The ranking of the Best Geodetic Engineering Schools in the Philippines for 2019 has been released. Only 10 out of the 40 colleges and universities offering geodetic engineering undergraduate programs made the list.
The University of the Philippines-Diliman led the list of the best schools offering geodetic engineering undergraduate programs for 2019 with a 98.50 percent overall score based on overall board exam performance (70%), program accreditation (20%), and faculty-student ratio (10%). The Caraga State University in Butuan City followed with an 84.67 percent while Bicol University in Legazpi City and Visayas State University-Baybay ranked third and fourth with 72.78% and 65.80% overall scores, respectively. Pampanga State Agricultural University landed fifth with a 65.50 percent overall score.
The University of the Philippines Diliman is currently the Center of Excellence (COE) in geodetic engineering as accredited by the Commission on Higher Education (CHED).
Rounding out the remaining five places are the University of Southeastern Philippines-Davao City at 6th rank, the University of Saint Louis-Tuguegarao at 7th, Nueva Vizcaya State University-Bayombong at 8th, Bulacan Agricultural State College at 9th, and Saint Louis University in Baguio City at 10th.
The rankings are based on the results of geodetic engineer licensure examination this year (October) and other factors including level of accreditation and faculty-student ratio to find out which schools offering undergraduate programs in geodetic engineering have the most valuable degree programs to produce a batch of examinees with high geodetic engineer licensure examination passing rates.
The ranking uses the same performance indicators as the Local Pulse School Rankings, however, the weightings for the number of examinees were adjusted to reflect programs with a large disparity of the number of examinees. Details on the methodology are discussed here. Other possible factors that are possibly secondary variables in determining the best Philippine schools to study geodetic engineering are included in the disclaimer page. Factors such as international linkages, community involvement, employer reputation, research outputs, and research citations per faculty are not part of this study. These variables are assumed to be assessed by accredited agencies such as PACUCOA, PAASCU, and AACCUP.
- 6 rank Best Fisheries Technology Schools in the Philippines for 2019
- 44 rank Best Secondary Education Schools in the Philippines for 2019
- 40 rank Best Elementary Education Schools in the Philippines for 2019
- 10 Best Agriculture Schools in the Philippines for 2019
- 7 Rank Best Dentistry Schools in the Philippines for 2019
- 17 Rank Best Chemical Engineering Schools in the Philippines for 2019
- 55 rank Best Nursing Schools in the Philippines for 2019
- 20 rank Best Civil Engineering Schools in the Philippines for 2019
- 23 rank Best Midwifery Schools in the Philippines for 2019
- 8 rank Best Respiratory Therapy Schools in the Philippines for 2019
- 11 rank Best Philippine Schools to Become a Psychologist for 2019
- 6 rank 2019 Best Optometry Schools in the Philippines
- 24 Rank Best Electronics Engineering Schools in the Philippines for 2019
- 5 Ranked Best Accountancy Schools in the Philippines for 2019
- 31 Ranked Best Medical Technology Schools in the Philippines for 2019
- 49 Ranked Best Electrical Engineering Schools in the Philippines for 2019
- 40 Best Mechanical Engineering Schools in the Philippines for 2019
- 10 Ranked Best Physical Therapy Schools in the Philippines for 2019
- 12 Best Radiologic Technology Schools in the Philippines for 2019
- 15 Best Architecture Schools in the Philippines for 2019
- 2019 University Rankings based on Centers of Development/Excellence
To rank the schools, we took the passing rates of the geodetic engineer licensure examination this year, the number of examinees, and top performing examinees as the overall board exam performance, and faculty-student ratio and accreditation status of the geodetic engineering undergraduate program as other criteria. Note that the passing rates we used this year were adjusted to 60% and above (unlike the PRC’s 80%), and a minimum of 10 examinees (unlike the PRC’s 50 minimum examinees).
Read on to see which schools made the list.
|10 Best Philippine Schools to Study Geodetic Engineering for 2019|
|OVERALL BOARD EXAM PERFORMANCE (70%)||OTHER CRITERIA (30%)|
|RANK||OVERALL SCORE (%)||PASSED||FAILED||COND||TOTAL||Weighted Ave. (PASSED) (40%)||No. of Examinees (20%)||With Top Examinees (10%)||Accreditation Level||Accr. Level Score (20%)||Faculty-Student Ratio (FSR)||No. of Students per Faculty||FSR Score (10%)|
|1||UNIVERSITY OF THE PHILIPPINES- DILIMAN||98.50||87||0||0||87||100.00%||100||100||COE||100||1:15||15||85|
|2||CARAGA STATE UNIVERSITY-BUTUAN CITY||84.67||51||7||0||58||87.93%||100||100||Level II||60||1:21||21||75|
|3||BICOL UNIVERSITY-LEGAZPI||72.78||42||6||1||49||85.71%||80||90||Not Accredited||30||1:24||24||75|
|4||VISAYAS STATE UNIVERSITY-BAYBAY||65.80||15||2||0||17||88.24%||40||40||Level I||50||1:17||17||85|
|5||PAMPANGA STATE AGRICULTURAL UNIVERSITY-PAMPANGA||65.50||12||0||0||12||100.00%||40||40||Not Accredited||30||1:23||23||75|
|6||UNIVERSITY OF SOUTHEASTERN PHILIPPINES-DAVAO CITY||64.35||22||4||0||26||84.62%||60||40||Candidate||40||1:30||30||65|
|7||UNIVERSITY OF SAINT LOUIS-TUGUEGARAO||62.83||25||5||0||30||83.33%||60||40||Not Accredited||30||1:22||22||75|
|8||NUEVA VIZCAYA STATE UNIVERSITY-BAYOMBONG||59.00||11||5||0||16||68.75%||40||40||Level II||60||1:23||23||75|
|9||BULACAN AGRICULTURAL STATE COLLEGE||54.17||14||7||0||21||66.67%||50||40||Not Accredited||30||1:22||22||75|
|10||SAINT LOUIS UNIVERSITY||51.50||12||8||0||20||60.00%||50||40||Not Accredited||30||1:27||27||75|
- 2019 List of Centers of Excellence and Development. (2019, May 8). Retrieved from https://ched.gov.ph/wp-content/uploads/2019-List-of-COE-and-CODs.pdf
- Private Higher Education Institutions Faculty-Student Ratio. (2019, June 8). Retrieved from https://ched.gov.ph/wp-content/uploads/2019-Private-HEIs-Faculty-Student-Ratio.pdf
- State Universities and Colleges (SUCs) Faculty Student Ratio. (2019, June 8). Retrieved from https://ched.gov.ph/wp-content/uploads/2019-SUCs-Faculty-Student-Ratio.pdf
- October 2019 Geodetic Engineer Licensure Examination results released in two (2) working days. (2019, October 28). Retrieved from https://www.prc.gov.ph/article/october-2019-geodetic-engineer-licensure-examination-results-released-two-2-working-days
- Accreditation Status of Institutional Members (All Years, 1992-2017). Retrieved from http://www.aaccupqa.org.ph/index.php/about-aaccup/institutional-members/4-institutional-members
- Institutions/Programs that were Granted Various Accredited Status by Region, (2019, July 4). Retrieved from https://drive.google.com/file/d/1uQi3ioO1duYpDC8CAfpZ821QDtTem4dS/view
- Philippine Accrediting Association of Schools, Colleges and Universities. Retrieved from http://paascu.org.ph/?page_id=119