Ten schools have made the list of Best Physical Therapy Schools in the Philippines for 2019, based on the overall board exam performance and other criteria.
Every year, the Local Pulse ranks the colleges and universities offering undergraduate programs in physical therapy based on the weighted passing rate in physical therapist licensure examination, number of examinees, top examinees, accreditation status in physical therapy, and faculty-student ratio.
The University of Santo Tomas comes out on top for this year’s ranking running with an overall score of 89.86 percent by scoring 98.40% in weighted passing rate, 100% in number of examinees, only 40% in top examinees since the school has no top examinees for the year, 90% in accreditation status since the school is CHED’s Center of Development for physical therapy, and 85% in faculty-student ratio.
The weighted passing rate in physical therapist licensure examination is given 40% in the overall score, the number of examinees is given a weight of 20%, the rank of an examinee is given a weight of 10% while accreditation level in physical therapy is 20% and the faculty-student ratio is 10%.
UST has the major lead given that the next school is De La Salle Medical and Health Institute with an overall score of 85.75 percent. Pamantasan ng Lungsod ng Maynila holds the third rank at 79.50%.
The fourth rank is the University of the East Ramon Magsaysay Memorial Medical Center at 77.25% overall score.
The fifth rank, Mariano Marcos State University-Batac, is at 74.84% while Silliman University holds the sixth rank with an overall score of 73.89%. The seventh in the ranking is Cebu Doctors’ University at 72.839%, followed by the University of the Philippines-Manila, holding the eighth rank at 69.55%. San Pedro College-Davao City holds the ninth rank at 66.32% while Far Eastern University-Nicanor Reyes Memorial Foundation at 10th rank with 64.95% overall score.
- 23 Ranked Best Physical Therapy Schools in the Philippines for 2018
- Top Performing Physical Therapy Schools in PH for 2019
- 23 ranked Best Physical Therapy Schools in the Philippines (2014-2018)
- Top Performing Physical Therapy Schools in the Philippines for 2018
- 35 Best Philippine Schools for Medical Technology in 2017
To rank the schools, we took the weighted passing rates of the two physical therapist licensure examinations (PTLE) in 2019, the number of examinees, and top-performing examinees as the overall board exam performance (70%), and faculty-student ratio and accreditation status of the pharmacy undergraduate program as other criteria (30%).
For the school to qualify in the list of rankings, it should have 40 or more examinees in a year and with at least an 80% weighted passing rate.
Read on to see which schools made the list.
|10 Best Philippine Schools with Physical Therapy Undergraduate Programs for 2019|
|OVERALL BOARD EXAM PERFORMANCE (70%)||OTHER CRITERIA (30%)|
|RANK||OVERALL SCORE (%)||PASSED||FAILED||TOTAL||Weighted Ave. (PASSED) (40%)||No. of Examinees (20%)||With Top Examinees (10%)||Accreditation Level||Accreditation Level Score (20%)||Faculty-Student Ratio (FSR)||No. of Students per Faculty||FSR Score (10%)|
|1||UNIVERSITY OF SANTO TOMAS||89.86||123||2||125||98.40%||100||40||COD||90||1:15||15||85|
|2||DE LA SALLE MEDICAL & HEALTH SCIENCES INSTITUTE||85.75||81||15||96||84.38%||100||100||Level II||60||1:7||7||100|
|3||PAMANTASAN NG LUNGSOD NG MAYNILA||79.50||63||0||63||100.00%||50||90||Independent||60||1:16||16||85|
|4||UNIVERSITY OF THE EAST RAMON MAGSAYSAY MEMORIAL MEDICAL CENTER||77.25||62||2||64||96.87%||60||40||Level III||70||1:10||10||85|
|5||MARIANO MARCOS STATE UNIVERSITY-BATAC||74.84||76||18||94||80.85%||90||40||Level II||60||1:14||14||85|
|6||SILLIMAN UNIVERSITY||73.89||43||3||46||93.48%||30||100||Level II||60||1:10||10||85|
|7||CEBU DOCTORS' UNIVERSITY||72.84||76||18||94||80.85%||90||40||Level I||50||1:13||13||85|
|8||UNIVERSITY OF THE PHILIPPINES-MANILA||69.55||41||1||42||97.62%||30||60||Level I||50||1:15||15||85|
|9||SAN PEDRO COLLEGE-DAVAO CITY||66.32||52||3||55||94.55%||40||90||Not Accredited||30||1:48||48||55|
|10||FAR EASTERN UNIVERSITY-NICANOR REYES MEDICAL FOUNDATION||64.95||43||10||53||81.14%||40||40||Level II||60||1:10||10||85|
- Private Higher Education Institutions Faculty-Student Ratio. (2019, June 8). Retrieved from https://ched.gov.ph/wp-content/uploads/2019-Private-HEIs-Faculty-Student-Ratio.pdf
- State Universities and Colleges (SUCs) Faculty Student Ratio. (2019, June 8). Retrieved from https://ched.gov.ph/wp-content/uploads/2019-SUCs-Faculty-Student-Ratio.pdf
- August 2019 Physical and Occupational Therapist Licensure Examinations results released in two (2) working days. (2019, August 14). Retrieved from https://www.prc.gov.ph/article/august-2019-physical-and-occupational-therapist-licensure-examinations-results-released-two
- February 2019 Physical and Occupational Therapist Licensure Examinations results released in two (2) working days (2019, February 7). Retrieved from https://www.prc.gov.ph/article/february-2019-physical-and-occupational-therapist-licensure-examinations-results-released
- Accreditation Status of Institutional Members (All Years, 1992-2017). Retrieved from http://www.aaccupqa.org.ph/index.php/about-aaccup/institutional-members/4-institutional-members
- Institutions/Programs that were Granted Various Accredited Status by Region, (2019, July 4). Retrieved from https://drive.google.com/file/d/1uQi3ioO1duYpDC8CAfpZ821QDtTem4dS/view
- Philippine Accrediting Association of Schools, Colleges and Universities. Retrieved from http://paascu.org.ph/?page_id=119