The ranking of the Best Nutrition and Dietetics Schools in the Philippines for 2019 has been released, which currently featured only 16 out of the 57 colleges and universities offering nutrition and dietetics undergraduate programs.
The University of Santo Tomas took the lead for nutrition and dietetics with a 93.12% overall score after considering their performance in the 2019 nutritionist-dietitian licensure examination, accreditation status, and faculty-student ratio.
The University of the Philippines-Los Baños made the 2nd rank on the list for 2019 with an 89.50% overall score, ahead of Polytechnic University of the Philippines-Main at 3rd rank with an 89.40% overall score, Centro Escolar University-Manila at 4th rank with 79.38%, and the University of the Philippines-Diliman at 5th rank with 78.50%.
Rounding out the remaining five places for the first 10 best nutrition and dietetics schools are the Benguet State University-La Trinidad at 6th rank, Central Mindanao University in Bukidnon at 7th, Philippine Women’s University at 8th, Silliman University in Dumaguete City at 9th, and the University of the Immaculate Conception-Davao at 10th.
The list is based on the results of the August 2019 nutritionist-dietitian licensure examination plus other factors including accreditation status of the program and faculty-student ratio to find out which schools offering nutrition and dietetics programs have the most valuable degree programs to produce a batch of examinees with a high nutritionist-dietitian licensure examination passing rate.
The ranking uses the same performance indicators as the Local Pulse School Rankings, however, the weightings for a number of examinees were adjusted to reflect programs with fewer examinees. Details on the methodology are discussed here. Other possible factors that are possibly secondary variables in determining the best Philippine schools to study nutrition and dietetics are included in the disclaimer page. Factors such as international linkages, community involvement, employer reputation, research outputs, and research citations per faculty are not part of this study. These variables are assumed to be assessed by accrediting agencies such as PACUCOA, PAASCU, AACCUP, and CHED.
- 7 rank Best Interior Design Schools in the Philippines for 2019
- 19 rank Best Social Work Schools in the Philippines for 2019
- 5 rank Best Customs Administration Schools in the Philippines for 2019
- 6 rank Best Veterinary Medicine Schools in the Philippines for 2019
- 4 rank Best Aeronautical Engineering Schools in the Philippines for 2019
- 4 rank Best Agricultural & Biosystems Engineering Schools in the Philippines for 2019
- 10 rank Best Geodetic Engineering Schools in the Philippines for 2019
- 6 rank Best Fisheries Technology Schools in the Philippines for 2019
- 44 rank Best Secondary Education Schools in the Philippines for 2019
- 40 rank Best Elementary Education Schools in the Philippines for 2019
- 10 Best Agriculture Schools in the Philippines for 2019
- 7 Rank Best Dentistry Schools in the Philippines for 2019
- 17 Rank Best Chemical Engineering Schools in the Philippines for 2019
- 55 rank Best Nursing Schools in the Philippines for 2019
- 20 rank Best Civil Engineering Schools in the Philippines for 2019
- 23 rank Best Midwifery Schools in the Philippines for 2019
- 8 rank Best Respiratory Therapy Schools in the Philippines for 2019
- 11 rank Best Philippine Schools to Become a Psychologist for 2019
- 6 rank 2019 Best Optometry Schools in the Philippines
- 24 Rank Best Electronics Engineering Schools in the Philippines for 2019
- 5 Ranked Best Accountancy Schools in the Philippines for 2019
- 31 Ranked Best Medical Technology Schools in the Philippines for 2019
- 49 Ranked Best Electrical Engineering Schools in the Philippines for 2019
- 40 Best Mechanical Engineering Schools in the Philippines for 2019
- 10 Ranked Best Physical Therapy Schools in the Philippines for 2019
- 12 Best Radiologic Technology Schools in the Philippines for 2019
- 15 Best Architecture Schools in the Philippines for 2019
- 2019 University Rankings based on Centers of Development/Excellence
To rank the schools, we took the passing rate of the August 2019 nutritionist-dietitian licensure examination, number of examinees, and top performing examinees as the overall board exam performance, and faculty-student ratio and accreditation status of nutrition and dietetics as other criteria. Note that the weighted passing rates we used for the August 2019 nutritionist-dietitian licensure examination were adjusted to 65% and above (unlike the PRC’s 80%), and a minimum of 10 examinees (unlike the PRC’s 50 minimum examinees).
