The ranking of the best agricultural and biosystems engineering schools in the Philippines for 2018 has been released, which currently features only 14 out of the 61 colleges and universities offering undergraduate programs in agricultural and biosystems engineering.
University of the Philippines-Los Baños took the lead for agricultural and biosystems engineering with 89.65% overall score after considering their performance in the annual agricultural and biosystems engineer licensure examination this year, accreditation status, and faculty-student ratio.
Central Luzon State University made the 2nd rank on the list for 2018, ahead of the University of the Southeastern Philippines-Tagum at 3rd rank, Mindanao State University-General Santos City at 4th rank, and Benguet State University-La Trinidad at 5th rank. Rounding out the remaining five places for the top 10 performing schools are the Visayas State University-Baybay at 6th rank, Central Mindanao University at 7th, Central Bicol State University of Agriculture-Pili at 8th, Caraga State University-Butuan City at 9th, and Cagayan State University-Tuguegarao at 10th.
University of the Philippines-Los Baños, Central Luzon State University, and Visayas State University-Baybay are accredited by the Philippine Commission on Higher Education (CHED) as Centers of Excellence
in agricultural engineering.
The list is based on the results of this year’s agricultural and biosystems engineer licensure examinations in August plus other factors including accreditation status of the program and faculty-student ratio to find out which schools offering agricultural and biosystems engineering programs have the most valuable degree programs to produce batch of examinees with high agricultural and biosystems engineer licensure examination passing rates.
The ranking uses the same performance indicators as the Local Pulse School Rankings, however the weightings for number of examinees were adjusted to reflect programs with fewer examinees. Details on the methodology are discussed here. Other possible factors which are possibly secondary variables in determining the best Philippine schools to study agricultural and biosystems engineering are included in the disclaimer page. Factors such as international linkages, community involvement, employer reputation, research outputs, and research citations per faculty are not part of this study. These variables are assumed to be assessed by accrediting agencies such as PACUCOA, PAASCU, AACCUP, and CHED.
- 10 Best Agriculture Schools in the Philippines for 2018
- 29 Ranked Best Philippines Schools to Become Registered Master Electrician for 2018
- 8 Placed Best Respiratory Therapy Schools in the Philippines for 2018
- 7 Ranked Best Veterinary Medicine Schools in the Philippines for 2018
- 7 Best Occupational Therapy Schools in the Philippines for 2018
- 37 Ranked Best Electrical Engineering Schools in the Philippines for 2018
- 39 Best Mechanical Engineering Schools in the Philippines for 2018
- 23 Ranked Best Physical Therapy Schools in the Philippines for 2018
- 18 Best Nutrition and Dietetics Schools in the Philippines for 2018
- 17 Best Radiologic Technology Schools in the Philippines for 2018
- 41 Ranked Best Pharmacy Schools in the Philippines 2018
- 22 Best Architecture Schools in the Philippines for 2018
- 2018 University Rankings based on Centers of Development/Excellence
To rank the schools, we took the weighted passing rate of this year’s agricultural and biosystems engineer licensure examination, number of examinees, and top performing examinees as the overall board exam performance, and faculty-student ratio and accreditation status of agricultural engineering as other criteria. Note that the weighted passing rates we used for August 2018 agricultural and biosystems licensure examination were adjusted to 60% and above (unlike the PRC’s 80%), and minimum of 20 examinees (unlike the PRC’s 50 minimum examinees).
