The ranking of the best radiologic technology schools in the Philippines for 2019 has been released, which currently featured only 12 out of 105 colleges and universities offering undergraduate programs in radiologic technology.
The Liceo de Cagayan University ranked first in the country for the undergraduate program in radiologic technology with an 82.22% overall score based on overall board exam performance (70%), accreditation (20%), and faculty-student ratio (10%). The school is the only institution in the country accredited as Center of Development (COD) in radiologic technology by the Commission on Higher Education (CHED).
The De La Salle Medical and Health Sciences Institute made the 2nd rank on the list for 2019, ahead of Davao Doctors’ College at 3rd rank with an 82.17% overall score, Saint Louis University at 4th rank with 76.62%, and the University of Makati at 5th with a 71.88% overall score.
Rounding out the remaining five places for the first top 10 performing schools are the Calayan Educational Foundation, Inc at 6th rank, Lyceum of the Philippines University-Batangas, Inc. at 7th, the Cebu Doctors’ University at 8th, the Far Eastern University-Nicanor Reyes Foundation at 9th, and College of Our Lady of Mercy of Pulilan Foundation, Inc at 10th.
Schools were ranked according to the recent radiologic technology licensure examination in 2019 plus other factors including level of accreditation and faculty-student ratio to find out which radiologic technology schools have the most valuable undergraduate programs to produce a batch of examinees with high passing rates.
The basis of the ranking of best radiologic technology schools are founded by 5 criteria:
First, the overall yearly school board performance (40%). These results are weighed in and based on the total number of examinees in each examination period. In connection to this, the second criteria, the number of examinees (20%), is also scrutinized as a large number of examinees make the passing percentage rate very hard to maintain.
The third criterion is the ranks of top-performing examinees (10%). Examinees who made it in the list of topnotchers give their schools high scores based on their ranks as consideration.
Level of accreditation (20%) is another thing to consider in the ranking system, as a high accreditation status from governing bodies such as the Philippine Association of Colleges and Universities Commission on Accreditation (PACUCOA), Philippine Accrediting Association of Schools, Colleges and Universities (PAASCU), Accrediting Agency of Chartered Colleges and Universities in the Philippines (AACUP), or Commission on Higher Education (CHEd) recognize the schools as Centers of Excellence and Development with strong and sound curricula and programs related to the course.
The fifth criterion for the best schools is the faculty-student ratio (20%) as studies show the significance of low student-faculty ratio increasing the success rate of examinees achieving high passing rates in licensure examinations.
- 15 Ranked Best Architecture Schools in the Philippines for 2019
- 17 Best Radiologic Technology Schools in the Philippines for 2018
- 2018 University Rankings based on Centers of Development/Excellence
LIST: Best Radiologic Technology Schools in the Philippines for 2019
Read on to see which schools made the list.
|12 Best Radiologic Technology Schools in the Philippines for 2019|
|OVERALL BOARD EXAM PERFORMANCE (70%)||OTHER CRITERIA (30%)|
|RANK||OVERALL SCORE (%)||PASSED||FAILED||TOTAL||% PASSED (40%)||No. of Examinees (20%)||With Top Examinees (10%)||Accreditation Level||Accreditation Level Score (20%)||Faculty-Student Ratio (FSR)||No. of Students per Faculty||FSR Score (10%)|
|1||LICEO DE CAGAYAN UNIVERSITY||82.22||69||18||87||79.31%||100||40||COD||90||1:16||16||85|
|2||DE LA SALLE MEDICAL & HEALTH SCIENCES INSTITUTE||80.17||120||33||154||77.92%||100||90||Level I||50||1:7||7||100|
|3||DAVAO DOCTORS COLLEGE, INC.||76.62||58||10||68||85.29%||80||40||Level III||70||1:12||12||85|
|4||SAINT LOUIS UNIVERSITY||76.49||77||2||79||97.47%||90||40||Candidate||40||1:28||28||75|
|5||UNIVERSITY OF MAKATI||71.88||57||4||61||93.44%||80||40||Not Accredited||30||1:16||16||85|
|6||CALAYAN EDUCATIONAL FOUNDATION INC.||69.17||19||5||24||79.17%||40||90||Level II||60||1:11||11||85|
|7||LYCEUM OF THE PHILIPPINES UNIVERSITY-BATANGAS, INC.||68.23||36||8||44||81.82%||60||40||Level II||60||1:28||28||75|
|8||CEBU DOCTORS UNIVERSITY||64.65||35||6||41||85.37%||60||40||Not Accredited||30||1:14||14||85|
|9||FAR EASTERN UNIVERSITY- NICANOR REYES MEDICAL FOUNDATION||64.63||28||3||31||90.32%||50||40||Not Accredited||30||1:10||10||85|
|10||COLLEGE OF OUR LADY OF MERCY OF PULILAN FOUNDATION, INC- PULILAN||63.00||27||9||36||75.00%||50||70||Not Accredited||30||1:9||9||100|
|11||BOHOL INSTITUTE OF TECHNOLOGY-TAGBILARAN CITY||56.97||28||10||38||73.68%||50||40||Not Accredited||30||1:27||27||75|
|12||BUTUAN DOCTORS COLLEGE||56.13||20||7||27||74.07%||40||40||Not Accredited||30||1:15||15||85|
- Private Higher Education Institutions Faculty-Student Ratio. (2018, June 8). Retrieved from https://ched.gov.ph/wp-content/uploads/2018/07/Private-Higher-Education-Institutions-Faculty-Student-Ratio.pdf
- State Universities and Colleges (SUCs) Faculty Student Ratio. (2018, June 8). Retrieved from https://ched.gov.ph/wp-content/uploads/2018/07/State-Universities-and-Colleges-SUCs-Faculty-Student-Ratio.pdf
- July 2019 Radiologic And X-Ray Technologist Licensure Examinations Results Released in Four (4) Working Days. (2019, August 2). Retrieved from https://www.prc.gov.ph/article/july-2019-radiologic-and-x-ray-technologist-licensure-examinations-results-released-four-4
- Accreditation Status of Institutional Members (All Years, 1992-2017). Retrieved from http://www.aaccupqa.org.ph/index.php/about-aaccup/institutional-members/4-institutional-members
- Institutions/Programs that were Granted Various Accredited Status by Region, (2019, July 4). Retrieved from https://drive.google.com/file/d/1uQi3ioO1duYpDC8CAfpZ821QDtTem4dS/view
- Philippine Accrediting Association of Schools, Colleges and Universities. Retrieved from http://paascu.org.ph/?page_id=119