Read on to see which schools made the list.
|16 Best Philippine Schools to Study Nutrition and Dietetics for 2019|
|OVERALL BOARD EXAM PERFORMANCE (70%)||OTHER CRITERIA (30%)|
|RANK||OVERALL SCORE (%)||PASSED||FAILED||COND||TOTAL||Weighted Ave. (PASSED) (40%)||No. of Examinees (20%)||With Top Examinees (10%)||Accreditation Level||Accr. Level Score (20%)||Faculty-Student Ratio (FSR)||No. of Students per Faculty||FSR Score (10%)|
|1||UNIVERSITY OF SANTO TOMAS||93.12||104||0||1||105||99.05%||100||90||Level IV||80||1:15||15||85|
|2||UNIVERSITY OF THE PHILIPPINES-LOS BANOS||89.50||110||0||0||110||100.00%||100||90||Independent||60||1:15||15||85|
|3||POLYTECHNIC UNIVERSITY OF THE PHILIPPINES-MAIN||89.40||106||3||0||109||97.25%||100||100||Level III||70||1:31||31||65|
|4||CENTRO ESCOLAR UNIVERSITY-MANILA||79.38||59||3||2||64||92.19%||70||40||Level IV||80||1:19||19||85|
|5||UNIVERSITY OF THE PHILIPPINES-DILIMAN||78.50||30||0||0||30||100.00%||50||80||Independent||60||1:15||15||85|
|6||BENGUET STATE UNIVERSITY-LA TRINIDAD||77.62||53||8||3||64||82.81%||70||40||COD||90||1:18||18||85|
|7||CENTRAL MINDANAO UNIVERSITY||71.90||24||0||1||25||96.00%||50||40||Level II||60||1:20||20||75|
|8||PHILIPPINE WOMEN'S UNIVERSITY-MANILA||71.83||14||1||0||15||93.33%||40||40||Level III||70||1:15||15||85|
|9||SILLIMAN UNIVERSITY||70.27||32||10||1||43||74.42%||60||80||Level II||60||1:10||10||85|
|10||UNIVERSITY OF THE IMMACULATE CONCEPTION-DAVAO||70.17||22||2||0||24||91.67%||40||70||Level I||50||1:18||18||85|
|11||MANILA TYTANA COLLEGES, INC||66.44||28||5||0||33||84.85%||50||40||Level I||50||1:15||15||85|
|12||ADVENTIST UNIVERSITY OF THE PHILIPPINES||65.09||26||8||0||34||76.47%||50||100||Not Accredited||30||1:17||17||85|
|13||LOURDES COLLEGE||61.27||10||2||1||13||76.92%||40||40||Level I||50||1:11||11||85|
|14||UNIVERSITY OF SAN CARLOS||58.50||21||7||0||28||75.00%||50||40||Not Accredited||30||1:16||16||85|
|15||FAR EASTERN UNIVERSITY-NICANOR REYES MEDICAL FOUNDATION||55.64||19||5||4||28||67.86%||50||40||Not Accredited||30||1:10||10||85|
|16||UNIVERSITY OF SAN AGUSTIN||54.65||17||7||2||26||65.38%||50||40||Not Accredited||30||1:14||14||85|
- 2019 List of Centers of Excellence and Development. (2019, May 8). Retrieved from https://ched.gov.ph/wp-content/uploads/2019-List-of-COE-and-CODs.pdf
- Private Higher Education Institutions Faculty-Student Ratio. (2019, June 8). Retrieved from https://ched.gov.ph/wp-content/uploads/2019-Private-HEIs-Faculty-Student-Ratio.pdf
- State Universities and Colleges (SUCs) Faculty Student Ratio. (2019, June 8). Retrieved from https://ched.gov.ph/wp-content/uploads/2019-SUCs-Faculty-Student-Ratio.pdf
- August 2019 Nutritionist-Dietitian Licensure Examination results released in two (2) working days. (2019, August 22). Retrieved from https://www.prc.gov.ph/article/august-2019-nutritionist-dietitian-licensure-examination-results-released-two-2-working-days
- Accreditation Status of Institutional Members (All Years, 1992-2017). Retrieved from http://www.aaccupqa.org.ph/index.php/about-aaccup/institutional-members/4-institutional-members
- Institutions/Programs that were Granted Various Accredited Status by Region, (2019, July 4). Retrieved from https://drive.google.com/file/d/1uQi3ioO1duYpDC8CAfpZ821QDtTem4dS/view
- Philippine Accrediting Association of Schools, Colleges and Universities. Retrieved from http://paascu.org.ph/?page_id=119