The ranking of the Best Forestry Schools in the Philippines for 2019 has been released, which currently featured only 15 out of the 67 colleges and universities offering forestry undergraduate programs.
The University of the Philippines-Los Baños took the lead for forestry with a 98.23% overall score after considering their performance in the 2019 forester licensure examinations, accreditation status, and faculty-student ratio. The institution is one of the 3 colleges and universities accredited by the Commission on Higher Education (CHED) as Centers of Excellence (COE) in forestry.
Nueva Vizcaya State University-Bayombong made the 2nd rank on the list for 2019 with an 80.00% overall score, ahead of the University of Southeastern Philippines-Tagum at 3rd rank with a 77.98% overall score, Caraga State University in Butuan City at 4th rank with 75.61%, and Central Mindanao University at 5th rank with 70.27%. The Nueva Vizcaya State University-Bayombong and Central Mindanao University are also accredited by CHED as Centers of Excellence (COE) in forestry while the University of Southeastern Philippines-Tagum is accredited as Center of Development.
Rounding out the remaining five places for the first 10 best criminology schools are the Isabela State University-Cabagan at 6th rank, Mariano Marcos State University-Batac at 7th, Mindanao State University-Marawi City at 8th, West Visayas State University-La Paz at 9th, and Southern Luzon State University-Lucban at 10th.
The list is based on the results of the forester licensure examination in September 2019 plus other factors including accreditation status of the program and faculty-student ratio to find out which schools offering forestry programs have the most valuable degree programs to produce a batch of examinees with a high forester licensure examination passing rate.
The ranking uses the same performance indicators as the Local Pulse School Rankings, however, the weightings for a number of examinees were adjusted to reflect programs with fewer examinees. Details on the methodology are discussed here. Other possible factors that are possibly secondary variables in determining the best Philippine schools to study forestry are included in the disclaimer page. Factors such as international linkages, community involvement, employer reputation, research outputs, and research citations per faculty are not part of this study. These variables are assumed to be assessed by accrediting agencies such as PACUCOA, PAASCU, AACCUP, and CHED.
- 70 rank Best Criminology Schools in the Philippines for 2019
- 7 rank Best Interior Design Schools in the Philippines for 2019
- 19 rank Best Social Work Schools in the Philippines for 2019
- 5 rank Best Customs Administration Schools in the Philippines for 2019
- 6 rank Best Veterinary Medicine Schools in the Philippines for 2019
- 4 rank Best Aeronautical Engineering Schools in the Philippines for 2019
- 4 rank Best Agricultural & Biosystems Engineering Schools in the Philippines for 2019
- 10 rank Best Geodetic Engineering Schools in the Philippines for 2019
- 6 rank Best Fisheries Technology Schools in the Philippines for 2019
- 44 rank Best Secondary Education Schools in the Philippines for 2019
- 40 rank Best Elementary Education Schools in the Philippines for 2019
- 10 Best Agriculture Schools in the Philippines for 2019
- 7 Rank Best Dentistry Schools in the Philippines for 2019
- 17 Rank Best Chemical Engineering Schools in the Philippines for 2019
- 55 rank Best Nursing Schools in the Philippines for 2019
- 20 rank Best Civil Engineering Schools in the Philippines for 2019
- 23 rank Best Midwifery Schools in the Philippines for 2019
- 8 rank Best Respiratory Therapy Schools in the Philippines for 2019
- 11 rank Best Philippine Schools to Become a Psychologist for 2019
- 6 rank 2019 Best Optometry Schools in the Philippines
- 24 Rank Best Electronics Engineering Schools in the Philippines for 2019
- 5 Ranked Best Accountancy Schools in the Philippines for 2019
- 31 Ranked Best Medical Technology Schools in the Philippines for 2019
- 49 Ranked Best Electrical Engineering Schools in the Philippines for 2019
- 40 Best Mechanical Engineering Schools in the Philippines for 2019
- 10 Ranked Best Physical Therapy Schools in the Philippines for 2019
- 12 Best Radiologic Technology Schools in the Philippines for 2019
- 15 Best Architecture Schools in the Philippines for 2019
- 2019 University Rankings based on Centers of Development/Excellence
To rank the schools, we took the passing rates of the September 2019 Forester Licensure Examination, the number of examinees, and top performing examinees as the overall board exam performance, and faculty-student ratio and accreditation status of forestry as other criteria. Note that the passing rates we used for the forester licensure examination were adjusted to 60% and above (unlike the PRC’s 80%), and a minimum of 20 examinees (unlike the PRC’s 50 minimum examinees).
