Want to become a licensed psychologist? Here is the list of 2019 best schools in the Philippines to become one.
Ateneo de Manila University in Quezon City is hailed this year’s No. 1 best school in the country to become a licensed psychologist, after obtaining an overall score of 89.50%. ADMU scored 100% in psychologist licensure examination passing rate, 60% in the number of examinees, 90% in the top-performing examinees, 100% in the accreditation of its program in Master’s Degree in Psychology as being one of the CHED’s Centers of Excellence in Psychology, and 85% in faculty-student ratio.
To become a licensed psychologist, one must be a graduate of Master’s degree in Psychology and has undergone a minimum of two hundred (200) hours of supervised practicum/ internship/clinical experience related to services enumerated in b of Section 3 of R.A. No. 10029 and under auspices of a licensed psychologist or other licensed mental health professional.
De La Salle University in Manila made the 2nd rank with an overall score of 88.60 percent.
The University of Santo Tomas came in 3rd place with an overall score of 83.74 percent.
- 44 rank Best Psychology Schools in the Philippines for 2019
- 6 rank 2019 Best Optometry Schools in the Philippines
- 24 Rank Best Electronics Engineering Schools in the Philippines for 2019
- 5 Ranked Best Accountancy Schools in the Philippines for 2019
- 31 Ranked Best Medical Technology Schools in the Philippines for 2019
- 49 Ranked Best Electrical Engineering Schools in the Philippines for 2019
- 40 Best Mechanical Engineering Schools in the Philippines for 2019
- 10 Ranked Best Physical Therapy Schools in the Philippines for 2019
- 12 Best Radiologic Technology Schools in the Philippines for 2019
- 15 Best Architecture Schools in the Philippines for 2019
- 2019 University Rankings based on Centers of Development/Excellence
University of the Philippines-Diliman (83.50%) made the 4th rank on the list for 2019, ahead of Pamantasan ng Lungsod ng Maynila (75.17%) at 5th rank, Ateneo de Davao University (74.50%) at 6th, University of Negros Occidental-Recoletos (69.17%) at 7th, and the University of the Cordilleras in Baguio City earned the 8th spot with an 68.50% overall score.
Rounding out the remaining two places for the first top 10 performing schools are the University of San Carlos (80.36%) in Ceby City at 9th rank, and Saint Louis University (62.07%) at 10th.
Each school was ranked according to a methodology that assesses five indicators: board exam passing rate, number of examinees, top performing examinees, accreditation, and faculty-student ratio. In this ranking, the school was checked its accreditation status in the Master’s degree in Psychology programs.
Of the 54 colleges and universities featured in the psychologist school ranking, many are private schools, including a total of 3 private schools in the Metro Manila.
To rank the schools, we took the passing rate of psychologist licensure examination in October 2019, the number of examinees, and top-performing examinees as the overall board exam performance, and faculty-student ratio and accreditation status of the Master’s degree in Psychology programs as other criteria. Note that the passing rates we used for the 2019 psychologist licensure examination were at least 70% (unlike to the PRC’s 80%), and a minimum of 5 examinees (unlike the PRC’s 20 minimum examinees in the October 2019 Psychologist Licensure Examination).
Read on for an overview of this year’s best colleges and universities for psycholigists.
|11 Best Philippine Schools with Master's Degree in Psychology|
|OVERALL BOARD EXAM PERFORMANCE (70%)||OTHER CRITERIA (30%)|
|RANK||SCHOOL||OVERALL SCORE (%)||PASSED||FAILED||COND||TOTAL||Weighted Ave. (PASSED) (40%)||No. of Examinees (20%)||With Top Examinees (10%)||Accreditation Level||Accreditation Level Score (20%)||Faculty-Student Ratio (FSR)||No. of Students per Faculty||FSR Score (10%)|
|1||ATENEO DE MANILA UNIVERSITY-Q.C.||89.50||12||0||0||12||100.00%||60||90||COE||100||1:10||10||85|
|2||DE LA SALLE UNIVERSITY-MANILA||88.60||20||1||0||21||95.24%||100||80||Level III||70||1:14||14||85|
|3||UNIVERSITY OF SANTO TOMAS||83.74||12||5||0||17||70.59%||90||90||COE||100||1:15||15||85|
|4||UNIVERSITY OF THE PHILIPPINES-DILIMAN||83.50||8||0||0||8||100.00%||40||70||COE||100||1:15||15||85|
|5||PAMANTASAN NG LUNGSOD NG MAYNILA||75.17||13||2||0||15||86.67%||80||40||Independent||60||1:18||18||100|
|6||ATENEO DE DAVAO UNIVERSITY||74.50||12||3||0||15||80.00%||80||40||Level III||70||1:13||13||85|
|7||UNIVERSITY OF NEGROS OCCIDENTAL-RECOLETOS||69.17||13||2||0||15||86.67%||80||40||Not Accredited||30||1:16||16||85|
|8||UNIVERSITY OF THE CORDILLERAS||68.50||6||0||0||6||100.00%||30||100||Not Accredited||30||1:38||38||65|
|9||UNIVERSITY OF SAN CARLOS||67.83||5||1||0||6||83.33%||30||80||Level II||60||1:16||16||85|
|10||SAINT LOUIS UNIVERSITY||62.07||10||4||0||14||71.43%||70||40||Candidate||40||1:27||27||75|
|11||HOLY ANGEL UNIVERSITY||60.50||6||2||0||8||75.00%||40||60||Candidate||40||1:17||17||85|
- Private Higher Education Institutions Faculty-Student Ratio. (2019, June 8). Retrieved from https://ched.gov.ph/wp-content/uploads/2019-Private-HEIs-Faculty-Student-Ratio.pdf
- State Universities and Colleges (SUCs) Faculty Student Ratio. (2019, June 8). Retrieved from https://ched.gov.ph/wp-content/uploads/2019-SUCs-Faculty-Student-Ratio.pdf
- October 2019 Psychologist Licensure Examination Results Released in Four (4) Working Days. (2019, November 5). Retrieved from https://www.prc.gov.ph/article/october-2019-chemist-and-chemical-technician-licensure-examination-results-released-two-2
- Accreditation Status of Institutional Members (All Years, 1992-2017). Retrieved from http://www.aaccupqa.org.ph/index.php/about-aaccup/institutional-members/4-institutional-members
- Institutions/Programs that were Granted Various Accredited Status by Region, (2019, July 4). Retrieved from https://drive.google.com/file/d/1uQi3ioO1duYpDC8CAfpZ821QDtTem4dS/view
- Philippine Accrediting Association of Schools, Colleges and Universities. Retrieved from http://paascu.org.ph/?page_id=119