Some local government units have announced class suspensions for Monday, October 29, 2018, due to Typhoon Rosita (Yutu).
(Update as of 6:05, Oct. 29, 2018)
- Baler, Aurora – all levels (public and private)
- Casiguran, Aurora – all levels (public and private)
- Abra – all levels (public and private)
- Ilocos Sur – all levels (public and private)
- Calanasan, Apayao – all levels (public and private)
- Cagayan – all levels (public and private)
- Isabela – all levels (public and private), until Wednesday, October 31
Twenty-three areas have been placed under tropical storm warning signal no. 1 as Typhoon Rosita as Typhoon Rosita (Yutu) headed for Northern Luzon, the state weather bureau said.
In its 11 p.m. severe weather bulletin, PAGASA said signal no. 1 has been raised in Ilocos Norte, Ilocos Sur, La Union, Pangasinan, Abra, Apayao, Benguet, Ifugao, Kalinga, Mountain Province, Batanes, Cagayan incl. Babuyan Group of Islands, Isabela, Nueva Vizcaya, Quirino, Aurora, Bulacan, Nueva Ecija, Pampanga, Tarlac, Northern Quezon incl. Polillo Island, Rizal, and Camarines Norte.
The center of the storm was last spotted 645 kilometers east of Tuguegarao City, Cagayan. It is still moving west at 20 kilometers per hour (km/h).
Typhoon Rosita slightly weakened late Sunday, but it continues to pose a threat. It now has maximum winds of 180 km/h from the previous 200 km/h and gustiness of up to 220 km/h from the previous 245 km/h. Its diameter is also smaller, from 800 kilometers to 700 kilometers, though this is still considered wide.
Related Class Suspension Announcements
- #WalangPasok: Class suspensions, Tuesday, October 30, 2018
- #WalangPasok: Class suspensions for October 31, 2018
Based on automatic class suspension guideline by DepEd, LGUs have the authority to declare local suspensions in areas where there is no storm signal.
This is a developing story. Please refresh the page for updates.