The ranking of the best architecture schools in the Philippines for 2017 has been released, which currently features only 17 out of the 96 colleges and universities offering undergraduate programs in architecture.
University of the Philippines Diliman led the list of the top performing schools offering architecture undergraduate programs in 2017 with 78.50 percent overall score. University of Santo Tomas followed with 77.57 percent while University of the Philippines Mindanao and Technological University of the Philippines-Manila ranked third and fourth with 70.50% and 65.77% overall scores, respectively. University of San Carlos landed fifth with 61.66 percent overall score.
The rankings are based on the results of two licensure examinations in 2017 (January and June) plus other factors including level of accreditation and faculty-student ratio to find out which schools offering undergraduate programs in architecture have the most valuable degree programs to produce batch of examinees with high architecture licensure examination (ALE) passing rates.
The ranking uses the same performance indicators as the Local Pulse School Rankings, however the weightings for number of examinees were adjusted to reflect programs with less examinees. Details on the methodology are discussed here. Other possible factors which are possibly secondary variables in determining the best Philippine schools to study architecture are included in the disclaimer page. Factors such as international linkages, community involvement, employer reputation, research outputs, and research citations per faculty are not part of this study. These variables are assumed to be assessed by accredited agencies such as PACUCOA, PAASCU, and AACCUP.
- 29 Best Criminology Schools in the Philippines for 2017
- 49 Best Nursing Schools in the Philippines for 2017
- 57 Best Secondary Education Schools in the Philippines for 2017
- 28 Best Elementary Education Schools in the Philippines for 2017
- 39 Best Psychology Schools in the Philippines for 2017
- 20 Best Accountancy Schools in the Philippines for 2017
- 23 Best Electronics Engineering Schools in the Philippines for 2017
- 26 Best Mechanical Engineering Schools in the Philippines for 2017
- 25 Best Medical Schools in the Philippines for 2017
- Top Philippine Architecture Schools in 2017
- 34 Best Electrical Engineering Schools in PH for 2017
- Best Philippine Schools for Medical Technology 2017
- 22 Best Philippine Schools for Pharmacy in 2017
- 2017 University Rankings based on Centers of Development/Excellence
To rank the schools, we took the weighted passing rates of the two architecture licensure examinations (ALE) in 2017, the number of examinees, and top performing examinees as the overall board exam performance, and faculty-student ratio and accreditation status of the architecture undergraduate program as other criteria. Note that the passing rates we used for 2017 architecture licensure examinations were adjusted to 60% and above (unlike the PRC’s 80%), and minimum of 20 examinees (unlike the PRC’s 50 minimum examinees).
Read on to see which schools made the list.
|17 Best Philippine Schools with Architecture Programs for 2017|
|RANK||SCHOOL||OVERALL SCORE||2017 OVERALL BOARD EXAM PERFORMANCE (70%)||OTHER CRITERIA (30%)|
|PASSED||FAILED||TOTAL||Weighted % PASSED (40%)||Number of Examinees (20%)||With Top Examinees (10%)||Accreditation Level||Accreditation Level Score (20%)||Number of Students per Faculty||Faculty-Student Ratio Score (10%)|
|1||UNIVERSITY OF THE PHILIPPINES- DILIMAN||78.50||65||0||65||100.00%||40||100||Independent||60||16||85|
|2||UNIVERSITY OF SANTO TOMAS||77.57||296||62||358||82.68%||100||70||Level I||50||21||75|
|3||UNIVERSITY OF THE PHILIPPINES- MINDANAO||70.50||35||0||35||100.00%||30||40||Independent||60||16||85|
|4||TECHNOLOGICAL UNIVERSITY OF THE PHILIPPINES-MANILA||65.77||82||34||116||70.69%||60||60||Level II||60||23||75|
|5||UNIVERSITY OF SAN CARLOS||61.66||78||29||107||72.90%||50||90||Not Accredited||30||22||75|
|6||MAPUA INSTITUTE OF TECHNOLOGY-MANILA||60.92||64||23||87||73.56%||50||40||Level I||50||25||75|
|7||ATENEO DE DAVAO UNIVERSITY||60.30||38||13||51||74.51%||40||80||Not Accredited||30||16||85|
|8||PAMANTASAN NG LUNGSOD NG MAYNILA||59.74||48||20||68||70.59%||40||100||Not Accredited||30||23||75|
|9||DE LA SALLE UNIVERSITY- DASMARIÑAS||58.50||36||9||45||80.00%||30||40||Candidate||40||19||85|
|10||SAINT LOUIS UNIVERSITY||58.35||84||46||130||64.61%||60||80||Not Accredited||30||37||65|
|11||POLYTECHNIC UNIVERSITY OF THE PHILIPPINES-MAIN-STA. MESA||57.39||91||35||126||72.22%||60||40||Not Accredited||30||33||65|
|12||DE LA SALLE UNIVERSITY- COLLEGE OF SAINT BENILDE||56.22||28||11||39||71.80%||30||70||Not Accredited||30||13||85|
|13||UNIVERSITY OF SAINT LOUIS- TUGUEGARAO||54.80||18||5||23||78.26%||30||40||Not Accredited||30||27||75|
|14||MINDANAO UNIVERSITY OF SCIENCE & TECHNOLOGY-CDO||52.30||18||7||25||72.00%||30||40||Not Accredited||30||25||75|
|15||PALAWAN STATE UNIVERSITY-P. PRINCESA||50.77||15||7||22||68.18%||30||40||Not Accredited||30||24||75|
|16||COLUMBAN COLLEGE||50.59||15||8||23||65.22%||30||40||Not Accredited||30||19||85|
|17||CAPIZ STATE UNIVERSITY-MAIN CAMPUS||50.17||18||9||27||66.67%||30||40||Not Accredited||30||24||75|
- List of Centers of Excellence and Development. (2017, January 24). Retrieved from http://api.ched.ph/api/v1/download/4323
- Private Higher Education Institutions Faculty-Student Ratio. (2017, April 10). Retrieved from http://api.ched.ph/api/v1/download/4433
- Private Higher Education Institutions Faculty-Student Ratio 2015/2016. (2016). Retrieved from http://api.ched.ph/api/v1/download/2346
- State Universities and Colleges (SUCs) Faculty Student Ratio. (2017, April 10). Retrieved from http://api.ched.ph/api/v1/download/4327
- June 2017 Architect Licensure Examination Results Released In Two (2) Working Days. Retrieved from http://www.prc.gov.ph/news/?id=7586
- January 2017 Architect Licensure Examination results released in five (5) working days. Retrieved from http://www.prc.gov.ph/news/?id=6451
- Certified Levels. Institutions that were Granted Institutional Accreditation. (2017, April 25). Retrieved from http://www.pacucoa.ph/Certified%20Levels%20as%20of%20June%202017.pdf
- Philippine Accrediting Association of Schools, Colleges and Universities. Retrieved from http://paascu.org.ph/?page_id=119