with Chemical Engineering Programs for 2018|
|RANK||SCHOOL||OVERALL SCORE||OVERALL BOARD EXAM PERFORMANCE (70%)||OTHER CRITERIA (30)|
|PASSED||FAILED||TOTAL||Weighted % PASSED (40%)||No. of Examinees (20%)||With Top Examinees (10%)||Accreditation Level||Accreditation Level Score (20%)||Faculty-Student Ratio (FSR)||No. of Students per Faculty||FSR Score (10%)|
|1||UNIVERSITY OF THE PHILIPPINES- DILIMAN||94.52||77||4||81||95.06%||90||100||COE||100||1:15||15||85|
|2||UNIVERSITY OF THE PHILIPPINES- LOS BAÑOS||87.67||74||18||92||80.43%||100||90||COD||90||1:15||15||85|
|3||DE LA SALLE UNIVERSITY-MANILA||86.50||38||2||40||95.00%||50||100||COE||100||1:14||14||85|
|5||SAINT LOUIS UNIVERSITY||81.87||118||61||179||65.92%||100||100||COD||90||1:28||28||75|
|6||UNIVERSITY OF SANTO TOMAS||80.92||108||44||152||71.06%||100||40||COE||100||1:14||14||85|
|7||BATANGAS STATE UNIVERSITY-ALANGILAN||75.79||82||30||112||73.22%||100||70||Level II||60||1:27||27||75|
|10||UNIVERSITY OF SAN CARLOS||72.50||17||3||20||85.00%||30||40||COE||100||1:16||16||85|
|11||UNIVERSITY OF THE PHILIPPINES- VISAYAS-ILOILO CITY||68.18||33||4||37||89.19%||40||40||Independent||60||1:15||15||85|
|12||CENTRAL PHILIPPINE UNIVERSITY||67.07||15||6||21||71.43%||30||60||COD||90||1:13||13||85|
|13||BICOL UNIVERSITY-LEGAZPI||61.02||37||21||58||63.80%||60||40||Level II||60||1:23||23||75|
|14||ATENEO DE DAVAO UNIVERSITY||59.36||23||14||37||62.16%||40||40||Level III||70||1:14||14||85|
|15||COLEGIO SAN AGUSTIN-BACOLOD CITY||58.98||16||5||21||76.19%||30||40||Level I||50||1:14||14||85|
|16||MALAYAN COLLEGES LAGUNA||56.76||24||14||38||63.16%||40||40||PTC-ACBET (Partial)||60||1:22||22||75|
|17||MINDANAO STATE UNIVERSITY- MARAWI CITY||52.19||18||8||26||69.23%||30||40||Not Accredited||30||1:19||19||85|
- Private Higher Education Institutions Faculty-Student Ratio. (2018, June 8). Retrieved from https://ched.gov.ph/wp-content/uploads/2018/07/Private-Higher-Education-Institutions-Faculty-Student-Ratio.pdf
- State Universities and Colleges (SUCs) Faculty Student Ratio. (2018, June 8). Retrieved from https://ched.gov.ph/wp-content/uploads/2018/07/State-Universities-and-Colleges-SUCs-Faculty-Student-Ratio.pdf
- List of Centers of Excellence and Development. (2018, May 8). Retrieved from https://ched.gov.ph/wp-content/uploads/2018/07/List-of-Centers-of-Excellence-and-Development.pdf
- November 2018 Chemical Engineer Licensure Examination results released in two (2) working days. (2018, November 28). Retrieved from https://prc.gov.ph/article/november-2018-chemical-engineer-licensure-examination-results-released-two-2-working-days
- May 2018 Chemical Engineer Licensure Examination results released in two (2) working days. (2018, May 29). Retrieved from https://www.prc.gov.ph/article/may-2018-chemical-engineer-licensure-examination-results-released-two-2-working-days/2124
- Institutions with Accredited Programs (as of September 2018). Retrieved from https://drive.google.com/file/d/12DBK6obVT1EgoeAXU3sI4pfKB_02emfJ/view
- Philippine Accrediting Association of Schools, Colleges and Universities. Retrieved from http://paascu.org.ph/?page_id=119
- Institutions with Accredited Programs (as of September, 2018). Retrieved from https://drive.google.com/file/d/1IQzBJKBfTMcMTiyCulBTzmyP1Uv85Vd3/view