The ranking of the best agriculture schools in the Philippines for 2018 has been released, which currently features only 10 out of the 239 colleges and universities offering undergraduate programs in agriculture.
University of the Philippines-Los Baños led the list for agriculture with 86.17% overall score after considering their performance in the annual agriculturists licensure examinations this year, accreditation status, and faculty-student ratio.
Central Luzon State University made the 2nd rank on the list for 2018, ahead of the Visays State University-Baybay at 3rd rank, Mindoro State College of Agriculture and Technology-Victoria at 4th rank, and Xavier University at 5th rank. Rounding out the remaining five places for the top 10 performing schools are the Silliman University at 6th rank, Cebu Technological University-Barili at 7th, Cebu Technological University-Argao at 8th, University of Rizal System-Tanay at 9th, and Carcar City College in Carcar, Cebu at 10th.
University of the Philippines-Los Baños, Central Luzon State University, Visayas State University-Baybay, and Xavier University are accredited by the Philippine Commission on Higher Education (CHED) as Centers of Excellence
The list is based on the results of this year’s agriculturists licensure examinations in June plus other factors including accreditation status of the program and faculty-student ratio to find out which schools offering agriculture programs have the most valuable degree programs to produce batch of examinees with high agriculturists licensure examination passing rates.
The ranking uses the same performance indicators as the Local Pulse School Rankings, however the weightings for number of examinees were adjusted to reflect programs with less examinees. Details on the methodology are discussed here. Other possible factors which are possibly secondary variables in determining the best Philippine schools to study agriculture are included in the disclaimer page. Factors such as international linkages, community involvement, employer reputation, research outputs, and research citations per faculty are not part of this study. These variables are assumed to be assessed by accrediting agencies such as PACUCOA, PAASCU, AACCUP, and CHEd.
- 14 Best Agricultural & Biosystems Engineering Schools in the Philippines for 2018
- 29 Ranked Best Philippines Schools to Become Registered Master Electrician for 2018
- 8 Placed Best Respiratory Therapy Schools in the Philippines for 2018
- 7 Ranked Best Veterinary Medicine Schools in the Philippines for 2018
- 7 Best Occupational Therapy Schools in the Philippines for 2018
- 37 Ranked Best Electrical Engineering Schools in the Philippines for 2018
- 39 Best Mechanical Engineering Schools in the Philippines for 2018
- 23 Ranked Best Physical Therapy Schools in the Philippines for 2018
- 18 Best Nutrition and Dietetics Schools in the Philippines for 2018
- 17 Best Radiologic Technology Schools in the Philippines for 2018
- 41 Ranked Best Pharmacy Schools in the Philippines 2018
- 22 Best Architecture Schools in the Philippines for 2018
- 2018 University Rankings based on Centers of Development/Excellence
To rank the schools, we took the weighted passing rate average of this year’s agriculturists licensure examination, number of examinees, and top performing examinees as the overall board exam performance, and faculty-student ratio and accreditation status of agriculture as other criteria. Note that the weighted passing rate we used for 2018 agriculturists licensure examination were adjusted to 60% and above (unlike the PRC’s 80%), and minimum of 20 examinees (unlike the PRC’s 50 minimum examinees).
Read on to see which schools made the list.
|10 Best Philippine Schools to Study Agriculture for 2018|
|RANK||SCHOOL||OVERALL SCORE||OVERALL BOARD EXAM PERFORMANCE (70%)||OTHER CRITERIA (30%)|
|PASSED||FAILED||TOTAL||% PASSED (40%)||No. of Examinees (20%)||With Top Examinees (10%)||Accreditation Level||Accreditation Level Score (20%)||Faculty-Student Ratio (FSR)||No. of Students per Faculty||FSR Score (10%)|
|1||UNIVERSITY OF THE PHILIPPINES - LOS BAÑOS||86.17||58||2||60||96.67%||50||90||COE||100||1:15||15||85|
|2||CENTRAL LUZON STATE UNIVERSITY||85.26||97||48||145||66.90%||100||100||COE||100||1:18||18||85|
|3||VISAYAS STATE UNIVERSITY - BAYBAY||70.72||43||28||71||60.56%||60||60||COE||100||1:17||17||85|
|4||MINDORO STATE COLLEGE OF AGRICULTURE & TECHNOLOGY - VICTORIA||64.96||46||21||67||68.66%||60||40||Level III||70||1:21||21||75|
|6||SILLIMAN UNIVERSITY||62.50||16||4||20||80.00%||30||40||Level II||60||1:10||10||85|
|7||CEBU TECHNOLOGICAL UNIVERSITY - BARILI||60.73||19||7||26||73.08%||30||60||Level II||60||1:28||28||75|
|8||CEBU TECHNOLOGICAL UNIVERSITY - ARGAO||59.68||36||19||55||65.45%||50||40||Level II||60||1:28||28||75|
|9||UNIVERSITY OF RIZAL SYSTEM - TANAY||55.50||15||9||25||60.00%||30||80||Level I||50||1:26||26||75|
|10||CARCAR CITY COLLEGE - CARCAR, CEBU||50.77||15||7||22||68.18%||30||40||Not Accredited||30||1:20||20||75|
- Private Higher Education Institutions Faculty-Student Ratio. (2018, June 8). Retrieved from https://ched.gov.ph/wp-content/uploads/2018/07/Private-Higher-Education-Institutions-Faculty-Student-Ratio.pdf
- State Universities and Colleges (SUCs) Faculty Student Ratio. (2018, June 8). Retrieved from https://ched.gov.ph/wp-content/uploads/2018/07/State-Universities-and-Colleges-SUCs-Faculty-Student-Ratio.pdf
- List of Centers of Excellence and Development. (2018, May 8). Retrieved from https://ched.gov.ph/wp-content/uploads/2018/07/List-of-Centers-of-Excellence-and-Development.pdf
- June 2018 Agriculturist Licensure Examination results released in five (5) working days. (2018, July 3). Retrieved from https://www.prc.gov.ph/article/june-2018-agriculturist-licensure-examination-results-released-five-5-working-days/2406
- Institutions with Accredited Programs (as of May 2018). Retrieved from https://drive.google.com/file/d/12DBK6obVT1EgoeAXU3sI4pfKB_02emfJ/view
- Philippine Accrediting Association of Schools, Colleges and Universities. Retrieved from http://paascu.org.ph/?page_id=119
- Accreditation Status of Institutional Members (All Years, 1992-2017). (2018). Retrieved from http://www.aaccupqa.org.ph/index.php/about-aaccup/2-uncategorised/73-accreditation-status-of-institutional-members-all-years-1992-2017