Read on to see which schools made the list.
|14 Best Philippine Schools to Study Agricultural Engineering for 2018|
|RANK||SCHOOL||OVERALL SCORE||OVERALL BOARD EXAM PERFORMANCE (70%)||OTHER CRITERIA (30%)|
|PASSED||FAILED||TOTAL||Weighted % PASSED (40%)||No. of Examinees (20%)||With Top Examinees (10%)||Accreditation Level||Accreditation Level Score (20%)||Faculty-Student Ratio (FSR)||No. of Students per Faculty||FSR Score (10%|
|1||UNIVERSITY OF THE PHILIPPINES-LOS BAÑOS||89.65||46||1||47||97.87%||60||100||COE||100||1:15||15||85|
|2||CENTRAL LUZON STATE UNIVERSITY||84.68||70||17||87||80.46%||100||40||COE||100||1:18||18||85|
|3||UNIVERSITY OF SOUTHEASTERN PHILIPPINES-TAGUM||73.24||42||5||47||89.36%||60||60||Level III||70||1:46||46||55|
|4||MINDANAO STATE UNIVERSITY-GEN. SANTOS CITY||71.71||65||24||89||73.03%||100||40||Level I||50||1:19||19||85|
|5||BENGUET STATE UNIVERSITY-LA TRINIDAD||68.17||26||13||39||66.67%||50||90||Level III||70||1:17||17||85|
|6||VISAYAS STATE UNIVERSITY-BAYBAY||67.60||21||10||31||67.74%||40||40||COE||100||1:17||17||85|
|7||CENTRAL MINDANAO UNIVERSITY||65.74||32||15||47||68.09%||60||40||Level III||70||1:18||18||85|
|8||CENTRAL BICOL STATE UNIV. OF AGRICULTURE-PILI||64.54||19||4||23||82.61%||30||40||Level III||70||1:24||24||75|
|9||CARAGA STATE UNIVERSITY-BUTUAN CITY||62.64||19||9||28||67.86%||40||70||Level II||60||1:18||18||85|
|10||CAGAYAN STATE UNIVERSITY-TUGUEGARAO||62.60||32||19||51||62.75%||70||40||Level II||60||1:24||24||75|
|11||ISABELA STATE UNIVERSITY-ECHAGUE||61.50||21||9||30||70.00%||40||40||Level III||70||1:26||26||75|
|12||UNIVERSITY OF SOUTHERN MINDANAO-KABACAN||60.20||21||13||34||61.76%||50||40||Level III||70||1:21||21||75|
|13||DON MARIANO MARCOS MEMORIAL STATE UNIVERSITY-BACNOTAN||60.17||22||11||33||66.67%||40||40||Level III||70||1:27||27||75|
|14||MINDORO STATE COLLEGE OF AGRICULTURE & TECHNOLOGY-VICTORIA||55.10||16||9||25||64.00%||30||40||Level II||60||1:21||21||75|
- Private Higher Education Institutions Faculty-Student Ratio. (2018, June 8). Retrieved from https://ched.gov.ph/wp-content/uploads/2018/07/Private-Higher-Education-Institutions-Faculty-Student-Ratio.pdf
- State Universities and Colleges (SUCs) Faculty Student Ratio. (2018, June 8). Retrieved from https://ched.gov.ph/wp-content/uploads/2018/07/State-Universities-and-Colleges-SUCs-Faculty-Student-Ratio.pdf
- List of Centers of Excellence and Development. (2018, May 8). Retrieved from https://ched.gov.ph/wp-content/uploads/2018/07/List-of-Centers-of-Excellence-and-Development.pdf
- August 2018 Agricultural and Biosystems Engineer Licensure Examination Results Released in Two (2) Working Days. (2018, August 28). Retrieved from https://www.prc.gov.ph/article/august-2018-agricultural-and-biosystems-engineer-licensure-examination-results-released-two
- Institutions with Accredited Programs (as of May 2018). Retrieved from https://drive.google.com/file/d/12DBK6obVT1EgoeAXU3sI4pfKB_02emfJ/view
- Philippine Accrediting Association of Schools, Colleges and Universities. Retrieved from http://paascu.org.ph/?page_id=119
- Accreditation Status of Institutional Members (All Years, 1992-2017). (2018). Retrieved from http://www.aaccupqa.org.ph/index.php/about-aaccup/2-uncategorised/73-accreditation-status-of-institutional-members-all-years-1992-2017