Read on to see which schools made the list.
|15 Best Philippine Schools to Study Forestry for 2019|
|OVERALL BOARD EXAM PERFORMANCE (70%)||OTHER CRITERIA (30%)|
|RANK||OVERALL SCORE (%)||PASSED||FAILED||TOTAL||Weighted Ave. (PASSED) (40%)||No. of Examinees (20%)||With Top Examinees (10%)||Accreditation Level||Accr. Level Score (20%)||Faculty-Student Ratio (FSR)||No. of Students per Faculty||FSR Score (10%)|
|1||UNIVERSITY OF THE PHILIPPINES-LOS BANOS||98.23||147||1||148||99.32%||100||100||COE||100||1:15||15||85|
|2||NUEVA VIZCAYA STATE UNIVERSITY-BAYOMBONG||80.00||77||24||101||76.24%||80||60||COE||100||1:23||23||75|
|3||UNIVERSITY OF SOUTHEASTERN PHILIPPINES-TAGUM||77.98||64||20||84||76.19%||70||90||COD||90||1:30||30||65|
|4||CARAGA STATE UNIVERSITY-BUTUAN CITY||75.61||115||43||158||72.78%||100||70||Level II||60||1:21||21||75|
|5||CENTRAL MINDANAO UNIVERSITY||70.27||20||6||26||76.92%||40||40||COE||100||1:20||20||75|
|6||ISABELA STATE UNIVERSITY-CABAGAN||67.47||48||14||62||77.42%||60||40||Level III||70||1:38||38||65|
|7||MARIANO MARCOS STATE UNIVERSITY-BATAC||66.83||17||7||24||70.83%||40||40||COD||90||1:14||14||85|
|8||MINDANAO STATE UNIVERSITY-MARAWI CITY||66.19||71||28||99||71.72%||70||90||Not Accredited||30||1:17||17||85|
|9||WEST VISAYAS STATE UNIVERSITY-LA PAZ||65.85||29||8||37||78.38%||40||40||Level III||70||1:17||17||85|
|10||SOUTHERN LUZON STATE UNIVERSITY-LUCBAN||65.33||16||7||23||69.57%||40||40||COD||90||1:23||23||75|
|11||MINDANAO STATE UNIVERSITY-NAAWAN||61.28||20||3||23||86.96%||40||40||Not Accredited||30||1:17||17||85|
|12||UNIVERSITY OF SOUTHEASTER PHILIPPINES-BISLIG||59.27||41||16||57||71.93%||50||40||Level I||50||1:30||30||65|
|13||VISAYAS STATE UNIVERSITY-BAYBAY||58.14||25||14||39||64.10%||40||40||Level II||60||1:17||17||85|
|14||MINDANAO STATE UNIVERSITY-BUUG||54.19||18||8||26||69.23%||40||40||Not Accredited||30||1:17||17||85|
|15||BOHOL ISLAND STATE UNIVERSITY-BILAR||53.26||13||8||21||61.90%||40||40||Level I||50||1:32||32||65|
- 2019 List of Centers of Excellence and Development. (2019, May 8). Retrieved from https://ched.gov.ph/wp-content/uploads/2019-List-of-COE-and-CODs.pdf
- Private Higher Education Institutions Faculty-Student Ratio. (2019, June 8). Retrieved from https://ched.gov.ph/wp-content/uploads/2019-Private-HEIs-Faculty-Student-Ratio.pdf
- State Universities and Colleges (SUCs) Faculty Student Ratio. (2019, June 8). Retrieved from https://ched.gov.ph/wp-content/uploads/2019-SUCs-Faculty-Student-Ratio.pdf
- September 2019 Licensure Examination for Foresters Results Released in Two (2) Working Days. (2019, September 9). Retrieved from https://www.prc.gov.ph/article/september-2019-licensure-examination-foresters-results-released-two-2-working-days/4107
- Accreditation Status of Institutional Members (All Years, 1992-2017). Retrieved from http://www.aaccupqa.org.ph/index.php/about-aaccup/institutional-members/4-institutional-members
- Institutions/Programs that were Granted Various Accredited Status by Region, (2019, July 4). Retrieved from https://drive.google.com/file/d/1uQi3ioO1duYpDC8CAfpZ821QDtTem4dS/view
- Philippine Accrediting Association of Schools, Colleges and Universities. Retrieved from http://paascu.org.ph/?page_id=119